• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jones hasn't been tested in 7 months.

Immediately means in the same quarter. Are you saying if an athlete misses a drug test, USADA would not attempt to test them again for the entire quarter? That sounds like the dumbest thing and a massive loophole anyone can exploit. USADA is not that incompetent.

first of all, stop relying on quarterly numbers. Youve no way of knowing if something happened last week in the quarter or first week in the quarter.. you could be 2 months and 30 days out on calculations.

And no, there wont always be immediate attempt to retest. depends on the circumstances.

if they athlete simply isnt where they should be for instance their home address and attempts to contact them fail, they dont answer phone etc, then there may not be immediate retest. they will inform the athlete of a missed test, that fighter will be given a chance to explain the reason for a missed test, etc.

If they are able to contact the athlete and discover they are in a different town or something, they forgot to update their whereabouts, then again, they get a strike, but unlikely to be immediately retested

To be honest, theres no point whatsoever trying to test them immediately arfter a missed test because by informing them of their missed test they are immediately on their guard anyway.

example. Lizzie Armitstead, missed a test because her mobile was off and her hotel played silly beggers. She became away of the missed test and was tested next day. She made a big thing saying "my test next day was clean".. well of course it was, you had 24 hours notice.

so re-trying the test mission is utterly pointless anyway. because by then the athlete knows a test may or may not be coming

and when he didn't it was a huge back fire pr wise. plus any one with a ped problem has to do 6 months of testing.

A huge back fire pr wise? Lol no it wasn't. Nobody but sherdog questioned it. Everyone else was happy/mad Brock was back. But it did not have any negative effects on the UFC

So you cannot name me another athlete in the history of the USADA program who has Jones' profile or past history, who has ever not been tested the amount of time that he has. If that's not highly unusual I don't know what is..

ah, so now ive provided data that rubbishes your claim you move the goalposts and we are only allowed to include former champions who have tested positive...

right.. ok....

as ive already shown, if active athletes frequently go 6 months with no testing, for an inactive, suspended athlete who isnt going to be fighting anytime soon to go 6 months is not unusual

id be more worried about manuwa going a year, bamgbose going six months, oliveira going 6 months, than i am a totally inactive fighter going that long tbh

Josh Barnett wasn't tested since popping. Even though his whole sanctioning process took FOREVER he wasn't tested at all (for something like >18 months). Rothwell went what, like 10+ months without being tested while his case was being decided. Mir wasn't tested for 7-8 months after popping, then was tested once and then another long stretch (>16 months) without testing.

Josh barnett wasnt tested because he left the testing pool five days after his sample was collected and a week before his positive test was even announced..

Mir had also left the testing pool. He had agreed with the UFC for them to end his contract but he signed an agreement to not fight anywhere before his suspension was over. He was tested end of March 2016. His suspension wasnt announced till April 2017 but he had been granted his release and left the testing pool already.

but you said that usada have a policy not to test athletes under provisional suspension. thats not the case, i listed four athletes that have been tested while under provisional.

you then have to look at each case individually. for instance, Rothwell has using it under doctors guidance so he almost certainly didnt stop taking it until the decision had been made.

Last edited:
ah, so now ive provided data that rubbishes your claim you move the goalposts and we are only allowed to include former champions who have tested positive...

Moving goalposts? In the very first sentence of my very first response to you, I said

Jones is a championship level fighter with a history of testing positive. USADA's algorithms would undoubtedly put a lot of resources on him

That was my point from the very beginning: given Jones' profile and testing history, a 7-month absence of drug tests is highly unusual. If you can't provide another example then just admit it instead of accusing me of moving goalposts. It's intentionally dishonest. What makes it unusual is not just the length of time, it's the combination of that AND who Jon is.

Moving goalposts? In the very first sentence of my very first response to you, I said

That was my point from the very beginning: given Jones' profile and testing history, a 7-month absence of drug tests is highly unusual. If you can't provide another example then just admit it instead of accusing me of moving goalposts. It's intentionally dishonest. What makes it unusual is not just the length of time, it's the combination of that AND who Jon is.

because there is no other fucking championship level fighter with a history of testing positive to compare him to

how the fuck can we compare him to anyone else when there is nobody to compare again

fuck me sideways..

this is why the best comparison is the cases of mcregor, rousey, holm, romero, all of whom are ACTIVE title contenders.. if its not unusual for them to go 4, 5, 6 months without being tested, or only one test, then it sure as hell aint unusual for a totally inactive fighter to go six months..

ok.. anderson silva.. hes about 6 weeks behind jones..

and for the tenth fucking time

HE COULD HAVE MISSED TESTS IN THAT PERIOD!!!!!!!!

And ive already explained multiple times why they wont always follow up with an immediate retest after a missed one.

Partly out of fairness to the athlete so they arent seen to be deliberately trying to rack up three strikes.. partly because its utterly fucking pointless because by the time athlete is told about a missed test then they are aware of the impending test session and the element of surprise has been lost

and for the tenth fucking time

HE COULD HAVE MISSED TESTS IN THAT PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Yes, and for the umpteenth time, I'm saying that's very unlikely because that would be fucking stupid of him.

