• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jones: "It's Okay. Derek can have the fight"

They should move on from Jones, he hates a challenge. Likes his position more on top of the mountain, p4p top spot without actually fighting. Creates these plans around it so he can assume the twitter position and keep commentating. He's basically retired, hasn't won a clear fight in 2 years, but moron pundits still rank him above active champions.

The UFC isn't in some desperate state where they don't have anyone to fight Francis. Lewis, Gane, Volkov are all waiting in line.

Jones isn’t gonna let the UFC low ball this fight ......Huge fight and he deserves a pay increase .......As long as he doesn’t get carried away

The UFC isn't in some desperate state where they don't have anyone to fight Francis. Lewis, Gane, Volkov are all waiting in line.
None of those fights are close to the jones fight in terms of Ppv ......Jones has a lot of haters and they rightfully see this as their chance to see him knocked out .....fight will be huge

Jon Jones really don't know how to get news fans...you're supposed to negociate the money behind the closet, not tweeting it after a call out.
Jones is the bad guy .....the ship of him gaining new fans sailed along time ago

I get that Jones wants more money.

But the fact that he's making it the main talking point as soon as Ngannou won in devastating fashion just makes him look bad.

As soon as Ngannou won first thing he said was, let's do it but I want heaps of money...
wait... shouldn't him ask for more money when the danger of getting KTFO by this behemoth just became real?

With Miocic, would be tough, but not in any danger of getting KO'd.

I think he is right. Danger increase, so should the money.

He shat himself so hard after that fight. I always thought jones could do it. Not so much now. I'd strongly advise against it to be honest. At least get a fight at hw to get a feel of it. This is another izzy situation where he talked himself into a corner. But if jones does it and gets it done? Damn.

He's basically doing the smartest thing, pricing himself out of the fight until he can figure out his next move, or, the landscape changes so that he can capitalise on some kind of advantage.

But Jones isn't making any moves. He hasn't fought in a year and doesn't have anything booked. At some point he'll have spent so much time without a paycheck that waiting for the the big fight may not be the right approach, unless he gets paid literally three or four times what he used to get.

I get that Jones wants more money.

But the fact that he's making it the main talking point as soon as Ngannou won in devastating fashion just makes him look bad.

As soon as Ngannou won first thing he said was, let's do it but I want heaps of money...

Yeah Jon is a sociopath so he can’t read a room. He should’ve never tweeted out the money part. He should’ve just negotiated behind the scenes if he really wanted the fight but just wanted to get compensated. Jones will fight Blades and then retire lol.

Yeah, he knows Francis has improved and now has the skills to be a horrible matchup for him. I think he knew Miocic would have been the easier fight for him.

This is how negotiations work now with social media. Jon is just being smart.

Jones isn't going to go out there and let the world see him unquestionably lose via getting finished without getting at least 10 million I imagine.

Not saying he'd lose for sure because it's Jon Jones but man, Francis is an absolutely terrifying HW for anyone to face.

Lol Jon Jones wanting none of that African power.

Jones should be able to roid freely for this fight, otherwise Ngannou slaughters him. I wish we could see absolute peak dominant grappling, super strength Jones in the there to make it interesting.

Back