Junior Dos Santos: "Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Is More Complete Than Alistair Overeem"

This get a 9/10 for how funny this post was.Big foot was able to hold down Fedor and get a doctor stoppage. Big foot cuts weight to make hw, and Fedor was a miniature hw. Not an excuse, but he for sure did not slap around Fedor. He got a win of Travis Browne after Browne tore his hamstring throwing that kick. His one fight recently that he's fought a decent fighter that hasn't screwed themselves is Cain and we saw what happened. If people thought Reem beat Brock decisively and quick, they better not blink for this, because it's lights out for big foot.

Lol! jakejones1996 is such a dumbass. Post saved for posterity.

Bunch of fools above typing in a thread after Overeem gets knocked out. It is easy in retrospect to discredit past posts but stupid to discredit Overeem. He just got way too cocky in this fight and will come good next time.

Some of us called this a long time ago. Maybe you don't remember how the whole past year people have been talking about how Overeem will run through Cain and JDS and anybody else the UFC has to offer. Knowledgeable fans tend to feel a little insulted having to sift through bullshit like that.

Stupid to discredit Overeem? REALLY? :icon_lol:

I see you are one of "those" Overeem fans who still thinks he is a top HW somehow... lol.

Some of us called this a long time ago. Maybe you don't remember how the whole past year people have been talking about how Overeem will run through Cain and JDS and anybody else the UFC has to offer. Knowledgeable fans tend to feel a little insulted having to sift through bullshit like that.

Stupid to discredit Overeem? REALLY? :icon_lol:

I see you are one of "those" Overeem fans who still thinks he is a top HW somehow... lol.

Lol, I am no Overeem fan and I was one of those guys who actually thought Cain would destroy him (still do of course). However, if Overeem comes in with his hands up and actually fights proper, he can beat JDS. Both have cardio issues so it is not like Overeem will gas and JDS will knock him out in the third round.

Bigfoot gonna knock Reem out cold.

are-you-wizard.jpg

Lol, I am no Overeem fan and I was one of those guys who actually thought Cain would destroy him (still do of course). However, if Overeem comes in with his hands up and actually fights proper, he can beat JDS. Both have cardio issues so it is not like Overeem will gas and JDS will knock him out in the third round.

You really don't think JDS would push the pace more than Bigfoot???

JDS went 5 rounds with Cain (albeit he was getting his ass kicked the whole time) and didn't collapse. Overeem could NOT keep that pace. Ever. Just would not happen.

JDS is known for not having the best cardio. On the other hand Overeem has TERRIBLE cardio. I really doubt that Overeem could plod around JDS slowly like he did with Bigfoot. He would be forced to pick up his pace or get KTFO.

I think Cain or JDS would both blast through Overeem, but its just my opinion! I hope this fight is still possible.

And yes, Overeem CAN beat JDS. I just think its unlikely. We ARE living in a world where Matt Serra beat GSP once upon a time.

You really don't think JDS would push the pace more than Bigfoot???

JDS went 5 rounds with Cain (albeit he was getting his ass kicked the whole time) and didn't collapse. Overeem could NOT keep that pace. Ever. Just would not happen.

JDS is known for not having the best cardio. On the other hand Overeem has TERRIBLE cardio. I really doubt that Overeem could plod around JDS slowly like he did with Bigfoot. He would be forced to pick up his pace or get KTFO.

I think Cain or JDS would both blast through Overeem, but its just my opinion! I hope this fight is still possible.

And yes, Overeem CAN beat JDS. I just think its unlikely. We ARE living in a world where Matt Serra beat GSP once upon a time.
I will give you my logical reasons as to why Overeem "SHOULD" beat JDS.

Overeem usually has good defence and actually keeps his hands up to block punches. However, against BigFoot he was extremely cocky and deserved to get knocked out. He kept his hands down the whole fight and danced around like he was Anderson Silva. You just don't keep your hands down against HWs.

JDS has poor Striking Defense. Roy Nelson tagged him, Carwin tagged him and Cain kept tagging him. He is vulnerable to getting hit since he keeps his hands down low. Luckily for JDS, he has a very good chin. However, you cannot ride on the fact that you have an excellent chin for very long. Your chin will eventually crack and JDS definitely does not want to test that chin against Overeem.

