Jones is immune to getting TKO so it’s unlikely we will see it in our lifetime

He is very good at rolling with the punches. He is getting softened up just like all fighters do and he will have his day very soon. The writing is on the wall.

No one is immune. We thought Anderson was immune to getting knocked out, and guess what, The Chris came along.

Same with chuck until
giphy.gif

and Hunt until
AlarmingWellmadeCoral-size_restricted.gif

Only great I can think of who hasn't been cleaned out is Hendo and even he has been TKOd
giphy.gif

All of the above were known for legendary chins

1. He has a top chin
2. Those gifs are not proof. Those are weak strikes
3. He never fought a guy like Rumble, Hunt, Ngannou
4. Seroids improve your bone density, but a chin is a chin and every chin can be cracked.
5. He doesn't have 50 fights in MMA
6. He rarely receives hard powerful strikes
Bone density? It’s more the neck muscles so your head doesn’t bounce around when it gets hit.

sure maybe steroids do not directly have an effect on your chin/ability to absorb a shot to the head, but steroids do cause your muscles to not only develop strength and endurance faster but just plain recover faster from training, so if he's properly strengthening and conditioning his neck, then yes the steroids absolutely can be linked directly to his ability to absorb a strike to the head.
<{anton}>

His day will come. I never saw him rocked until Reyes round 4. He def was panicking there, thank goodness he got the takedown.

Solid thread but WILL may be his ultimate attribute that keeps him going even when hurt. Jon has the greatest will bar none amongst fighters. Even anyone close may be just equal but not greater

if he keeps fighting, we will eventually see him take a crushing defeat
just like every other champ ever

Did dan Hendersons chin ever fade? I want to say he got dropped later in his career but recovered. As stated jones is the perfect build for a fighter. He is tall, long ass arms, great chin, good cardio, quick, decent reflexes, pointy elbow, ok power.

I think he does have a good chin, but I also think his length and reach help as well. Guys often land with the very end of their punches, so he doesn't really absorb the full power. But having said that, there have been guys who got inside like DC, Reyes, etc. and hit him with some solid uppercuts and hooks and he's eaten them and continue coming forward.

Now that I've paid him a compliment and admitted he has a great chin, I have to say this. I will thoroughly enjoy the day he finally does get knocked out. I hope it is embarrassing, and I hope it continues to happen to him again and again until he realizes it's time to retire.

rumble would flatten jones.

stipe too.

It's always funny to see posts like this, where people have to dig into a different division to find guys with even a chance to defeat Jones.

It will crack it's only a matter of time, you should know this. Thread title is very noobish and casual..

sure maybe steroids do not directly have an effect on your chin/ability to absorb a shot to the head, but steroids do cause your muscles to not only develop strength and endurance faster but just plain recover faster from training, so if he's properly strengthening and conditioning his neck, then yes the steroids absolutely can be linked directly to his ability to absorb a strike to the head.
Neck has nothing to do with your ability to take a punch that's bro science

Back