• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Tank vs Lomachenko

Loma has a lot to deal with going in knowing about Tanks power, but Martins quick movement and evasive feet proved helpful distancing his chin away from Tanks heatseeking fists. Loma looked very in tact movement and hand speed wise, and had Haney admitting he was figured out so his IQ is in tact. This is a REALLY good fight, and relevant for a little longer.

lol at dissing Kambosos win, George beat Teo and Haney failed to finish him twice while Loma looked vintage. Loma wouldn’t lose to Ryan Garcia either. I think this is only fight in division that matters aside from Shakur fights for both.

Tank is underrated. He's clearly top 5 P4P and annoyingly yes he's waited just long enough for Lomachenko to be beatable.

Prime Lomachenko would win comfortably but I think current Davis at 135 would be too much for Lomachenko.

tank murders him and people finally come to grips with the fact that lomachenko is an old fighter with a style that doesn't suit the pros super well

tank murders him and people finally come to grips with the fact that lomachenko is an old fighter with a style that doesn't suit the pros super well

His style suits the pros just fine. He beat a world class fighter in his 3rd pro fight, and is a 3 weight champion.

The issue is he's mid 30's, he doesn't have the frame/physicality/power to suit 135, and on top of that Abdul Wahid is an excellent fighter, top 5 P4P.

So yeah Wahid should be the favourite at this point, but it certainly doesn't mean Lomachenko doesn't suit the pros, it means age and weight aren't on his side.

His style suits the pros just fine. He beat a world class fighter in his 3rd pro fight, and is a 3 weight champion.

The issue is he's mid 30's, he doesn't have the frame/physicality/power to suit 135, and on top of that Abdul Wahid is an excellent fighter, top 5 P4P.

So yeah Wahid should be the favourite at this point, but it certainly doesn't mean Lomachenko doesn't suit the pros, it means age and weight aren't on his side.
on paper, there's no way in hell he should ever have even had a close fight with salido, let alone lost. he also looks very troubled when faced with great amateurs who have more of a pro style like teofimo. loma should have cut the unnecessary movement and fat out of his style a long time ago, but it's what he's used to, so he sticks with it. it just will get you in trouble on the scorecards when it's round 8 and all you've done is dance.

His style doesn't suit the pros? The guy is a future hall of famer.
and he's taken losses he shouldn't have, on paper, because of his movement-first style. he won't punch without an advantageous angle and it leads him to lose rounds.

Lomas conditioning isn’t what it used to be. This is truly a crazy fight but at this point you would have to favor tank. Should have been sooner but leave it up to mayweather to ruin great fights.

Both top tier fight IQ. I wonder how they both would approach the fight

and he's taken losses he shouldn't have, on paper, because of his movement-first style. he won't punch without an advantageous angle and it leads him to lose rounds.
He will punch without angles. He's done it many times. Even against Teo he did this in the second half of the fight and took it to him. Lomachenko has fought everyone. That's why his resume at lightweight is leagues above someone like Tank's and it's why he also has losses. He's taken risks that most fighters would never even dream of taking.

He will punch without angles. He's done it many times. Even against Teo he did this in the second half of the fight and took it to him. Lomachenko has fought everyone. That's why his resume at lightweight is leagues above someone like Tank's and it's why he also has losses. He's taken risks that most fighters would never even dream of taking.
his resume at lightweight is pretty dogshit. its his featherweight resume that carries his pro career. stopping walters and rigondeaux in the corner are the keystone moments of his career. everything else he's done is worth very little. who's he beaten at LW that tank didn't beat or couldn't beat? jamaine ortiz? jorge linares? gtfo

his resume at lightweight is pretty dogshit. its his featherweight resume that carries his pro career. stopping walters and rigondeaux in the corner are the keystone moments of his career. everything else he's done is worth very little. who's he beaten at LW that tank didn't beat or couldn't beat? jamaine ortiz? jorge linares? gtfo
He's been fighting top opposition for 11 years straight. Tank's just now starting to take risks in his career. Hence Loma being rated #1 at lightweight right now and Tank being rated behind him.

Loma will avoid this match like the plague. His aura's long gone since the Lopez fight. Tank will put him in a bodybag.

Eg8pYXfXkAgALd8.jpg

i will post this image in every single thread about tank vs lomachenko.

after 8 years, when lomachenko is pushing 37, gervonta now feels that it's the right time for this fight. but probably next year, right? don't wanna rush this one.

and i agree, davis might actually win it now. they've only avoided him for a decade.

Eg8pYXfXkAgALd8.jpg

i will post this image in every single thread about tank vs lomachenko.

after 8 years, when lomachenko is pushing 37, gervonta now feels that it's the right time for this fight. but probably next year, right? don't wanna rush this one.

and i agree, davis might actually win it now. they've only avoided him for a decade.

This is why I can't rate Tank in top 3 P4P. He lacks a signature win--getting one from Loma at this point won't do it.

Loma will avoid this match like the plague. His aura's long gone since the Lopez fight. Tank will put him in a bodybag.
Absolute clown post. So stupid it actually took my breath away. I don't even know where to begin scorched earth verbally annihalating you. So I'll just copy and paste this guys pic instead of spending much more time

1718647131621.png

Back