I see JDS throwing strikes on the outside against OVereem, however, Overeem will block them with his hands (assuming he actually keeps his hands up in the fight) and closes the distance. Overeem will get JDS against the cage and from there, I think it is game over. Overeem has vicious knees and I think he can really hurt JDS once he closes the distance. Also, OVereem can use his kicks from the outside if JDS tries to keep his distance. We all saw what Cain did to JDS legs in the first fight in which the whole fight happened on the outside.

The good thing about JDS vs Overeem is that it is proven from JDS's fights that if the fight goes more than 2 rounds, his power goes and of course, the threat of a knock out goes. He has slowed down a lot against every fighter once the fight hits the 3rd round. Of Course, Overeem also has a terrible gas tank. So I think we could possibly see 2 gassed bums fighting in the 3rd round.

Nonetheless, Overeem has the strength, wrestling ad BJJ advantage so he can always use that if he needs to.

If Overeem fights like he normally has over the past few years, I don't see JDS beating him. We may see JDS knocked out for the first time in his career if he actually gets cocky against Overeem.

Overeem usually has good defence and actually keeps his hands up to block punches. However, against BigFoot he was extremely cocky and deserved to get knocked out. He kept his hands down the whole fight and danced around like he was Anderson Silva. You just don't keep your hands down against HWs.

JDS has poor Striking Defense. Roy Nelson tagged him, Carwin tagged him and Cain kept tagging him. He is vulnerable to getting hit since he keeps his hands down low. Luckily for JDS, he has a very good chin. However, you cannot ride on the fact that you have an excellent chin for very long. Your chin will eventually crack and JDS definitely does not want to test that chin against Overeem.

I see JDS throwing strikes on the outside against OVereem, however, Overeem will block them with his hands (assuming he actually keeps his hands up in the fight) and closes the distance. Overeem will get JDS against the cage and from there, I think it is game over. Overeem has vicious knees and I think he can really hurt JDS once he closes the distance. Also, OVereem can use his kicks from the outside if JDS tries to keep his distance. We all saw what Cain did to JDS legs in the first fight in which the whole fight happened on the outside.

The good thing about JDS vs Overeem is that it is proven from JDS's fights that if the fight goes more than 2 rounds, his power goes and of course, the threat of a knock out goes. He has slowed down a lot against every fighter once the fight hits the 3rd round. Of Course, Overeem also has a terrible gas tank. So I think we could possibly see 2 gassed bums fighting in the 3rd round.

Nonetheless, Overeem has the strength, wrestling ad BJJ advantage so he can always use that if he needs to.

If Overeem fights like he normally has over the past few years, I don't see JDS beating him. We may see JDS knocked out for the first time in his career if he actually gets cocky against Overeem.

JDS is no cardio machine, but come on man... You REALLY can't compare Overeem's cardio to his. You didn't answer my question. You don't think JDS would force Overeem into a faster pace than he was in the Bigfoot fight? Overeem can't do fast paced. If he does he gasses. Fast.

This had nothing to do with Overeem getting KO'd.

JDS is no cardio machine, but come on man... You REALLY can't compare Overeem's cardio to his. You didn't answer my question. You don't think JDS would force Overeem into a faster pace than he was in the Bigfoot fight? Overeem can't do fast paced. If he does he gasses. Fast.

JDS could force it into a faster pace but who says JDS cardio holds up? When has JDS ever engaged in a "Fast paced" fight. The only time he engaged in one was against Cain and that is because Cain ensured JDS engaged in a fast paced fight. And we all saw the absolute mauling JDS received from a "fast paced fight".

You are right that Overeem can't do a fast paced fight, that is why Cain would destroy him as we both agree. But fast paced fights are not JDS style.

This had nothing to do with Overeem getting KO'd.

He underestimated BigFoot and Was way too cocky. Don't get me wrong, BigFoot also played a VERY smart fight in dragging OVereem into deep waters.

I am not big fan of Overeem but I just tell it as I see it.

He underestimated BigFoot and Was way too cocky. Don't get me wrong, BigFoot also played a VERY smart fight in dragging OVereem into deep waters.

I am not big fan of Overeem but I just tell it as I see it.

He got KO'd because he was tired and appeared to get rocked by a clash of heads or a really short punch when he clinched with Bigfoot at the beginning of the 3rd. From there, he did as he often has and panicked, lost his form and proceeded to get starched. His problems don't really relate to his skillset at this point. His cardio and ability take a shot and maintain composure isn't good at all for this level of MMA.

Back