• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION (Premieres June 9, 2022; Dragonlord's Rating)

If you have seen JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
The JP franchise is similar to the Predator one.

Both originals were solid films that still hold up. The sequels were ok. Then the rest of the additions just kept getting worse and worse.

All the sequels put together have less character and emotion than the water ripple glass scene from the first movie. Pure scutter the lot of them. Even the time it would take me to skip past their thumbnails on a streaming service would be too much time spent on them.

I'm gonna go watch this in the cinema but expecting to be massively let down - I hated the last one to be honest, and the one before wasn't much better.

Just watched it. Not a terrible movie but I was just bored with it for the most part. Not even the return of Sam Neil, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum could save the movie from the lackluster story and repetitive storylines/story beats. Main villain was the worst. He was too bland and they didn't even bother giving him a proper persona.

Rating: 5/10

Dang a 5/10. I don't think I can rember another movie you rated that low.

Lets put it this way....I think the dinosaurs have about 10 minutes of screen time in a 2 and a half hour long movie....about dinosaurs. Whoever thought we wanted to see two groups of people walk around for two hours was very wrong. Like one movie reviewer said, I dont know who this movie was made for.

Lets put it this way....I think the dinosaurs have about 10 minutes of screen time in a 2 and a half hour long movie....about dinosaurs. Whoever thought we wanted to see two groups of people walk around for two hours was very wrong. Like one movie reviewer said, I dont know who this movie was made for.
The original had 15 minutes of dinosaurs...

The original had 15 minutes of dinosaurs...
Trust me your going to wish that 5 extra minutes were in this movie. It also wasnt as long as this turd. I wanted to give this a chance buts its pretty dang bad.

Don't want to watch this but my wife does. So I will probably be forced to go see it.

Don't want to watch this but my wife does. So I will probably be forced to go see it.

I disliked the second one to the extent that even Neill, Dern, and Goldblum can’t bring me back.

maybe I’ll check it out on streaming some day but I’m not heading to the theater for it.

I disliked the second one to the extent that even Neill, Dern, and Goldblum can’t bring me back.

maybe I’ll check it out on streaming some day but I’m not heading to the theater for it.

Same it was such a forgettable movie I can barely remember what happened. I just remember the auction scene and that's it.

Same it was such a forgettable movie I can barely remember what happened. I just remember the auction scene and that's it.

For sure.

It was rough. Timothy Spall's son, Raffe, who is a damn good actor in his own right was this generic heel who just had tons of screen time but left virtually no impression.

Even the always great Ted Levine had to deal with a complete caricature of a villainous hunter. He was like the villain version of Postlethwaite from The Lost World except much less cool.

James Cromwell was some long-lost Hammond business partner that had conveniently never been mentioned because of "falling out."

And oh yeah he used the Jurassic Park clone tech to clone his deceased daughter and raise her as his granddaughter.

Wait, what?

Only awesome parts in my opinion were Goldblum's cameo appearances. I really liked his delivery of some of his lines. "Change is like death. You don't know what it looks like until you're standing at the gates..."

Also, I haven't seen this new one yet but sounds like there are some more uninspiring heel characters.

Look, JP series always had nefarious human characters. But Nedry was a corporate espionage guy who recklessly and horrendously put lives in severe danger in order to facilitate his escape. Arliss Howard was a cold, calculating, exploitative business type.

These were more subtle, realistic villains. They weren't mustache twirlers and I feel that's where the series has been going. And let's call it like it is the DINOSAURS were the real heels of the first couple of movies. Granted, you can't call carnivorous, massive or destructive organisms doing what they do in an ecosystem villainous per se but they were the heels in the sense that they were continually threatening the lives of the protagonists. I feel with the Pratt movies it's almost like they are afraid to make the dinos bad guys, unless its some genetically engineered giant reptile that requires a T-Rex/raptor buddy cop teamup to bring it to justice.

Last edited:
Any idea where to watch this besides the theatre? My 10 year old wants to see it but I don't want to spend $40 if it's truly shit. I have Netflix, Disney plus and Amazon prime.

Any idea where to watch this besides the theatre? My 10 year old wants to see it but I don't want to spend $40 if it's truly shit. I have Netflix, Disney plus and Amazon prime.

Its gonna be on all 3 of those tomorrow, youre good bro

If anybody sees the critics tell em Bigg Pliny said theyre fulla shit!!
What movie were they watching
I just got done watching a hella fun globe trotting adventure full of chaos, treachery, non stop action and so many awesome dinosaur fights!
Babyfaces were strong and easy to root for, if you've ever heard of Monsanto then you will easily hate the villains with all your passions and the story was good enough to get us from one huge action sequence to the next while still keeping you interested in each twist and turn
Also, who the fuck decided fan service was a bad thing, Im a fan and I enjoy being serviced!
Loved the little nostalgia moments here, especially the living Jurassic Park logo moment, that was cool as hell
I officially give this film my Highest 7 Thumbs Up Recommendation

Are you sure you watched the right movie, this film was packed with dinosaurs from beginning to end

I haven't seen it yet but I'm very disappointed (not surprised though) that it is receiving such bad reviews. I don't know what is so difficult about making a good sequel but they just seem incapable of doing so. It really bothers me too because the first movie is my favorite and had such an impact on my childhood and love for dinosaurs.

I'm not going to cancel my tickets over it though, I'll judge it for myself when I see it next week. Unfortunately, this weekend is really busy for me and I won't see it until Wednesday in Imax. Hopefully with such low expectations it will at the very least be stupid entertainment.

Yeah this mostly sucked lol. The parts that were good were pretty awesome but a nonsensical plot that took away from what everyone wanted to see spoiled most of the movie. Worst one by a decent margin imo.

The movie was bad. Just straight up boring and soulless. The original three characters coulda been replaced with new ones and it wouldn’t have changed the story one bit. Nothing new or interesting to propel the series forward. Generic Hollywood blockbuster with Jurassic park slapped over it

Back