Media Jones: "I scored takedowns, was the aggressor, controlled the Octagon, and landed more."

He did though. Jon advanced the whole fight more or less, and Reyes missed on 56% of his shots

Aggression and octagon control only matter if the striking and/or grappling is even and it wasn't. Jones got hit 7+ times more in each of the first 3 rounds and got hit more in the head.

Percentage of strikes landed doesn't really matter much in MMA, strikes landed and significant strikes landed is way more important.
Dude I'm just saying Reyes missed those shots because of Jon's defense. I'm well aware sherdog doesn't care about efficiency, despite it being measured and recorded as a main stat in every sport smh. Comical. What would you consider a defense clinic in MMA if your opponent missing a ton of strikes isn't an indication?

Aggression and octagon control only matter if the striking and/or grappling is even and it wasn't. Jones got hit 7+ times more in each of the first 3 rounds and got hit more in the head.
Refs dont have to strikes landed/thrown numbers during the fight though, they judge off the eye test. Missing a bunch of shots can give the impression that you're not landing as much as you actually are(or vice-versa in some fights). Reyes missed over half his shots, compared to an advancing jon jones who was landing over 60% of his shots. Not hard to see how a judge swung it in Jones direction at all, Reyes fans just want to believe JJ got dominated and hurt when that just isn't the case lol

jj did not score a takedown (as defined by mma rules it must result in an attack)

There was nothing in Round 2 worth a belt exchanging hands for me. I dont believe in barely edging championships unless both fighters beat the shit out of each other. This would have been the weakest edge belt win I may have ever seen if Reyes won
I fully agree, I still had Reyes winning the first 3....but he folded in the last 2 big time. Jones deserved the W.

Dude I'm just saying Reyes missed those shots because of Jon's defense. I'm well aware sherdog doesn't care about efficiency, despite it being measured and recorded as a main stat in every sport smh. Comical. What would you consider a defense clinic in MMA if your opponent missing a ton of strikes isn't an indication?

I wasn't giving my opinion on his defense, just letting you know that it's pretty much irrelevant in MMA cause the only thing that scores in MMA are offensive actions.

It's such bullshit that takedowns that lead to nothing and the other guy gets up right away matter so much. He did literally nothing with them, the merit should be in Reyes part for getting up so fast.
Khabib did nothing in the first round vs Conor but at least he controlled him almost the whole round, fair enough but this bullshit takedowns that lead to nothing shouldn't even count. It's almost as much bullshit as wall n stall.

Didnt do shit with the takedowns. Reyes got back up within seconds. Didnt strike more than reyes. Left no damage. Who cares about octagon control.
Reyes > jon

How can you say you outstruck him when there's literally a public record of strikes landed and you landed less???

Because the % of strikes thrown tell the whole story, Reyes throw A LOT more the entire fight, and olny landed 12 more strikes. He also gassed in the last two rounds, and did close to nothing, do you think the reason for this is his high output in the first two rounds?

Jones just fought a lot smarter, threw way less, and landed almost the same amount. Now add in the takedowns, the agression, etc

tenor.gif

Far more significant than his point scoring TD’s

Jones had his eyes closed, didn't see the uppercut and still didn't get knocked out not even rocked.
this guys till has iron chin

Because the % of strikes thrown tell the whole story, Reyes throw A LOT more the entire fight, and olny landed 12 more strikes. He also gassed in the last two rounds, and did close to nothing, do you think the reason for this is his high output in the first two rounds?

Jones just fought a lot smarter, threw way less, and landed almost the same amount. Now add in the takedowns, the agression, etc

The fight isn't judged on the percentage of strikes you land. It's judged on how much you land.

The fight isn't judged on the percentage of strikes you land. It's judged on how much you land.

This. People need to take that boxing judging mentality somewhere else. Defense does not score in MMA, in MMA defense is it's own reward. Offense scores, be it through grappling or striking, octagon control and aggression are not considered unless the striking/grappling is even.

Every argument I have heard for Jones winning involves people not understanding the scoring criteria in MMA.

Since fights are judged by rounds and not it's totality:
  • Reyes scored 6 more significant strikes than Jones in R1
  • Reyes scored 11 more significant strikes than Jones in R2
  • Reyes scored 7 more significant strikes than Jones in R3
No takedowns were scored in the first three rounds and three rounds is all you need to win a fight.

Just to help out.

Jones 9 9 9 10 10 47
Reyes 10 10 10 8 8 46

Easy scoring, the championship rounds were a huge huge choke for Reyes and everyone knows it.

I found it unfortunate, I like Jones but he's on his way out and Reyes is the one to take the belt I believe, but not this time.

You're literally saying that the fighter that got hit more... put on a defensive clinic.

And you can't seem to fathom how fucking idiotic that sounds. Amazing.

Disassociate me from an future posts about your fascination with Black dick. That's your game Liberache. Not everyone else's
Let's see, you got so excited about a standard Sherdog balls reference you forgot what you were even talking about. Then you had to bring up dick, black dick, and Liberace lol. That's a YP not a MP

Back