100% whereabouts failure rate in 2018 when the average is 5%, right before you have to present USADA with a defense that hinges on your character trait. That's beyond stupid. He should be doing everything in his power right now to play it by the book. There's some shady ass shit going on behind the scenes with USADA. I'm not even going to be surprised if Jones gets less than 2 years.

Yes, and for the umpteenth time, I'm saying that's very unlikely because that would be fucking stupid of him.

you are seriously discounting something because it would be stupid.

when has Jones ever been anything other than stupid.

in fact, that fact it would be utterly stupid, in Jones' case, makes it all the more likely. probable. yoiu can almost guarantee it.

Jones has a history of doing things that would be fucking stupid..

A huge back fire pr wise? Lol no it wasn't. Nobody but sherdog questioned it. Everyone else was happy/mad Brock was back. But it did not have any negative effects on the UFC

it the reason why the wwe wont let brock fight in ufc any more cause of the bad pr they got for it.

you are seriously discounting something because it would be stupid.

when has Jones ever been anything other than stupid.

in fact, that fact it would be utterly stupid, in Jones' case, makes it all the more likely. probable. yoiu can almost guarantee it.

Jones has a history of doing things that would be fucking stupid..

He's beyond stupid with his decision making yes, but he's also the type to start doing the next stupid thing when he thinks he's gotten away with the last stupid thing he did. Which is not the case right now. Jones knows he hasn't gotten away with the last stupid thing he did yet. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that he'll starting missing tests ONCE the current episode blows over, but I remain wholly unconvinced that he's going to test USADA with whereabouts failure at this critical juncture. Until further proof comes out, I'm going to chalk this up to shenanigans on the part of the UFC and USADA.

don't worry, jones says he will be clean by the time he comes back

according to his recent tweeter updates,
he is on the TboL diet

He's beyond stupid with his decision making yes, but he's also the type to start doing the next stupid thing when he thinks he's gotten away with the last stupid thing he did. Which is not the case right now. Jones knows he hasn't gotten away with the last stupid thing he did yet. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that he'll starting missing tests ONCE the current episode blows over, but I remain wholly unconvinced that he's going to test USADA with whereabouts failure at this critical juncture. Until further proof comes out, I'm going to chalk this up to shenanigans on the part of the UFC and USADA.
(Timestamped)

So, let me get the gist of this, either the guy with the history of doing stypid things was being stupid, or two companies are risking their billions of dollars to cover up the stupid guy for doing stupid things.........

I may have to side with the stupid guy doing something stupid and missing a test or going out of the testing pool. No way would UFC and USADA risk everything to cover up for fucking JBJ.

it the reason why the wwe wont let brock fight in ufc any more cause of the bad pr they got for it.

Pretty sure you have no clue what the fuck you’re talking about and making shit up based on your feelings.

I'm going to chalk this up to shenanigans on the part of the UFC and USADA.

So given a choice between a corrupt USADA despite the lack of evidence, and a stupid Jon Jones

you think a corrupt USADA is the most likely scenario..

<YeahOKJen>

Pretty sure you have no clue what the fuck you’re talking about and making shit up based on your feelings.

wwe was mad cause of how bad it looked for a wwe star to pop for peds when they have a testing system.

the public didn't know the wwe doesn't test part time wrestler. so that why wwe wont allow ronda or brock to fight while there under contract with wwe any more.

“They didn’t want to do that again,” White said “You saw what happened last time he was under contract and it doesn’t look good for anybody.”

Back in 2016, WWE allowed Lesnar a one-off opportunity to go back to the Octagon to face Mark hunt at UFC 200. Lesnar went on to defeat Hunt, though he failed multiple drug tests soon thereafter, leading to a whirlwind of events that included a one-year suspension for Lesnar and a legal war between “Super Samoan” and UFC. As a result, White says Vince McMahon and Co. aren’t too thrilled about allowing Lesnar back into the cage as long as he is under contract.

Dana White: WWE won’t allow Brock Lesnar another UFC crossover fight - ‘It doesn’t look good for anybody’

BOOM there you go. thank you very much

wwe was mad cause of how bad it looked for a wwe star to pop for peds when they have a testing system.

the public didn't know the wwe doesn't test part time wrestler. so that why wwe wont allow ronda or brock to fight while there under contract with wwe any more.

“They didn’t want to do that again,” White said “You saw what happened last time he was under contract and it doesn’t look good for anybody.”

Back in 2016, WWE allowed Lesnar a one-off opportunity to go back to the Octagon to face Mark hunt at UFC 200. Lesnar went on to defeat Hunt, though he failed multiple drug tests soon thereafter, leading to a whirlwind of events that included a one-year suspension for Lesnar and a legal war between “Super Samoan” and UFC. As a result, White says Vince McMahon and Co. aren’t too thrilled about allowing Lesnar back into the cage as long as he is under contract.

Dana White: WWE won’t allow Brock Lesnar another UFC crossover fight - ‘It doesn’t look good for anybody’

BOOM there you go. thank you very much

it hasn't negatively affected the WWE nor the UFC. In anyway shape or form buddy. find me some proof that it did some damage to them aside from Dana White's thoughts on Vince's thoughts (hearsay?)

Back