Jose Aldo testing debacle detailed pt 1

Lol at an off‐duty Brazilian federal police officer being there training, then confiscating passport and claiming the guy had an incorrect work visa. Sure, all police officer just break their training session, go check out a guy doing his job on a consenting fighter, have immediate knowledge on all the types of forms one must have in order to perform urine sample collecting and handling and threaten to arrest and deport the guy doing his job.

no comment on the other threats, various names and figures being deployed and Aldo spilling his sample. Highly orchestrated.

Brasil's gonna Brasil.

Ed zachery

So basically aldo is on the sauce.

Not shocking. If you don't think that the vast majority of professional mixed martial arts fighters that you have seen in any big-name organization (And also probably most that you never have heard of and never will) have taken steroids at some point in their career you are fucking crazy, or maybe stupid, or possibly both and maybe even actually retarded.

After December 12, Jose will no longer be champ and none of this will matter anyways. :icon_twis

Are you going to pretend the federal officer who trains at Aldo's gym as an MMA fighter doesn't have a conflict of interest in this scenario?Notice it wasn't the outside police called in. It was a training buddy who happens to be a federal police officer who detained the guy and made sure the samples from day 1 lost chain of custody and had to be tossed out.

Go ahead. Pretend you're too obtuse to see how shady that looks while I enjoy that slick Conor AV you're sporting.

Soooo much, THIS!

When the story first broke, we were told by MMA media that Aldo's camp called the cops to verify the dude's documents, which were then deemed incorrect for his purpose of visit.

When in fact, what happened was, they walked 20metres to the mats and pulled an off-duty fed who WAS A MEMBER OF THE GYM, to do that act. That is so fucking weird. The conflict of interest there is ridiculous. Even if this cop was on-duty and they called him in, it'd stink to high heaven seen as though he's a MEMBER OF THE FUCKING GYM. The fact they didn't even call 911 or whatever the number is in Brazil, and just pulled this team member off the mats, is even worse.

Soooo much, THIS!

When the story first broke, we were told by MMA media that Aldo's camp called the cops to verify the dude's documents, which were then deemed incorrect for his purpose of visit.

When in fact, what happened was, they walked 20metres to the mats and pulled an off-duty fed who WAS A MEMBER OF THE GYM, to do that act. That is so fucking weird. The conflict of interest there is ridiculous. Even if this cop was on-duty and they called him in, it'd stink to high heaven seen as though he's a MEMBER OF THE FUCKING GYM. The fact they didn't even call 911 or whatever the number is in Brazil, and just pulled this team member off the mats, is even worse.

And their ability to nitpick subtle details in his visa that were missed by the normal Brazilian regulators is fishy. Why even bother at that point? Just let the man test the pee at hand and be done with it.

Soooo much, THIS!

No one was told that by NU. People jumped to the conclusion as it seemed a logical one considering a policeman got involved. So now it becomes apparent that the police were not called but got involved himself. Either way people will read into it what they want to. But a policeman training with the camp (as many do as some BOPE train there too time to time) hears about the stuff going on downstairs, takes it upon himself to question the guys credentials (as he has already made himself suspicious by saying he worked for NSAC rather then drug agency) etc etc - I can see how it would spiral is all I am saying

Last edited:
This july account won't last that much.

Wow, you really hurt my feelings. Can't wait till I am a silver belt on an internet forum just like you, I will feel like somebody then.

Almost 11, 700 posts - you got a lot of time on your hands bro

No one was told that by NU. People jumped to the conclusion as it seemed a logical one considering a policeman got involved. So know it becomes apparent that the police were not called but got involved themselves. Either way people will read into it what they want to.

Exactly, their story changed.

How is this "part 1" when there were already a bunch of threads about this? But yea, of course it's shady. Through a series of events, Aldo got 48 hours from when his "random" test was originally supposed to be administered, then all of a sudden he didn't have the hand-eye co-ordination to hand a guy the cup of puss without spilling it. So he gets to chug more water and hand in the most watery sample possible lmao. Thats huge for a piss yest. Mma is just behind other sports when it comes to this stuff, in cycling and Olympic events there used to be "misunderstandings" of this nature all the time. But under the new rules, shenanigans like this won't fly, specifically the whole being MIA for 24 hours like that. Lmao at Dede not being able to get in touch with him the first day.

And their ability to nitpick subtle details in his visa that were missed by the normal Brazilian regulators is fishy. Why even bother at that point? Just let the man test the pee at hand and be done with it.

Keeping in mind that they knew the day before that the tester was coming, it seems very convenient that an off duty officer was there training that day.

Keeping in mind that they knew the day before that the tester was coming, it seems very convenient that an off duty officer was there training that day.

Errr. Read again. The cop was involved with the surprise test. The first one. The one with no notification.

Errr. Read again. The cop was involved with the surprise test. The first one. The one with no notification.

If i read it correctly, Aldo and his coach was aware that the testing will take place on June 11, so it ll be easy to set something up with the training cop.

No. It wasn't a surprise, because 24 hours had passed since the collector had contacted Jose's manager. There was plenty of notification. In fact, this one day delay alone makes this entire situation look bad.

