Junior Dos Santos: "Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Is More Complete Than Alistair Overeem"

I don't think Bigfoot can take his strikes at all, and he is very easy to hit. Look what Cormier did to him standing.

I also believe the reason Werdum constantly flopped to the ground is that he knew he would get lit up if he actually spent any time trading with Overeem. He is more than capable of winning if he secured a takedown though.

For the first part: That's why I think it will either be Overeem by KO/TKO in the first or Bigfoot in the third. It just depends on if Bigfoot can withstand a barrage or 2.

For the second: Werdum was so successful with his striking in their first fight because of the threat of the takedown. He should have capitalized on that more. He should have still tried for takedowns but just not nearly as much as he did. Once Overeem realized that Werdum would try to pull guard every single second he no longer had to worry about his striking. Werdum became one dimensional because of it. If he could keep Overeem guessing by actually standing with him for longer before trying for a takedown/pulling guard/goading him he might have had more success with his attempts at getting the fight to the ground.

Who knows though, it didn't happen that way so it's all conjecture.

I would love to see it. Either Overeem wins it in the 1st round or Bigfoot TKOs him in the 3rd IMO. We have not seen Overeem hold up against those that can take his strikes. Shoot, I think that Werdum beats him if he doesn't butt scoot all damned day.

bigfoot who got pieced up by werdum?

further, how do you figure bigfoot can take his shots? bigfoot gets hit a lot and doesnt exactly react well.

Am I the only one that wishes he would shut up?

Could you imagine if Bigfoot lands a donkey kong punch on Overeem?

tumblr_mbgjmcKtkN1rrwwgco1_500.gif

imo, bigfoot needs to take alistair down and work him. he cant stand and trade with alistair.

top position is bigfoots best chance of winning.

bigfoot who got pieced up by werdum?

further, how do you figure bigfoot can take his shots? bigfoot gets hit a lot and doesnt exactly react well.

Re-read my post lol. If Bigfoot can't take the shots he will get KOed/TKOed in the first. If he can, Bigfoot will win by TKO in the 3rd.

jds is scared as fuck.

This.

I really liked JDS too. I bought into the whole "grew up poor but stayed humble and worked hard" thing he had going on.

JDS is still very good at what he does, it's just too bad for him that Reem does it better than anyone currently at HW.

Alas poor JDS, we knew him well.

Could you imagine if Bigfoot lands a donkey kong punch on Overeem?

tumblr_mbgjmcKtkN1rrwwgco1_500.gif

wouldnt end well for alistair.

then again, alistair landing these wouldnt end well for bigfoot, and alistair is pretty good at landing these.
bf1.gif

10001970.gif

man i forgot how badly cormier knocked him out. that shit was brutal.

no, he isnt.

overeem has better striking, better submissions, better wrestling.

cardio, they both are lacking in.

Better subs? Overeem's regional qualifier performance over a bunch of D level guys doesn't match Bigfoots BB in BJJ. Submissions is about the only thing BF does better.

They're just different. Where Bigfoot excells, Reem is a little deficiant and visa versa. Interesting matchup. Reem will want to keep to the outside and try and pick him apart whereas Bigfoot would try to close and press him against the cage, probably try and pull him to the ground.

Alistair Overrated and Big Foot Silva is an interesting fight, Reem thinks he's bad-ass because of his big muscles and decisive victories over Brock Lesnar and Todd Duffee... whereas Silva just got whooped by Cain, yet slapped Fedor around not too long ago.... I gotta go with a motivated Big Foot on this one, time to derail the Overeem hype train.

wouldn't expect this shit from someone from ontario

Better subs? Overeem's regional qualifier performance over a bunch of D level guys doesn't match Bigfoots BB in BJJ. Submissions is about the only thing BF does better.

let me know when bigfoot submits someone who you ever heard of in mma.

thanks.

Silva will be less "complete" after he is dismantled by Alistair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back