Jordan Burroughs Offers to Train Conor

Yes his cardio is also suspect. This isn't a contest with Conor over who's is worse, they're both just not good.
Khabib’s isn’t that bad. He has gone 3 hard rounds multiple times and even though he slowed down he was keeping a decent pace vs Al for 5 rounds. His wrestling suffered but in no way did he gas. Conor gassed in both Diaz fights in around 8 minutes but got a second wind but ended up having to go full Condit to make it 5 rounds.

This coming from somebody who isn’t a fan of Khabib.

Khabib’s isn’t that bad. He has gone 3 hard rounds multiple times and even though he slowed down he was keeping a decent pace vs Al for 5 rounds. His wrestling suffered but in no way did he gas. Conor gassed in both Diaz fights in around 8 minutes but got a second wind but ended up having to go full Condit to make it 5 rounds.

This coming from somebody who isn’t a fan of Khabib.

Yes his is slightly better but we've seen him slow down before and I imagine it's the weight cut. My only point was I understand why they thought that was a good strategy vs Khabib but Conor is not really the guy to implement that gameplan.

Doubt McGregor has heard of him. I wouldn't have if I didn't read Sherdog.

These two huge (but not unwarranted) egos will never fit in the same room together.

Would have meant much more if Burroughs was actually undefeated against Russian wrestlers, lmao.

Burroughs would wipe the floor with Khabib in a wrestling match.

But going back to the post itself. Burroughs sure won't hurt Conor. Conor will never be in the same ballpark as Khabib in wrestling but its good thing this is MMA. Even if he can become 25% better at his takedown defense all around would make huge difference in any fight against high level wrestlers in the MMA cage.

Kavanagh doesn't believe in bringing outside talent in to train. Plus Conor has Dillon Danis to train with, what more does he need?!

I can appreciate loyalty...but mma is a one person team..there's only 1 guy fighting..risking his health...he should be bringing many top college wrestlers to prepare...sticking with some bjj guy is crazy...If I had his money, and i was training for a wrestler like khabib...id bring in the best wrestlers around...bring in at least 3 of them...and have them constantly go for takedowns...and do wrestling non stop for months....but also keep the striking sharp...cause that is what will win him the fight.

What's a good video to intro those unfamiliar with Jordan Burroughs' ability? I just saw an article saying he'll consider MMA maybe after the 2020 Olympics.

Conor could spend the next 10 years practicing wrestling, he'll still never be in the same realm as Khabib when it comes to grappling.

wrestling is no grappling.
Conor is a good grappler.

Conor just got ragdolled around for 2 rounds and was coming off a long layoff. The point is it's not like it was 4 rounds of total destruction, Conor edged out the 3rd round. If he actually went out there and went for broke, it would be interesting. Not saying he would win but he should definitely have a warm up fight prior to Khabib again, and cut out the whiskey shit fight week.

Conor committed over 10 fouls in that fight some of which may have allowed Conor to last that long like the illegal knee on the ground while Khabib was putting him in a Kimura.

Conor could spend the next 10 years practicing wrestling, he'll still never be in the same realm as Khabib when it comes to grappling.
He doesn't need to be. He just needs to improve his sprawl. He did surprisingly well against Khabib in that department in their first fight.

It would take Conor ten years with Burroughs for Khabib let him sniff his jockstrap

Kavanagh doesn't believe in bringing outside talent in to train. Plus Conor has Dillon Danis to train with, what more does he need?!
With this legendary training, he doesn't need anything. Burroughs doesn't even know any of these techniques below.
2gdrwfZ.gif

AcceptableAnotherAstarte.gif

He doesn't need to be. He just needs to improve his sprawl. He did surprisingly well against Khabib in that department in their first fight.
lol his sprawl.

High level chain wrestlers from Dagestan find those amusing coming from late in life Irish mma strikers gone sprawlers.

They laugh at them at lunch hour.

Last edited:
+

He did well in Round 3. Just needs to work on his stamina and offensive BJJ

Khabib wanted to stand with him, that's why it went that way. Hence why he took him down so easily and finished in round 4.

Just because Burroughs is a great wrestler doesn't necessarily mean he's a great teacher/coach. Conor should come to the States, hit up Cael Sanderson, and go practice with Penn States wrestling team while he's retired.

why would he train with Buroughs when he already has the better version of Khabib in his camp, Dillon Danis?

Danis is Maia with worse bjj and also worse standup. His only advantage is youth - he has time to work on the standup but holy shit it looked bad.

For the Khabib rematch.

Conor needs it. Will he do it...?

That would be a win win
Conor gets a stellar training partner and Jordon gets a great intro to mma with a person with influence

Back