Just one Brazilian champ left

MW has Machida, Vitor, and Jacare all in the mix. Im not sold on Barao anymore, he should never taken that fight. If he cant make the right decisions about his career he will never be champ again. JDS can knock anyone out. ANYONE. If Vitor loses to the Chris, he can move up and fight Jones. I think the only person he doesn't match up well against is Gus. Aldo should be P4P #1. Brazil is full of talented fighters but they are fighting in a wrestler favored unified rules promotion. So yeah, it makes sense that there are more US wrestling based champs. Im so glad Bendo lost you guys have no idea. I dont think he knock anyone out for the rest of his career

I would love to know this.

Somehow some patriotic dumbasses here think it`s a competition. Even worse, a fair competition.

Brazil and the rest of the world are very outnumbered on the roster.

I'm not sure. Brazilians aren't as rich and probably don't have as much access to equipment and full time training, so that could explain a disparity. We also have a larger population in general. The UFC is also based in the US, but it's owned by brazilians.

There are a lot of factors that could contribute to a disparity. I wonder if there is one. I would think that because we market mostly to english speaking people we would have mostly english speaking fighters, though.

I'm not sure. Brazilians aren't as rich and probably don't have as much access to equipment and full time training, so that could explain a disparity. We also have a larger population in general. The UFC is also based in the US, but it's owned by brazilians.

There are a lot of factors that could contribute to a disparity. I wonder if there is one. I would think that because we market mostly to english speaking people we would have mostly english speaking fighters, though.

Brazilians aren't as rich and probably don't have as much access to equipment and full time training.

This.. Just look to Aldo life the guy had no money to eat and slept on the gym floor he only had a piece of 100$ that Marcos Loro shared with him.

Fighters in Brazil has to go into hell to be able to go mainstream...

Anyone know the ratio of Brazilian to American fighters in the UFC?
People have posted the numbers on here before, it's about 2.5 Americans to every Brazilian. Roughly half the roster is non-American.

People have posted the numbers on here before, it's about 2.5 Americans to every Brazilian. Roughly half the roster is non-American.

Word. But yeah, Brazilians are getting their ass kicked at the moment. 'Murica FTW!

Well, America has the most Olympic golds too. We will beat anybody at any sport we care about. We are the greatest sporting nation on Earth.

We also walked on the moon. Who else did that?

ehm? soccer? the most popular sport of the planet? no!

Not from Brazil you fool, Machida is knocking Weidman out

And Mendes... how did he do when he fought Aldo before?

images

Lucky buzzer beating knee, remember he cheated dirty earlier in the fight with that vicious cage grab. Mendes was just getting started and most likely would have knocked Aldo out in round 2 or 3, we all know Aldo gasses bad.

That one champ is arguably the number 1 p4p fighter in the world who has already KOed two of the top contenders in his division in the first round. I don't Aldo will lose any time soon barring some serious injuries or a move to LW and even then I think he can beat most, if not all, the LWs on the planet. Plus Machida and Werdum might become champion by the end of this year.

Lucky buzzer beating knee, remember he cheated dirty earlier in the fight with that vicious cage grab. Mendes was just getting started and most likely would have knocked Aldo out in round 2 or 3, we all know Aldo gasses bad.

He might cheat again and win lol ala Jones pokes.

THIS 100%

I think if UFC get his hands in this french judoka Teddy Riner or some Gold Judo medallist, he would be able to ragdoll Jones or Cain easily.

Exactly the kind of fighter I could have seen switching to MMA in Japan but will almost certainly never switch to MMA today. I'm guessing a lot of the reason Fedor moved to Sambo from Judo was that he knew RTT had strong links with RINGS, who he was fighting for within a year.

Probably the even bigger missed opportunity is in kickboxing, if Pride had still been alive when FEG died I think we'd have seen a mass kick boxer migration to MMA, as it is almost body has switched recently. Look at what happened with guys like Spong and Ewerton Teixeira, they gave MMA a little try but when Glory started offering good money gave up and switched back.

If things stay as they are I suspect MMA will become almost totally US ex wrestler dominated within 5 years as more of the guys who came though in Japan fade/retire.

Lmao the lot of you talking shit about Brazil must have been some sore bastards for many years smh i can only imagine your butthurt that you had to live through for so long hahahaha. Anyways hopefully I can remember to bump this thread when Machida KO's Weedman and Aldo beats Mendes again.

Back