Junior dos Santos: "The heavyweight division is at its best moment, but lacks Fedor"

So Nelson, Carwin and Cain can go to decision with JDS and fat ass 40 year old Hunt can go 15 minutes with JDS, but prime Fedor would lose to JDS in less than three minutes?

You've lost all credibility.

When was Prime Fedor part of the discussion? I'm talking about current Fedor i'm not living in some sort of alternate universe. Not one to use MMA math but if Hendo can ko Fedor almost intantly, JDS would have an easy time against him throwing sloppy haymakers over and over.

I change my mind he wouldn't last 2 minutes.

Cain and JDS are so far ahead of the other HWTs right now, it's a shame there's no one else to test them. Let them fight each other every 5-6 months until someone else steps up.

I don't think either one of them are THAT far ahead of Cormier, Werdum, or Barnett.

Fedor training with a real camp would be dangerous, but hes 35 now and if anything his fire has all but dwindled. UFC had its chance.

Cain and JDS are so far ahead of the other HWTs right now, it's a shame there's no one else to test them. Let them fight each other every 5-6 months until someone else steps up.

They mostly have been fighting each other in the past two years so thats hard to call. Cormier could be a threat if he'd stay around.

And he'd be tangling with a guy that hung with a prime Minotauro on the mat and beat Semmy Schilt via mounting him and landing some of the most disturbingly violent ground and pound I've ever seen. In fact, early on in his career Sergei was a submission guy by trade, using his Sambo base. Only in the Ninja fight did he showcase his striking for the first time on the big stage.

Junior is a sold grappler too however, his takedowns against Mark Hunt and Shane Carwin looked pretty good, and he really beat Hunt up on the ground pretty badly if I remember. Certainly interesting. He wouldn't submit Sergei but he could do some damage there I think.

Yeah Sergei is no slouch on the ground. I guess his Barnett and Monson fights are still a little fresh in my mind.

who doesnt love fedor?

The sheeple Dana White drones that takes all he says as facts and can't think for themselves for a second. Even the best UFC fighters have time and time again showed huge respect to Fedor, alot of them have said he's the best p4p fighter of all times and many other compliments yet some dumb mma "fans" rather listen to Dana White, sad how weak-minded people can be so easily manipulated.

When was Prime Fedor part of the discussion? I'm talking about current Fedor i'm not living in some sort of alternate universe. Not one to use MMA math but if Hendo can ko Fedor almost intantly, JDS would have an easy time against him throwing sloppy haymakers over and over.

I change my mind he wouldn't last 2 minutes.

If Cain can drop JDS within 3 minutes, Fedor does and finishes him.

Thats how you know Fedor.is the flippin' GOAT. When you have a great fighter in JDS saying that he is a fan. Such a shame that people think Fedor was a can kicker... and a wash up. Long live the last Emperor!!!!!!! War Fedor!!!! SLAVA FEDOR

No one in their right mind thinks Fedor was a can crusher. There are haters that think he was always vastly overrated and there are nuthuggers that think he was a God. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

No one can go ten years undefeated in one of the biggest MMA organizations in the world unless he is an ELITE fighter. Fedor to date really is the HW GOAT. that is not to say prime Fedor would beat JDS or Cain. I don't think we can know that. We know he couldn't today. His fights with Werdum and Bigfoot should show that. Beyond that it is all speculation. I wish he had signed with UFC back in 2006 or whenever it was but unfortunately we never saw those matchups we wanted to see.

Haha right. Respecting people you're trying to sign? Almost unheard of.

Im a bigger fan of Dana than most, but that is on him. Fedor is such a quiet respectful fight he's not going to sign because the bald guy from the UFC is being a douche, calling him overrated, etc.

