Just got laid off - Not enough work due to COVID :(

Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up. Sometimes shit happens and for some lead them to even better opportunities. I will be in San Francisco tomorrow actually. If I weren't going to be with my family I would have grabbed you lunch and a beer at some outdoor seating restaurant

Sucks to hear that my ninja but from personal experience, everythings golden. It can be stressful, lack of security, etc.

Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up. Sometimes shit happens and for some lead them to even better opportunities. I will be in San Francisco tomorrow actually. If I weren't going to be with my family I would have grabbed you lunch and a beer at some outdoor seating restaurant

This gentleman knows.

Miss SF and Chinatown, was planning on staying for a few days for the Chinese New Year parade but it was just as Covid was kicking off and probably not a great idea. People on another site were calling me silly at the time, changed their mind a couple of weeks later.

Unemployment pays pretty good, and you can't beat the schedule or the commute

40 years in the field. I made a bunch of connections but a lot of them are 5+ years "cold" by now. But it's worth reaching out. But what do you say? "Hey....we haven't talked in like 5 years but you got a job for me? " ;) - I'm kidding of course but it's probably worth just being honest and asking them to keep their ears open or something.

Connections are the most important thing obviously. Any "in" is worth a ton in a company vs being some random resume that comes across HR desk.

So you're 60ish years old? Might make it tougher. Guess you're not in a position to retire? When you say kids, you mean younger kids, or you want to be close to them?

Damn I kinda feel like a dick now. Got 3 farms that keep calling me to work but I don't wanna leave my own land just yet. Got few bills. Grow and forage. All I really need to buy is meat and weed.

Unemployment pays pretty good, and you can't beat the schedule or the commute

Heh....ya, if it were just me in a single apartment but I got 3 kids man. Unemployment isn't covering anything for me, well rent, but that's it. My new FULL TIME job is finding a job. Gotta treat it like a 10 hour a day (or more as needed) job not a time to watch Netflix and chill. A wake up call I guess.

So you're 60ish years old? Might make it tougher. Guess you're not in a position to retire? When you say kids, you mean younger kids, or you want to be close to them?

Dang it....I TOTALLY misspoke. lol. 20 years in the field. I'm around 40. If I was 60ish I'd retire :)

In these days of crazy emergency, it should be legal to exchange sexual favors for daily necessities... or bank the sex acts in the form of credits for use later.

Don't know what I'm going to do. I got kids man. :( - Just thought I'd vent to my fellow Sherdoggers who might be in the same boat. It was a great job with full benefits everything I could ask for. Now it's gone.

Whoever says this shit is a conspiracy needs to be kicked in the nuts.

EDIT: Sorry, my last line was confusing. I was/am just upset. I don't want to bring conspiracy theory or politics or anything into it. I was just venting b/c I'm terrible frustrated and worried was all.
Damnnn, were you the one whose company had a diversity hire the other day

Don't know what I'm going to do. I got kids man. :( - Just thought I'd vent to my fellow Sherdoggers who might be in the same boat. It was a great job with full benefits everything I could ask for. Now it's gone.

EDIT: Sorry, my last line was confusing. I was/am just upset. I don't want to bring conspiracy theory or politics or anything into it. I was just venting b/c I'm terrible frustrated and worried was all.

vote republican

I don’t know what you mean by it’s a hoax. Like the disease is not real? That it isn’t dangerous? I know an otherwise healthy 35 year old at work that passed out and shit himself while he was sick with covid. He got rushed to the ER with dangerously low blood pressure. They think he had a mild stroke. The truth is we are uncharted waters and no one should be making these claims
I don't know how it's relevant whether it's a hoax or not. If my other half got laid off as a result of it then how is watching TV going to have an effect or not? Fucking idiots on an otherwise reasonable site lately.

Things work out the best for the people who make the best of how things work out.

Don’t let it phase you, no time, adapt.

I know it’s easy to say, good luck sherbro.

I am so sorry to hear this. I've been in this position before where I lost a job with a young family. I made it through and found another job. I will say a prayer for you and your family. My wife and I have talked about this, my current job is great, but if something happens we are prepared to move anywhere. A house in your area is $1M. A nice house in many nice parts of the country is $350k. Might be working looking in other states if you can't find something local.

Sorry to hear that man.

Maybe CraveOnline will hire you to fix this fucking site.

Back