Junior Dos Santos: "Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Is More Complete Than Alistair Overeem"

This.

I really liked JDS too. I bought into the whole "grew up poor but stayed humble and worked hard" thing he had going on.

JDS is still very good at what he does, it's just too bad for him that Reem does it better than anyone currently at HW.

Alas poor JDS, we knew him well.

I think JDS just really dislikes Reem and is being vocal about it.

lol at him being scared of him. He has absolutely no reason to be.

I think JDS just really dislikes Reem and is being vocal about it.

lol at him being scared of him. He has absolutely no reason to be.

this.

anyone who says jds is scared is a moron.

the dude is a fucking professional fighter. if he was scared i really doubt hed be doing that for a living.

I dont think Bigfoot is gonna win, but I'm not counting him out either. His striking and clinch game are both underrated(not saying on the level of Reem, but still good), he is very skilled and savvy on the ground, plus he's physically large and strong, so I doubt Reem will be able to toss him around very easily. If Bigfoot wants to win this fight, he's most definitely gonna have to absorb some punishment to do it, but it is still a winnable fight for him.

Think you will be surprised at how Overeem manhandles Bigfoot.

Compared to Reem's wins during the same time period? Thompson, Rodgers, Duffee, and an old post-diverticulitis Brock? Dont even mention the 2nd Werdum "fight". No disrespect to those guys, but JDS' wins are on another level altogether. Btw, I would consider finishing Cain, Werdum, CC, and Mir and making punching bags out of Carwin and Nelson pretty special things in the world of mma. Just my opinion.

No I am just saying Overeem would run right over them.

Overeem is every bit as well rounded as Bigfoot and just plain better.

werent you also saying that rogers was going to knock him out, werdum was going to submit him, and brock was going to pound his head through the floor?

Tooth and Nail is horrible at predicting Overeem fights and he probably hopes he will be correct some day. I am convinced that he has never really watched a complete Overeem fight in the past couple years. I think he has said in the past that Overeem has no skill but is only a puffed up LHW and would lose all fights in the UFC.

THE REEM'S arm's are thicker than bigfoot legs

019_Antonio_Silva.jpg

Why does Big Foot have a Man Bear Pig tattoo on his shoulder???

I wish there was a way for us to find out... oh wait, they're gonna fight, that should do it.

Funny to use the Texeira KO pic. It was blatantly illegal knee (rule is clinch, knee, release, no multiple knee strikes), but it was so brutal and awesome that no one gave a fuck. Well... Tex probably did but he probably couldn't voice his concern too coherently at first.

lol shut up JDS, he's talking out of his ass.

What else is he gonna say? He hates Overeem, and Silva is a training buddy.

I always say this in topics concercing JDS and Overeem, but poor Cain...

Unfortunately success in MMA isn't about being a complete fighter, it's about being able to impose your game.

JDS should know this more than anyone.

Agreed I don't think anyone would argue that Cormier is the more complete fighter.

He's right you know.

Advantages: All go to Silva.

Striking: Just knocked out a hot prospect striker in Browne, and outstruck Arlovski. Outstruck Fedor. Overeem was outstruck and looked like a fool against Werdum.

Grappling: Would have submitted Cain, if the fight would have continued. Unfortunately elbows are not illegal yet, so it is the SOTY that got away. BJJ BB. Took down Fedor and destroyed him with great ease.

Cardio: They both are lacking here, but Silva gets the edge, since eating horse meat doesn't give you cardio like a horse.

Chin: Took the hardest shots that Arlovski and Fedor had to offer and laughed at them. Overeem gets knocked out by LHWs.

Silva via submission(punches) RD 2.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back