• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jones: "It's Okay. Derek can have the fight"

How much money is Jon asking for?

zivzwF.gif
"Show me the money", and then Dana proceed to throw him under the bus for "not actually wanting the fight".

Dana white has been saying fightera are scarred to fight whenever they want money. Ngannou is a scary guy, but saying Jones is scared is ridiculous.

Bunch of normal ass motherfuckers really calling the greatest combat athlete of all time a coward.

Y'all forgot the whole Sonnen experience? "Jones is scared of Sonnen cause he wouldn't fight him on weeks notice". Someone can avoid or leverage a fight for reasons besides being "scared". Y'all really think Jones is scared of a dude who lost a decision to Derrick Lewis for realz?

Some people forget the business side of the game. Its even a greater business risk because they are the main entity of their own business'....

Lets just move on.. Jones is not taking this fight. All this drama is unnecessary.

He should ask for more money. If the fight is as big as everyone thinks it's going to be, smart move is to get caked up. I'm sure everyone who saw Conor secure the bag fighting Mayweather realizes that.

Lol at basement dwellers acting like Jon is afraid of Ngannou, he has been complaining about his pay for a long time. He is completely right here, his resume is probably the best in MMA, this is a huge super fight and he should be paid the big bucks for it. When Mayweather was asking for big pay to fight Mcgregor was he scared of him also ?
Jon is 100% right and Dana is trying to stiff his fighters as usual

But that being said, MAN does Jon need to let someone else do his publicity and social media, dude presents himself sooooo badly and makes it so easy for Dana to win this negotiation

on the 1 hand......jones has never competed at heavy weight, he is taking a big risk for his legacy. i can understand that he might want a tune up fight to test the new division or get paid a HUUUGE summ to fight ngannou

on the other hand........the momentum is now. ngannou is riding a huge ko win streak against some stiff competition and last night he looked like the best version of him we ever saw. even if jones would take a fight at a not so huge base pay, the numbers this fight would do will be very big. maybe not conor big but definatly very easy to sell jones vs ngannou at this moment in time

A PPV that can sell 1.5m+

Of course he's going to try and get paid. Are you people stupid? Conor is getting paid $10 million a fight, and dana is trying to con jones into taking it for $500k

He should ask for more money. If the fight is as big as everyone thinks it's going to be, smart move is to get caked up. I'm sure everyone who saw Conor secure the bag fighting Mayweather realizes that.
I think that's what he's doing. He's just doing it so badly that it makes him look like he's actively ducking the fight and worsening his own negotiating position. Seriously, who in the world is Jones' agent

Wack. I mean even if derek wins,Jones wanna fight a guy that beat up ngannou? How is that any better? Lol

He can outgrapple Lewis and Sub Him , there is the Danger of getting KOed in that one too but , Francis is a worse match up for him , especially since Jones isn't exactly heavy handed and Francis could walk him down, possibly stuff some TD attempts and put Jones in Danger.

A PPV that can sell 1.5m+

Of course he's going to try and get paid. Are you people stupid? Conor is getting paid $10 million a fight, and dana is trying to con jones into taking it for $500k
Where did you get the $500K from?

He wants to get paid, and deserevedly so. Dana is clearly trying to throw him under the bus and use derek to lower jones' price. This is a big fight and both fighters deserve a lot of bread.

Especially jon, cause he gonna get spanked

If Dana is saying he wants to give it to Lewis, how is that Jones "ducking"?

You guys are really morons sometimes.

Back