Jordan Burroughs Offers to Train Conor

He did well in Round 3?

What did he do? Not get finished?

Khabib stood with Conor the entire third round. Played to Conor's strength. Conor did nothing.
Agreed.

conor fans try to turn chicken shit in to chicken salad - sugar coat everything he does . . . even when he does nothing.

That would require Conor getting his shit packed in during practice. I don't imagine he is too fond of that idea. If he did bring in Burroughs it would probably be just to spar so he can release some footage of it and talk about how a gold medalist can't take him down.

Did he? I feel like he feinted a lot of TDs and just stood with Conor that round as he knew he has gassed out Conor enough that he was in no danger.

Maybe you should rewatch it

Total feint bro.

giphy.gif

He went for 3 of his 7 total fight takedowns that round.

Conor could spend the next 10 years practicing wrestling, he'll still never be in the same realm as Khabib when it comes to grappling.
He doesn't need to be "in the same realm as Khabib when it comes to grappling." He just needs the cost versus benefit scale to tilt a little more to his favor.

I was actually disappointed with Khabib's performance against Conor McGregor. I thought Khabib was going to be able to smash Conor the same way he smashed Edson Barboza and Michael Johnson. Khabib didn't.

I think Conor was stronger than Khabib thought, and Khabib really had to control him first, and not start smashing right away and lose position.

The problem with Conor will always be his cardiopulmonary endurance, and it will not catch-up without the help of science and technology.

If Conor fights hard for 2 rounds, he will be exhausted and be food for the Russian Eagle (if he doesn't KO him). If he "manages his energy" then Khabib will most probably win because MMA scoring favors grapplers. One take down counts more than a thousand jabs and leg kicks.

Conclusion, cardiopulmonary endurance is Conor's biggest obstacle against Khabib. If Conor had a gas tank, I am not sure that Khabib would have won the fight. Maybe, Khabib didn't have to kick into extra gear because Conor wasn't worth it, and that is why Khabib looked flat.

All conor has to do is is improve his wrestling according to you nutt huggers? lol

You do realise Khabib can also improve his striking? Considering he isn't out acting the cunt and getting drunk, then i find it more likely he comes back the more improved fighter.

I think Khabib's level of striking is much better than Conor's level of grappling.

I also think Khabib's level of grappling out weighs Conor's level of striking.

Conor has about 7 minutes at most to get the job done and I think if he comes out wild? He gets beat even easier and much quicker.

The only reason he didn't get completely destroyed last time, is because he was so defensive and fearful of Khabib's grappling.

+

He did well in Round 3. Just needs to work on his stamina and offensive BJJ
This is one of the biggest myths in MMA, if by well you mean didn't get ram rodded that round sure he did well other than that it was a pretty close rd with not a lot happening. Conor fans will cling to anything

Total feint bro.

giphy.gif

He went for 3 of his 7 total fight takedowns that round.

Have a look at his td feint / overhand right combo. Watch how Conor shuffles his hips back and sqaures up to defend the TD and catches the punch clean. A thing of beauty

This "train with super high level guy X" and become an expert has never worked. King Mo, already a high level wrestler, trained with Mayweather's gym for boxing, K-1 kickboxers and very high-level BJJ guys...and he never got near the level of Jones or Cormier like some predicted. You're better off sticking with a good, well-rounded gym like both Cormier and Jones did. Guys who constantly switch camps and fly around training with "experts" never do as well.

That said, Conor should take up his offer, but beating Khabib will take a whole new level of focus (if it's even possible)...not just a few sessions with an Olympian.

Conor could spend the next 10 years practicing wrestling, he'll still never be in the same realm as Khabib when it comes to grappling.

You could spend the next 10 years trying to better yourself and you will still be a flat slob hating on another man over the internet.

You could spend the next 10 years trying to better yourself and you will still be a flat slob hating on another man over the internet.
damn, someone's having a bad day <Lmaoo>

Have a look at his td feint / overhand right combo. Watch how Conor shuffles his hips back and sqaures up to defend the TD and catches the punch clean. A thing of beauty

What does that have anything to do with round 3, where you falsely claimed Khabib was just feinting on his TDs?

Don't double down when you're wrong.

Conors main problem is in fact his cardio and heart.things he doesn't seem to have been able to improve even one millimeter.
His takedown defence wasnt the worse against khabib, the problem is even if he Stuffs A few, eventually he will begin to gass and give up.

He did well in Round 3?

What did he do? Not get finished?

Khabib stood with Conor the entire third round. Played to Conor's strength. Conor did nothing.
I hate you for making me defend Conor, but Khabib stood with Conor in round 3, because we all know Conor gasses. Now if Khabib fought Conor on the feet in round one you would have a point.

Khabib was 3/7 on takedowns
Not sure he'll even be able to get one takedown against rematch McGregor

The further from the fight we get the more delusional conor fans get.

Nothing Conor will do will bridge the grappling gap. Khabib has been grappling since a very early age and is physically stronger than Conor.

Remember Conor could made FW, Khabib missed weight, pulled out due to a weight cut, and apparently had a seizure to make weight for Conor. Just because Khabib doesn't look jacked doesn't mean he isn't dense as fuck and heavy for LW. There is a reason he out muscles everybody at LW.

If they do fight again Conor should just go for broke, ala Diaz 1. He has to just drain the tank and hope something connects. His game plan to weather the storm for 3 rounds was the worst title fight gameplan I've ever heard of.

I still don't believe that Khabib's striking is as good as people think. One quick overhand off a TD feint doesn't change that. That's Conor's only chance to victory, and it's slim. The multi year layoffs and drinking fight week sure ain't fucking helping either.

Khabib also has suspect cardio so I guess they thought that was a good plan but you need to have Diaz like cardio to implement that plan.

Khabib also has suspect cardio so I guess they thought that was a good plan but you need to have Diaz like cardio to implement that plan.
Yea suspect cardio vs a guy known for 2 round cardio.

Yea suspect cardio vs a guy known for 2 round cardio.

Yes his cardio is also suspect. This isn't a contest with Conor over who's is worse, they're both just not good.

Back