Jordan Burroughs Offers to Train Conor

Conor needs to sort his cardio issue, there were openings in the third round he simply couldn't exploit due to poor cardio.

Exactly. He needs the cardio to fight for points and learn how to get up off his back.

He’s not stopping the takedown, he needs to learn to get back up and have the cardio to go five hard rounds like Al did.

What does that have anything to do with round 3, where you falsely claimed Khabib was just feinting on his TDs?

Don't double down when you're wrong.

I'm not wrong, he caught him with that overhand right because of the threat of the takedown. I truly believe Khabib trains to go 10 min blocks with round 3 as his easy round. Watch his last few fights and tell me i'm wrong

Nothing Conor will do will bridge the grappling gap. Khabib has been grappling since a very early age and is physically stronger than Conor.

Remember Conor could made FW, Khabib missed weight, pulled out due to a weight cut, and apparently had a seizure to make weight for Conor. Just because Khabib doesn't look jacked doesn't mean he isn't dense as fuck and heavy for LW. There is a reason he out muscles everybody at LW.

If they do fight again Conor should just go for broke, ala Diaz 1. He has to just drain the tank and hope something connects. His game plan to weather the storm for 3 rounds was the worst title fight gameplan I've ever heard of.

I still don't believe that Khabib's striking is as good as people think. One quick overhand off a TD feint doesn't change that. That's Conor's only chance to victory, and it's slim. The multi year layoffs and drinking fight week sure ain't fucking helping either.
He doesn't need to bridge the gap, he needs to be able to keep it standing a few mins longer throughout the fight by stuffing more TDs and also getting of his back if taken down. No one is saying Conor will out grapple Khabib but he can improve his TDD from the last fight which will make the overall fight way more competitive

+

He did well in Round 3. Just needs to work on his stamina and offensive BJJ

Why do people keep saying Conor did well in round 3? It was a smoke break for Khabib. He did nothing but gas up for the fourth and Conor still couldn’t mount any significant offense. Props for not quitting (yet) but that was hardly what most would consider a “good round.” I guess in comparison to the other 3 maybe lol

Back