• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION (Premieres June 9, 2022; Dragonlord's Rating)

If you have seen JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Just watched it yesterday.

Even though its a movie that deals with Dinos, this one managed to seem even more over the top with the crazy storyline than the previous films.

The cgi was good enough, nothing much more spectacular from anything else in the series. The acting was bland and the performances from the old schoolers just seemed like cash grabs.

Also, watching Chris Pratt do his force power trick to repel the dinos over and over was nothing short of comedy.

Oh and that end scene. Like...do they have to have the same kind of ending over and over. 2 species of dinos battle it out as the crew escapes or 2 weaker ones tag team the big baddie.

I honestly hope they never make another one of these ever again.

3/10.

The original is the only one that will ever truly matter.

It was phenomenal definitely check it out.

Can somebody tell me if blue and the baby die cuz I can’t see it unless I know they’re safe beforehand lol

That's a pretty big part of the story so I'll spoiler tag it because you really should watch the movie without knowing the answer to that question

they survive

This movie made 15 million more than Top Gun Maverick did on its opening weekend, proves Im right and this movie is dope as fuck!

The more I think about this the more I feel it is crap, because with most of the main original cast and the new cast this should have been an epic send off for the franchise but it is such a dull movie.

The antagonist had pathetic character development. You would think for a large biotech company there would be more than 1 head honcho and personnel running involved in nefarious projects.

"returning to direct" as if the dumpster fire series ever had any sense of direction other than "ummmm so like dinosaurs and then like that funny guy from Guardians of the Galaxy and some chick ok great let's wrap it, boys"

Sprinkle in a rambling Goldblum and you've got yourself a blockbuster!

Just saw it. I went in with pretty low expectations. While the movie was incredibly stupid it was still somewhat entertaining. I was expecting a 3 but I gave it a 5.

Also, watching Chris Pratt do his force power trick to repel the dinos over and over was nothing short of comedy.
Yeah that is lame. It was lame the first time around.

One would think with an all star cast and Spielberg producing, they could have made a decent movie.

It did?

Wont have legs though.

What do you mean by legs?
It will drop this week of course because its about to go up against the new Buzz Lightyear movie but its still gonna hit 1 billion dollars before its done, I dont see how that can be called anything but a huge success

Well it must have done well because it was sold out when my wife tried to get us tickets last Sunday (thank god cause I didn't want to go).

The only good movie is the original.
The rest are utter trash, for the most part.
Nothing, NOTHING, will capture the awe and wonder and fear I experienced as a 13 year old in the theater when this happened:

babf808f97af1b4a4ea1e30ec13ef618.gif
You and everyone else.

It truly broke the mold. Kind of in a way that avatar did.

I'm glad my expectations were so low because I truly expected it to be worse honestly. I'd score it a 6 or 7. It was okay and entertaining enough for me. I enjoyed it a lot more than Fallen Kingdom, not sure why its rated nearly 20 points lower on RT.

I'd probably rank it pretty high actually. Most of the sequels have sucked so that's not saying much though.

Jurassic Park 9.5/10
Jurassic World 7.5/10
Jurassic Park Lost World 7/10
Jurassic World Dominion 6.5/10
Jurassic Park III 5/10
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 3/10

I'll always support the franchise. Yes, they don't deliver often but the first movie had a huge impact on me and I've never missed one in theaters. The franchise needs to take a rest for a decade though. Reboot it in 2030 something and go back to more simple storylines.

Also, why the fuck was this taken out of the movie?

Last edited:
I'm glad my expectations were so low because I truly expected it to be worse honestly. I'd score it a 6 or 7. It was okay and entertaining enough for me. I enjoyed it a lot more than Fallen Kingdom, not sure why its rated nearly 20 points lower on RT.

I'd probably rank it pretty high actually. Most of the sequels have sucked so that's not saying much though.

Jurassic Park 9.5/10
Jurassic World 7.5/10
Jurassic Park Lost World 7/10
Jurassic World Dominion 6.5/10
Jurassic Park III 5/10
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 3/10

I'll always support the franchise. Yes, they don't deliver often but the first movie had a huge impact on me and I've never missed one in theaters. The franchise needs to take a rest for a decade though. Reboot it in 2030 something and go back to more simple storylines.

Also, why the fuck was this taken out of the movie?

I thought this one is the dullest of all the sequels.

The only good movie is the original.
The rest are utter trash, for the most part.
Nothing, NOTHING, will capture the awe and wonder and fear I experienced as a 13 year old in the theater when this happened:

babf808f97af1b4a4ea1e30ec13ef618.gif

There is a 35mm transfer of Jurassic Park floating around on the web. It's amazing how they never got the color timing right on this film for the DVD/Blu Ray/4K releases. The colors are so much richer. Transports you right back to 1993.

0aivy58mbdx41.jpg

Hope there’s an asteroid at the end of the movie

Welp, Jurassic Park held strong and actually beat Lightyear to hold on to the #1 spot at the box office
At this point I think its safe to admit that its a modern masterpiece and Im the best movie judger ever

Speaking of movie judging, holy moley did Lightyear suck!
That movie was surprisingly bad, still surprised it lost the wekend though, just because Pixar and Toy Story is such a monster franchise

Back