Media Jones: "I scored takedowns, was the aggressor, controlled the Octagon, and landed more."

Jones: "I scored takedowns, was the aggressor, controlled the Octagon, and landed more."

- The mere fact that he is trying really quite hard to convince everyone he won with this statement, says to me very simply that he KNOWS he lost but his ego and pride is trying to justify his "win".

Jones knows he lost. He just cannot admit that.

You guys know you're talking to a pro fighter right?

Or are you that fucking stupid? Lol

I like Frode and my post is not a dig at him

Plenty of pro athletes get things wrong all the time when discussing their sport

Have you ever heard the Matchroom guys speak on Boxing? Carl Froch and Nelson for example?

Both guys were legit world champs in their respective fields and I have seen kids talk more sense at times about boxing

Again not a dig at Frode but being a pro doesn't give you the authority over everyone

Scored takedowns... Did nothing with them and it was in the rounds everyone agrees he actually won. Doing his best to twist the narrative.

What is it with you cornball ass clowns that associate fight fans with dick and penis? Did your uncle pop a chub when you were sitting on his lap now you think everyone gets down like that? We are talking fights. You are talking penis. Man go have a dick and enjoy. Just go play somewhere with that shit
Jon Jones take-a-dick nut hugger confirmed

You have to win the fight in a Championship fight, not maybe come close and hope the judges give it to you.

He actually makes a strong case. Reyes shots clearly weren't landing a lot of the time.

So he is claiming defensive points for that ? How about getting taken down for 5 secs and getting back up with no trouble at all ? Reyes then scored loads of defensive points there. A takedown is nothing without doing any damage.

the people to listen to when it comes to stuff like this, are the fighters. the VAST majority of fighters gave the fight to reyes. that should be enough to convince most.

The problem is that if Jon had Doms performance and it was the other way around, Jon still would have remained champion and he would be writing on twitter how he outstruck Dom by 12 strikes and knocked him down.

It's one of the many reasons why MMA under the UFC will always remain a joke compared to serious A-level sports.
THIS!!!

Takedowns dont have to lead to anything to score.

Just like a punch to the face doesn't have to lead to anything to score.

Jon 2,4,5

Jones actually did way more in terms of damage. Jones was neither wobbled nor tired.

No he didn't. Jones was the only one who got hurt in that fight, beginning of round 4. Getting tired isn't damage, it can lead to damage but it didn't.

Can’t believe I’m about to defend Jon Jones but let’s say he actually felt like he lost the fight. He can’t just openly admit that shit. He’s still got the belt. It would be sooooooo bad for business for both Jones and the UFC for him to concede that Reyes is the real champ. He has to just roll with it and accept the fact that he “won” the fight whether he believes he did or not.

There is an obvious investment to have Jones as champion. Whenever this seems to be the case, we should all know by now that he would have to be defeated definitively. When it went to the judges I wasn't confident that Reyes did enough. Especially when Jones looked to be the fresher fighter in the championship rounds. If you reversed both of their performances, Jon would still be the champion.

You should go back and watch the fight and you'll find out that many of the strikes that were on comp box didn't actually land on Jones. Even the big knockdown, Jones was hit in the chest/shoulder while off balance. He wasn't even wobbled.

Reyes crumbled in that fight and if you rewatch the fight with the sound off, it tells a different story

This. Compubox is very unreliable. And Its not used by the judges anyway. So people bringing it up are bringing up weak evidence

jones will probably win the rematch easily, he's a vegan deflated off cycle version of jones now taking it easy and safe, but now that there's a threat to the belt he's gonna start drinking red bloody meat and go on bycicle rides.

jones by shattered jaw, blinded eyes and hole in the skull from elbows + 5 months hospital stay for reyes in the rematch

Back