No one here knows whether Aldo was using PEDs and so orchestrated events around the test to give himself time or whether it was all coincidence and misunderstanding. But don't defend him so strongly that you lose sight of the facts.

Aldo didn't take the test at the time the collector contacted him. At the rescheduled test, a person training in Aldo's gym disrupted the test over a technicality it is unlikely a random policeman would be aware of.

It looks bad, but even if it is all completely innocent, there is not way this test can be considered a true random test.

No. It wasn't a surprise, because 24 hours had passed since the collector had contacted Jose's manager. There was plenty of notification. In fact, this one day delay alone makes this entire situation look bad.

No one here knows whether Aldo was using PEDs and so orchestrated events around the test to give himself time or whether it was all coincidence and misunderstanding. But don't defend him so strongly that you lose sight of the facts.

Aldo didn't take the test at the time the collector contacted him. At the rescheduled test, a person training in Aldo's gym disrupted the test over a technicality it is unlikely a random policeman would be aware of.

It looks bad, but even if it is all completely innocent, there is not way this test can be considered a true random test.

Hmmm. I see. You are right! I just read that section. But again this is ridiculous. That entire section reaffirms that Ben Mousier is an imbecile. If you want to do a random test why call the manager? Whose damn fault is that? What if the manger genuinely cant get hold of his fighter? This IDIOT knows were Upper Brazil Sports is - so do I. That is were they train. Wait outside in a car and when he arrives immediately SURPRISE him. People blaming NU for the test not being random or pre-warning Aldo is ridiculous. There is one glaring incompetent in all of this and its Ben Mosier who still does not even know how to spell "Pederneiras"

If i read it correctly, Aldo and his coach was aware that the testing will take place on June 11, so it ll be easy to set something up with the training cop.

Yeah my bad. And apologies to 808 Boom. I have read this shit so many times i just assumed I knew it all with a quick scan. But see my reply above as to who I think is to blame (if interested)

What a crock of shit this has turned out to be.

Firstly for those who are quoting Pederneiras saying that he would pay for McGregor and Aldo to be tested 3 days a week out of his own pocket, this is call lip service.

Even if he genuinely meant what he was saying the result would be Andre paying for the Brazilian commission and their cronies to carry out the testing and we all know that CABMMA and the senior members of that organization have in the past been complicit in dubious post fight TRT levels (Bigfoot) and if you needed further evidence that the Brazilian commission are happy to cover for fighters who are juicing then why not take a look at how stringently they tested Vitor when the whole world knew what he was up to.

I understand Brazilians passionately defending their fighters and fellow countrymen but there is a point where blindly sticking by a fighter who has pulled out of a completely disproportionate amount of fights not scheduled to take place on Brazilian soil and has failed to comply with "random" testing in the most farcical of circumstances that it must be apparent that there is something untoward going on at the camp.

PED use is rampant, nationality should not be called into question when leveling accusations at a fighter but the fact is that CABMMA has demonstrated they will protect their own fighters even when it flies in the face of protocol and the rules designed to create a level playing field.
Brazilians can have no complaints when they come in for criticism from fans stating that there is a PED problem in Brazilian MMA because the very institution in charge on testing are clearly corrupt and allowing select fighters to bend the rules as they please.

As someone previously stated, in no other sport could an athlete be asked to supply a random drug test and refuse without consequences.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...etent-testers-according-to-Alex-Ferguson.html

Regarding the presence of the off duty police man in the gym, he should be prosecuted and fined for interfering with a process that had absolutely nothing to do with him.
In my opinion it stinks of a pre-orchestrated plan to run interference in the event that a tester shows up.
People defending Aldo would have you believe that this police man fresh out of a training session approached a random tester and within minutes ascertained that he did not have the proper paper work to do his job. Firstly, isn't it convenient that the officer in question was already familiar enough with the legal documents and process required by a NSAC representative that he could in a split second decide that the tester should be apprehended and the test destroyed due to the "invalid" (100% VALID) paperwork he had with him.

Also, the fact the Pederneiras received a phone call, knew of and agreed to the test, knew when it would take place and only decided to call CABMMA when he arrived at the gym should also raise eyebrows.

You literally could not make up a more convoluted series of events.
I was a fan of Aldo but it's hard to see him as anything other than a fragile little cheater these days.
We now know that the accusation that he did not have the correct paperwork was bullshit and that is the crux of the whole issue.
The test would have been completed as was scheduled had it not been for a biased party wrongfully apprehending the tester and wrongfully claiming he was not authorized to take a sample.

Last edited:

"Well hello there my name is Officer Alves and I just happen to be here training because I train UFC bro and you know I'm looking at your visa, That you used to get into this country without any problems but as a UFC trained police officer I know all about visas and I just happened to notice that you don't have the appropriate paperwork for somebody was here to do a Pee test so I have to detain you now."

A likely story. Stuff like this happens all the time, nothing to see here....

The off duty cop confiscating the passport is hilarious. He most definitely did it at the instruction of Aldo's camp as even an ON duty cop wouldn't be sticking his nose in such matters without request. As usual, so strong is the Conor hate that there isn't anything slightly fishy at all about this whole episode to his haters.

Back