• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION (Premieres June 9, 2022; Dragonlord's Rating)

If you have seen JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
The only one that has ever mattered was the OG. After 93, the franchise just kept going downhill imo. 2 was ok, world is probably 2nd best, but they all pale in comparison to the first.

You would think they would only get better due to the advancements in CG, but they relied more and more heavily on that aspect while other areas lacked.

I’d say the Lost World is definitely the second best and that includes it being better than Jurassic World which I feel had a lot of hype to its name and was passably entertaining but left no real impression for me. When D’Onofrio started talking about special ops raptors—probably one of the silliest things I’d heard in a recent film.

Lost World was pretty good. But the funny thing is, at the time, many people were very critical cause it could not in any way live up to the amazing predecessor. Now, all these years later, it’s reputation has grown due to what followed.

I haven’t been a fan of this new trilogy so I’m hesitant about this new one. Jurassic World was ok but relied too much on nostalgia and somehow the dinosaurs looked worst than the 93 version. And the military guy wanting to weaponize the raptors?? Kinda dumb. I didn’t bother watching fallen kingdom and from what I hear I’m glad I missed it. This one looks visually good but again seems to be relying too heavily on nostalgia. And they say this is the last one…..<45>

Last edited:
Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time. The series has been absolute shit in comparison since. I can't enjoy these movies simply because they have action and dinosaurs in them. This looks somewhat interesting but I have little doubt it won't still suck. I'll probably still take my kids to see it.

Somehow I was never interested at all in any of the Jurassic Park films though I didn't mind 3 even though it bombed.

giphy.gif

Looks meh, but I will go see it. Bringing the old crew back together would be worth watching.

sure its fappable but its not especiaally fappable and i think many of us are a bit jaded by low quality but its hard not to be hopeful for JP

yeah cool more motorcycle driving while raptors run along

Fallen Kingdom was shit. The first of the new ones had a few cool scenes with the water dinosaur

They very rarely make quality big budget movies anymore. Star Wars, DC/Marvel, Terminators, most are big booms with little substance. Constant reboots, remakes, origin stories...A few exceptions obviously. I will wait to see this for free.

LMAO At how these actors stare at the dinosaurs

Director: OK! You're at a McDonalds....staring at the menu.....YES! THAT LOOK!

Just watched it. Not a terrible movie but I was just bored with it for the most part. Not even the return of Sam Neil, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum could save the movie from the lackluster story and repetitive storylines/story beats. Main villain was the worst. He was too bland and they didn't even bother giving him a proper persona.

Rating: 5/10

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with this series now. The last movie I can really recall seeing is the one where the mercs get murked when they went to look for that kid.

Something tells me that I'm ahead on this one.

Just watched it. Not a terrible movie but I was just bored with it for the most part. Not even the return of Sam Neil, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum could save the movie from the lackluster story and repetitive storylines/story beats. Main villain was the worst. He was too bland and they didn't even bother giving him a proper persona.

Yeah hard pass for me , going to save some money and just watch Thor then Black Adam.

About what I expected after the last one and the lame trailer.

The only good movie is the original.
The rest are utter trash, for the most part.
Nothing, NOTHING, will capture the awe and wonder and fear I experienced as a 13 year old in the theater when this happened:

babf808f97af1b4a4ea1e30ec13ef618.gif

I was 7 years old and this movie inspired me to be a better runner because I didn't want large a T-Rex to catch me , but fucking Jurrassic World has the damn T-rex being out run by a chick in Heels.

They explain why somehow in 2022 with all modern tech fat ass lizards are supposed to conquer earth, when i'm pretty sure ancient romans level of tech would have been enough to whipe them out?

I haven’t been a fan of this new trilogy so I’m hesitant about this new one. Jurassic World was ok but relied too much on nostalgia and somehow the dinosaurs looked worst than the 93 version. And the military guy wanting to weaponize the raptors?? Kinda dumb. I didn’t bother watching fallen kingdom and from what I hear I’m glad I missed it. This one looks visually good but again seems to be relying too heavily on nostalgia. And they say this is the last one…..<45>
The dinosaurs look worse because they're full CGI now. In the original, a lot of the shots were real models. The T-Rex was a mix; sometimes model, sometimes CG, which helped the CGI shots for lighting and stuff because they had some actual model shots filmed to base off of.

There's a pretty quick in depth look at it on YouTube, I think the guys from Corridor Digital.

<WellThere>

Back