Jones vs Smith in March - blessings in disguise

I don't agree with your criterion for assessing competitiveness. If we take it to its logical consequences, it implies that there is no such thing as a competitive round. I, on the other hand, think there is; I can conceive a scenario where a fighter loses every round narrowly and I am perfectly happy to call that a competitive fight. Going back to the Cormier-Jones fight, I would say all the rounds before the eye poke were competitive. I don't know if your claim that he won one round is your own assessment or if you're just reporting the judges'. If it's the latter, please note that said judges agreed Cormier won a round but didn't agree on which it was. That tells you something.
Agreed. Aldo Mendes 2 and Aldo Edgar 1 where both what I would consider competitive fight but both with a clear 4-1, 49-46 winner.

Both fights should actually be used as training tools for judges because they are 2 rare examples of the judges using the criteria to the letter for the most part with 5 of the 6 coming to the correct conclusion. (1 judge managed to fuck it up by somehow giving Frankie RD5 for a 48-47.)

Smith in March... hoping he gets a taste of Johnny Walker late 2019. After that and maybe Santos 205 is completely dead...
If Santos can keep a fight standing hes dangerous for anyone.
Problem is Jones would take him down and Ground n pound him into oblivion

Johnny Walker is getting KO d next month. Take it to the bank. He's chinny and Ledet can box.

Like I said earlier. Jones never faces a young guy, equal or taller than him who moves fluidly, and has real KO power. Johnny Walker is literally his worst nightmare. Also Johnny is so silly in the cage, none of Jones trash talk would work. Kids insane lol

I’ll drink to that.

Again, beat him twice and failed drug tests after each fight? You don’t find that as a funny coincidence? Probably not because you’re a dick rider who refuses to see the facts. He won the 2015 fight but USADA didn’t start testing in the UFC until July of that year. Then, he was pulled from the UFC 200 fight because of PED traces and then again had his fight overturned at 214 because of ANOTHER failed drug test. You really wanna tell me that he “beat” DC fairly?

The guy legit has admitted to doing things before fights that can affect his performance because if he were to lose he’d be able to fall back on that as a safety net. Same thing with PEDs, you think it’s just a coincidence that the only time Jones has tested positive have been during his fights with DC? It’s the only guy in the division that can present a real challenge and Jones ego couldn’t bare to take a loss from Cormier on his record.

The guy is a complete joke of an athlete, an amazing fighter regardless, but until he beats DC without controversy and months of clean testing, he can keep on bullshitting people. I promise you Jones doesn’t touch HW until after DC retires.

He beat him twice so he doesn't need to prove anything. You have no evidence he cheated the first time but I still prefer Jon Jones to do a trilogy with DC at heavyweight. It's the only way for Jon Jones to shut up DC and become a two-time division champion.

Jon Jones does plan to move up HW so we'll see.

Smith could definitely win, he is reckless and strong and violent. He could catch Jones, maybe even get an early takedown somehow and pound him out. Anything can happen. If Jones fights smart as usual, using his reach advantage, and keeping to the outside, he should get the W. Also, I hope Smith has been working on his cardio, he gassed hard against Volkan.
Takedown isnt going to happen. I think Smith is too slow for Jones and has no cardio. Will look like a amateur against Jones.

Here is my prediction for Jon Jones this year since he said he will fight three times this year.

He beats Anthony Smith.

He fights the winner of Jan Blachowicz and Thiago Santos in June and wins.

He fights the winner of Dominick Reyes and Volkan Oezdemir in October and wins.

I think JJ wants to wipe out his division clean before he moves up to HW.

Once he becomes the two-division champ. He'll go back down and defend his belt against Johnny Walker and win.
Jones will run through everybody at LHW until he faces Johnny Walker and gets violently KOed.. and then again in the rematch. He will not know what hit him.
Then he is going to start doing a lot of cocaine and party just to try to forget he was always #2 and was just holding the belt for the real GOAT.

He will never move up to HW.

What?? You have something to say??

Johnny-Walker.png

Jones* is his own worst enemy. If he is able to fight even twice in 2019 without screwing up again, it will be a big accomplishment for him.

Yes He came and Knocked the Fuck out of a dude who one punch TKO'd A kickboxing legend. Gtfo

Like i said he beat a bum at the bottom of the UFC roster.

And go fuck yourself?

Last edited:
I think Jones will dominate, but you never know. Didn't think I would see Rousey lose, didn't think I would see Cyborg lose, didn't think I would see Fedor lose, didn't think I would see Tyson lose. EVERYBODY loses eventually. Still picking Jones though.

Except money may

Smith could definitely win, he is reckless and strong and violent. He could catch Jones, maybe even get an early takedown somehow and pound him out. Anything can happen. If Jones fights smart as usual, using his reach advantage, and keeping to the outside, he should get the W. Also, I hope Smith has been working on his cardio, he gassed hard against Volkan.

He’s also got nothing to lose. A guy with nothing to lose playing with house money is as dangerous as it gets

He’s also got nothing to lose. A guy with nothing to lose playing with house money is as dangerous as it gets

It could also make him fight very conservatively, the myth that fighters with nothing to lose fight wild is pretty much a myth.

It could also make him fight very conservatively, the myth that fighters with nothing to lose fight wild is pretty much a myth.

Im just talking mentlally, he may not feel as much pressure As someone like Dc which in turn may have him a little more loose out there. Will be interesting though

Im just talking mentlally, he may not feel as much pressure As someone like Dc. Being loose isn’t the same thing as fighting wild. Will be interesting though

I'm looking forward to it as well but i just see Smith being very tentative. Its probably the only title shot he's ever going to get and he is facing the best fighter in the world. If he's not at least a little scared then he's crazy

I remember some guy saying this but he was banned. It's a shame he was a great poster. I think his name was @ConnorMcgregod
I've seen it a few times, I definitely didn't make it up. I think the first time Jon was banned, he said that he saw a vision in the sky that told him everything was going to be alright, so I associate it with Jon Jones. I could also see him actually saying it too.

Smith won't get close to Jones. Leg kicks. He will gas in the second. It'll be boring just like the second Gus fight.
Then we will continue to wonder if Jones is still on PEDs.

Back