If he had let the Fertitas deal with it and let Fedor have some freedoms doing Sambo and what not, it could have been. I guess the co promotion thing was in the way too

the ufc knows what its doing, they bash people outside orgs then suck them off when they are a part of it - if that doesnt make sense to you, then you def have no idea what you're talking about - what they say in the media is strategic, it has nothing to do with being 'respectful' - its about money and getting your way - they didnt get fedor because they couldnt agree on terms / money / co promotion etc. - when uyou cant get someone, its time to bash them, ufc is mean to most everyone who they cant control - they did the same with overeem but overeem came over - they did the same w other fighters as well - you say what makes sense at the time - ufc is an aggressive negotiator, and it doesnt always work

Last edited:
Didnt Fedor loose almost all of his fights in the US?

I remember back when JDS was going to fight Overeem for his first defence, everyone was saying how JDS would have been HW goat over fedor if he won.

Right, I guess "Hw goat" is a subjective thing. Its an opinion. For me, the only thing close to Fedor at heavyweight is Cain and JDS. With a victory over each other each, this might seal it for me.

If not the winner of this title match, if the winner of JDS/Cain beats another opponent for the title after this they definitely tie or surpass Fedor ass HW goat. And that is saying a fucking lot

Im the biggest Fedor fan ever, but Ill give credit when its due. If Cain or JDS win decisively, they very well may pass Fedor as HW goat. I really like that they both have respect for him, as Im sure Fedor does for them.

Neither will anytime soon, where does consistency come into play when talking about GOAT jeez. People were claiming Jon Jones to be GOAT after a good (very good ) 2 years.. guys like fedor , silva and gsp RULED there respective decisions for years, thats why they are GOAT. IMO JDS is closer than Cain in regards to the conversation because he has a much better resume, whereas cain had an easy road to the title. Lets not forget hes also fought the same 2 guys in his last 5 .

Neither will anytime soon, where does consistency come into play when talking about GOAT jeez. People were claiming Jon Jones to be GOAT after a good (very good ) 2 years.. guys like fedor , silva and gsp RULED there respective decisions for years, thats why they are GOAT. IMO JDS is closer than Cain in regards to the conversation because he has a much better resume, whereas cain had an easy road to the title. Lets not forget hes also fought the same 2 guys in his last 5 .

I agree, it will take a HW multiple years of dominance as the champion to come close to surpassing Fedor and I don't think we will ever see it happen honestly. Everyone knows Fedor is the GOAT.

I do agree with Mendez that Cormier, Cain and JDS are the top 3 guys but there are guys that I think are close to them like Werdum and Barnett while not injured or sick.

Dos Santos vs. a 2004/2005 Kharitonov would be goddamn epic. Sergei was a supreme technical boxer, had a chin of iron and was just an extremely tough human being.

This guy
ildhrn.jpg

vs.

This guy
tumblr_meag08DrMc1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

...would be a dream fight.

yessir! like i said, jds vs sergei, or jds vs andrei...damn. fireworks right there

Yeah Sergei is no slouch on the ground. I guess his Barnett and Monson fights are still a little fresh in my mind.

unfortunately that was 250 pound k-1 sergei :(
he has an mma bout coming up and i wish someone would remind him that he has a background in sambo

I wasn't just saying HW goat. Id say winning 9/10 or 10/11 fights against top UFC talent is pretty consistent. They've destroyed everyone they fought in the UFC (including each other oddly). Im a Fedor fan too, and it might even take one of them to win this weekend and defend the title once more. Not saying they are better than Fedor, that they would have beat him or are more skilled. I just think that their resume would be better after another top couple of wins

Dana was the last man in the world that should have had anything to do with Fedor's negotiations. He acted like Fedor needed him. You cant talk shit like that to someone like Fedor. Even after all the stuff Dana has said, Fedor has been completely respectful everytime He has talked about Dana

I think ppl want him to stay tired. Its just an interesting and controversial topic, Fedor in the UFC, and a topic that looks like it wont soon die. Especially since fighters continually bring him up

Dana was pissed off that he couldn't sign a deal with M-1 to get Fedor in the UFC. M-1 wanted co-promotion which was unacceptable to the UFC. Yes, Dana did badmouth Fedor after the incident calling him overrated but Fedor's management blew that deal.

Back