• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jones: "It's Okay. Derek can have the fight"

The strategy isn’t complicated. Due to UFC contracts one of the few tactics that fighters can use in negotiations is the threat to withhold their services

personally, I think the fight with Jones was a by far the most interesting bout to make at HW

if Dana can’t make it happen, that’s on him

If Stipe had won, Jones is all over that shit.

I’d be scared if I were Jones too. Barley holding on to the LHW title and looking terrible against former middleweights, deciding to move up than see Francis win the HW belt...

Scared AF and cherry picking opponents.

Reminds me of frightened floyd

tenor.gif

Well, it's not like Sherdog is full of mensa quality genuises. So anyone above double digit IQ should not be surprised.

<Fedor23>

Jones is full of shit anyways. Let's see him actually step in the cage as a HW before we call him a HW.
yeah agreed --- lets' do "Stage 1" first which is get Jon Jones to ACTUALLY fight at HW, let him pick an opponent (someone respectably good) and get that fight done.

I simply do not see Jones signing a contract to fight Ngannou. He doesn't need the money and I think he is SO incredibly protective of his "undefeated" status (ignoring the Mark Hamill DQ thing) that he simply won't risk it to fight Ngannou.

I think what Jones is going to do is price himself too high, and WAIT until Ngannou maybe loses to another opponent, conveniently eliminating Ngannou for him. At the end of the day, almost all HW fighters hit really hard and if just one can slug Ngannou and get the victory then that will give Jon what he wants...

Look, a fight with Jones is going to be big especially with a crowd.

There is definitely nothing wrong trying to get a good payday(it is the retirement money for him), but, Jones has been teasing HW for years and he actually put on the weight and started talking trash with Ngannou like 7months ago to get hype going.

You dont do that kinda stuff for show especially the shit talking. If this fight doesn't happen it is because Jones chose not to make it happen.

Jones is the one who put himself in a corner by bulking up, talking trash, and mentioning HW and Dana White is taking advantage of that.

Sorry for long ass read/rant.
If Dana isn’t a cheap piece of shit .... the fight will happen ..... jones is ready

Most people want to see this fight now to see Jones get smashed. To see his trash talking face get re-arranged. Not many believe that he can win.

yeah agreed --- lets' do "Stage 1" first which is get Jon Jones to ACTUALLY fight at HW, let him pick an opponent (someone respectably good) and get that fight done.

I simply do not see Jones signing a contract to fight Ngannou. He doesn't need the money and I think he is SO incredibly protective of his "undefeated" status (ignoring the Mark Hamill DQ thing) that he simply won't risk it to fight Ngannou.

I think what Jones is going to do is price himself too high, and WAIT until Ngannou maybe loses to another opponent, conveniently eliminating Ngannou for him. At the end of the day, almost all HW fighters hit really hard and if just one can slug Ngannou and get the victory then that will give Jon what he wants...

I can see Jon letting Ngannou have a title defence before he fights him to see more tape on champ Ngannou.

Back