• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jones: "It's Okay. Derek can have the fight"

Jones is mentally insecure and always has been... Remember he ducked Chael Sonnen.

Lol why are these fighters with set fucking contracts trying to say they need more money to fight someone? This is such god damn bullshit. Goodbye HW Jones. See you back at 205 later this year.

Isnt it just like Jones to try and steal the thunder from Ngannou’s win by creating media hype, only to back off when talks start getting serious.

Feels incredibly odd for Jones to be mentioning money now after sitting out for a full year to bulk up. Why would he do that if he wasn't committed to HW/the money wasn't already ironed out? Pretty fishy IMO sounds more like he hopes Lewis KOs Ngannou so he can get an easier fight
They’re probably working together behind doors to build and hype up the “biggest HW” fight in years.

Last edited:
LOL...what a joke!

Dude is blatantly ducking and completely afraid to get in the cage with Ngannou. After all that talk about moving up to HW, turns out he's a complete sissy.

Lol Jones already ducking hard.

That's why you gotta respect guys like GSP, Anderson, Adesanya, Cejudo, etc.
They moved up and tested themselves. This fucking clown always making every excuse in the book to not fight at HW.

Dude doesn't want to fight guys close to his size.

If they can pay that "can" McGregor the money they did then they surely can pay Jones and Ngannou the same or more for their fight.
That can brings in the numbers. Jones has/had the talent to be the p4p GOAT and the sport's brightest star and biggest draw. He just keeps getting in his own way.

I honestly think Jones expected Stipe to win another war with Ngannou and be forced to defend against Jones soon after. He thought he'd fight a diminished Stipe and just clean him up.

Unfortunately Ngannou has shown himself to be a more evolved, DANGEROUS fighter.

Let the negotiation begin I guess. Or he saw the fight and got scared. That was scary.

He's basically doing the smartest thing, pricing himself out of the fight until he can figure out his next move, or, the landscape changes so that he can capitalise on some kind of advantage.

Izzy don't want Jones, and I don't blame him.

Jones don't want Ngannou and I don't blame him either.
Difference being that jones keeps talking about it and has officially moved up to HW. Talking about not wanting to fight will obviously annoy fans.

This is a really bitch move. If he doesn't want to fight Ngannou then keep it private. The fact that he has to put this out there publicly and then making a weak ass excuse like he needs more money is just really sad.

"I’ve already had a Hall of Fame career".

He's so scared of Ngannou he's saying he's already a has-been.

Lol why are these fighters with set fucking contracts trying to say they need more money to fight someone? This is such god damn bullshit. Goodbye HW Jones. See you back at 205 later this year.

Exactly that. I won't go to work tomorrow because I want a raise. Gimme a break

How much money is Jon asking for?

zivzwF.gif

Bunch of normal ass motherfuckers really calling the greatest combat athlete of all time a coward.

Y'all forgot the whole Sonnen experience? "Jones is scared of Sonnen cause he wouldn't fight him on weeks notice". Someone can avoid or leverage a fight for reasons besides being "scared". Y'all really think Jones is scared of a dude who lost a decision to Derrick Lewis for realz?
ChickenjonesbokbokbokbokbokBOK!

So what is he doing next then? Losing all them gains? Lol

Lol at basement dwellers acting like Jon is afraid of Ngannou, he has been complaining about his pay for a long time. He is completely right here, his resume is probably the best in MMA, this is a huge super fight and he should be paid the big bucks for it. When Mayweather was asking for big pay to fight Mcgregor was he scared of him also ?
Lol @ this white belt who based on his time here obviously doesn't pay much attention.

It appears Jones already went through the more money negotiations. He went as far as to "retire" because he believed he was getting lowballed (and high key wanted to dodge LHW). He then lobbied for more money at HW and a super fight against Stipe... specifically.

Not until recently did Dana announce that Jones would fight the winner of Ngannou vs Stipe, so Jones must have come to a number he liked. The problem is he liked that number for Stipe and thought he would win. Now Jones is ducking another division until he can hand pick his opponent. Moving to HW was always conditional. He's playing the more money card again as an excuse to back out.

Last edited:
Back