• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jones: "It's Okay. Derek can have the fight"

It's not about "controversy" or bad press, it's about him literally costing the UFC money, and pretending like that isn't (or shouldn't) be a factor in contract negotiations is woeful ignorance.

He's probably cost the UFC millions.

I cant count how many times a UFC card was canceled/moved because of Jones. The UFC had to search far and wide for one paper just to save his ass for pulsing.

Even after all that, Jones sits heres and talk about disrespect and all that. He's just scared, and he's so delusion he probably doesn't even know it himself.

And im a huge Jones fans that thinks hes the GOAT

He wants no part of Francis, and will go back to LHW or just stop fighting because he knows hes not the same fighter anymore.

Do people hate Jones so bad they think he, as a P4P great, is scared of another fighter? The dude is angling for money. That's brains, not fear.

It's not about the money, I think everyone knows he's using the money to price himself out of the fight

He's already talking about feeling disrespected and he's doesn't want the fight based off one comment of Dana simply saying Francis is so dangerous if I was Jones I would run.

That's just a hyperbole said in the moment.

Jones has already backed out without one call to Dana to talk about money.

Lets wait and see what happens, but if Jones start asking for a price UFC won't pay, like 10-20 million then he's just pricing himself out.

There is no escape from this for Jones

If he ducks him, people will mock him
If he fights him, he gets <mma2>

There is no escape from this for Jones

If he ducks him, people will mock him
Or he fights him and gets <mma2>
I'd rather he just ducks him and fights Jan so Jan can finally get the credit he deserves. Jon getting KO'd before fighting Jan would probably be his retirement so Jan will always be "paper" champion to some people even though he KTFO of the guy who got robbed by Jones.

I am ready to pay for a $20 bar entrance to see Jones get KO’ed by Francis.

Jones is smart here.
Any fighter moving up to do a superfight should always ask for more money. You're taking more risk, plus Jones is the A side of this fight.

He knows THIS IS THE FIGHT.
This is the fight to make in all of MMA at the moment. It would be one of the biggest fights in MMA history.

Not even a Jones fan but a Jones Francis fight Is a legit superfight and way waaaay bigger fight than Francis vs. Black Beast 2 or a Francis vs. Stipe trilogy.
Don't see how Jones is the "A - side" in this fight. Ngannou's just catapulted himself to superstardom, if he wasn't even there already.
I legit think Pico watched the fight and realized he won't have that much of his usual "advantages". The risks done went through the roof and the insecure mofo ain't having none of it.

The problem is that Dana has no problem in calling his bluff.

Dana has been wanting to get Ngannou as his premier cash cow for a long time now and he may not care if Jones never fights again.

Reactions: HHJ
iu

Dude, did you just abdicate your "supremacist" mantle?! I'm flabbergasted.

Too many fuckin people kept being too sensitive about it and i got tired of having to explain it

It's not about the money, I think everyone knows he's using the money to price himself out of the fight

He's already talking about feeling disrespected and he's doesn't want the fight based off one comment of Dana simply saying Francis is so dangerous if I was Jones I would run.

That's just a hyperbole said in the moment.

Jones has already backed out without one call to Dana to talk about money.

Lets wait and see what happens, but if Jones start asking for a price UFC won't pay, like 10-20 million then he's just pricing himself out.

Its not about money, its about sending a message.

The only thing Jones ducks is a screwing from Uncle Dana - pay the man.

So many idiots around here - it's always about the money.

It's not about "controversy" or bad press, it's about him literally costing the UFC money, and pretending like that isn't (or shouldn't) be a factor in contract negotiations is woeful ignorance.

You're conflating separate things. Guys like rampage cost them some money too. Sonnen. Silva. Think any of them said he's you know what, I'll just take less money on my next big fight so we're even?

I'm not a big jones fan, but it's obviously negotiation tactics. Good for him for wanting to get paid for what would be one of the biggest Heavy weight fights of all time.
Jones is obviously suspended right now and trying to keep his name in the media.

You think Jones just willingly gave up his belt and stopped fighting for over a year? I'm 99% sure he failed another PED test and got suspended. The UFC don't report drug test failures anymore, but USADA probably demanded some punishment.

Jones is so frighted and scarred of fighting Francis so sad...

I just realize Jones is pulling a 4D chess move by hoping Lewis beats him so he can get the belt by beating Lewis.

The pawn alwaya goes first!
Both Dana and Jon are using Derrick as a chess piece and Derrick likely doesnt give a shit and just wants to fight and get paid :cool:

Back