Judge refuses to dismiss rape charges against teacher

Oh please, bring back more of your enlightened insight. You're clearly an expert.

Let's be honest here.

A woman having sex with a younger guy is less damaging because 1. a teenage guy going for an adult woman does have him likely being more receptive, aggressive, and mature for the sex 2. the man is probably the penetrating actor.

Right?

Nothing would have changed in your life.

Not true; it would have given me Grade A fap-material to work with. Remember this was BI: Before the Internet.:icon_chee

Case should have been dismissed. Kid is 16 year old male, not a 12 year old.

Hey... We're supposed to pretend that teenagers don't think that way (especially the female ones). They are all victims, raped against their will (even if they were consciously hot, bothered and agreeable) and doomed to future trauma and dysfunction thanks to the selfish actions of their older abusers.

We do that to protect the ones who actually aren't hot, bothered and agreeable but instead groomed and abused, idiot. Go save your rant for NAMBLA.

We do that to protect the ones who actually aren't hot, bothered and agreeable but instead groomed and abused, idiot. Go save your rant for NAMBLA.

Excellent point.

Also, the issue that most who argue against this seem to miss COMPLETELY is the position of authority held by the teacher.

victimless crime imo. Kind of like punching someone in the dark.

There's no reason for the double-standard. Women at 16 enjoy sex too and many of them enjoy older men, they are clearly not the 'victim' either. Also for those saying 'where were those teachers in highschool' I have to ask... weren't there hot 16 year olds at your highschool?

16 year old chicks > 30 something mentally deranged married women cheating on their husbands.

Let's be honest here.

A woman having sex with a younger guy is less damaging because 1. a teenage guy going for an adult woman does have him likely being more receptive, aggressive, and mature for the sex 2. the man is probably the penetrating actor.

Right?

Talk about penis envy. Wow.

There's no reason for the double-standard. Women at 16 enjoy sex too and many of them enjoy older men, they are clearly not the 'victim' either. Also for those saying 'where were those teachers in highschool' I have to ask... weren't there hot 16 year olds at your highschool?

16 year old chicks > 30 something mentally deranged married women cheating on their husbands.

There are bros in every one of these threads making light of things that if a male teacher did them they'd be pilloried. You can't have it both ways, either it's wrong or it's not. If girls can't make decisions about what they want at that age, why can boys? Because they get boners, according to some.

Yeah, the judge has done good here.

Excellent point.

Also, the issue that most who argue against this seem to miss COMPLETELY is the position of authority held by the teacher.
This.

And this. I have no doubt that in some of these cases the "victim" was a willing participant with little harm done but I'm not sure gender has a huge role in that. Age is probably more important and the reasons the child was targeted are probably also important. The link for the gym teacher posted ITT said she messaged one of her targets asking if he was a virgin. That sounds really rapey to me, like she was intentionally trying to prey on sexually inexperienced boys. The fact that another one of her victims spoke out just hours after the first did tells me that gym teacher is probably a predator.
Yeah, the judge has done good here.
Kind of hard not to in this case, its an awful defense.

Wow you american males are truely pathetic, whatever happened to logical and objective thought?

Obviously we should abolish minor laws, since the fact that girls mature much faster than boys have been integrated in our society. A 13 year old girl and a 45 year old man is perfectly reasonable.

Sure... Let's equate post-pubescent 16 year olds with pre-pubescent 6 year olds. That's an honest way to try and make a point. Calling this woman a "pedophile" diminishes the moral evil of pedophilia and is an insult to the children who have been its victims.

The moral problem I have with this situation has nothing to do with the age of the male and female. It has to do with the fact that the female was a teacher and the male was a student. That is a violation of professional ethics. But had the woman been, for example, the kid's aunt's friend, I would have no issue with the sexual relationship whatsoever.

Sure... Let's equate post-pubescent 16 year olds with pre-pubescent 6 year olds. That's an honest way to try and make a point. Calling this woman a "pedophile" diminishes the moral evil of pedophilia and is an insult to the children who have been its victims.

The moral problem I have with this situation has nothing to do with the age of the male and female. It has to do with the fact that the female was a teacher and the male was a student. That is a violation of professional ethics. But had the woman been, for example, the kid's aunt's friend, I would have no issue with the sexual relationship whatsoever.

If your issue is that the age of consent should be lowered to 16, just say it. I would disagree, but it's an honest debate. But don't make general catch all "a lot of kids just want it" statement then get defensive when people call you out on it.

Calling this woman a "pedophile" diminishes the moral evil of pedophilia and is an insult to the children who have been its victims.

Exactly. You can't put her in the same bucket as, say, a child molesting priest because in her case her "victim" was a 16 yr old boy who happily went back for 2nds...and 3rds...and 4ths. Thought this was pretty obvious but some people either don't get it or pretend not to in order to be some bizarre form of politically correct.

Back