Just one Brazilian champ left

boneloc

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Its pretty crazy that the USA has all but one belt. I guess the debate over which country is better at MMA is over for a while.

Yea pretty crazy.

HW: Cain
LHW: Jones
MW: Weidman
WW: Hendricks
LW: Pettis
FW: Aldo
BW: TJ
FW: MM

AMERICA FUCK YEA!

Not going to lie...I'm anxiously awaiting the passion, excitement, etc those "huge MMA fans" down there will have over the next few years when: Rua, Nog & AS retire, JDS loses 5 more times to Cain, there's no champs, their TUF winners do nothing significant and Erick Silva is getting beat down like a red headed stepchild by any/every ranked fighter.

Lol was just about to start this thread.

Lol @ Brazil

Imagine if Mendes gets the belt from Aldo, or if Aldo moves up to vacate and fight Pettis and loses. Not saying either would happen, but it's definitely possible.

Imagine if Mendes gets the belt from Aldo, or if Aldo moves up to vacate and fight Pettis and loses. Not saying either would happen, but it's definitely possible.

it's also possible that Weidman loses the belt in his next fight to a Brazilian.

Weidman is going to lose his belt very soon.

And Aldo isn't losing to Mendes and he would wreck Pettis.

Aldo has stood the test of time so far. 5 years #1 in his weight class. That's a long time.

In contrast, Renan was #1 in his weight class for 1 year.

Yeah

I 'm hardcore 'murican
BUT this thread is stupid

Great chance Machida is MW champ shortly, Aldo is one of the best-- still pleanty of great fighters Brazil has to offer. Lighten the fuck up

While showing that 'Murica has some tough SOBs, it also shows just how small MMA is as a sport globally.

Aldo isn't going anywhere soon.come time think of it, was there ever a time when there wasn't a Brazilian champ?

Aldo will stay champ, possibly be next 155 champ, & Machida will be 185 champ after he wrecks Weidman! This is coming from an American too!

Normally I would be above this, but I think watching all those Brazilian Fight Nights changed my outlook. I'm loving it.

Aldo has stood the test of time so far. 5 years #1 in his weight class. That's a long time.

In contrast, Renan was #1 in his weight class for 1 year.

UFC hype machine

Meh, doesnt really prove anything. The UFC is an American based company and therefore
the majority of its roster is composed of Amurrican fighters.

- TJ wont be holding on to that belt as Barao or Assuncao would take him in a rematch

- The Dragon is going to expose Weidman

- Gusto will be eating Jones lunch

- Rory will probably defeat T-Wood and take the belt

All very highly possible, and mark my words the UFC will not have such a mediocre stable of champs by the end of the year.

^^^
It's true that the roster is majority American, but are you suggesting that the UFC does not have the best Brazilian fighters? if you guys have better prospects than Erick Silva and Barboza, please bring them over because the current crop is underwhelming and the old dogs are gonna have to retire at some point.

Back