• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jones hasn't been tested in 7 months.

USADA doesn't test athletes that have been notified of an adverse analytical finding (AAF) until after the sanction is announced.

It makes zero sense to me and I've asked @dimspace about it but haven't heard a logical explanation. IMO once an athlete fails, they should be tested more frequently, not given an automatic pass to dope more while awaiting the conclusion of their case. Otherwise once an athlete pops they should immediately start a cycle or two because they'll know when they might next be tested, and they can easily prolong the decision to insure they complete their cycle.
Yeh, they have tested fighters between positive test and decision. Jones was tested post positive.

I don't know why jones hasnt been tested, the three options are a) usada hasn't attempted to test him b) he has whereabouts strikes c) he left the pool

C is unlikely

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him tested this week or next though

Just checked. Jones, andrade, Dawson, Calvillo all tested while on provisional suspension

Last edited:
corruption

he will also get off on less than a 2 year suspension

when he deserves 4 minimum

had this been someone else
it would have been dealth with

USADA doesn't test athletes that have been notified of an adverse analytical finding (AAF) until after the sanction is announced.

Yep, barring outlandish costs a recent hot test should subject you to almost weekly tests for a certain duration.
who cares?

you probably also whine that people in prison arent filing theirr taxes.

Nah, there is one possible loophole, not a bunch

And there is no loophole that applies when you have tested positive.. No waiver. No reduction

Then explain to me why he hasn't been tested for over half a year. None of the 3 options you offered above make any sense.

A) Jones is a championship level fighter with a history of testing positive. USADA's algorithms would undoubtedly put a lot of resources on him

B) Jones has a date with USADA coming up that will determine his fighting career in the next 2-4 years. He's walking on mighty thin ice, it would be insane to get whereabouts strikes at this point, especially since based on the commission hearing he has no real evidence to back his claims, and will likely have to resort to "I'm a changed man" defense. How does that defense look when you skip a bunch of tests? And why wouldn't USADA go right back at him if a scheduled test was missed?

C) - ...what? I tested positive, I have a date with USADA coming up, brb I'm leaving the testing pool? You'd have to go full retard to do that.

Here's a better option: D) some other shady loophole shit is going on behind the scenes, something the public is not made aware but UFC and USADA are working on it.

Then explain to me why he hasn't been tested for over half a year. None of the 3 options you offered above make any sense.

A) Jones is a championship level fighter with a history of testing positive. USADA's algorithms would undoubtedly put a lot of resources on him

B) Jones has a date with USADA coming up that will determine his fighting career in the next 2-4 years. He's walking on mighty thin ice, it would be insane to get whereabouts strikes at this point, especially since based on the commission hearing he has no real evidence to back his claims, and will likely have to resort to "I'm a changed man" defense. How does that defense look when you skip a bunch of tests? And why wouldn't USADA go right back at him if a scheduled test was missed?

C) - ...what? I tested positive, I have a date with USADA coming up, brb I'm leaving the testing pool? You'd have to go full retard to do that.

Here's a better option: D) some other shady loophole shit is going on behind the scenes, something the public is not made aware but UFC and USADA are working on it.

the only potential loophole that Iain explored in his peice was that if an athlete leaves the testing pool it is not made public. And that on returning to the testing pool they have to sit out six months but that can be reduced or waived by teh UFC.

thats the only loophole that entire piece comes up with . And one of that would apply to Jon Jones because it is cvery clearly detailed in the ADP that you only get credit for time served against a suspension for each day spent in the testing pool with no potential for waiver of any kind.

The fact hes gone 6-7 months without a test is not particularly unusual. Holly Holm was one of the most tested athlete in 2017 and yet she went more than five months without being tested in the middle of the year. Conor is the most tested athlete on the roster, yet he has had six months periods without a test. Yoel is one of the most tested on the roster, he too has had periods of five-six months without a test. Its not unusual.

The most likely scenario remain that either USADA havnt tried to test him in that period (which isnt unusual as stated above) or that he has missed tests.

To answer you "why wouldnt they go straight back". they dont do that. knowing an athlete isnt where they are meant to be, deliberately re-attempting the session could be seen as deliberately trying to rackup strikes against them. If they get a missed test the procedure is to inform them and give them time to respond and appeal the miss. Not to deliberately target them to try and get them to rack up three misses.

And no, missed tests would not really be any part of the case against him unless he racked up three. strikes are very common. I would not be at all surprised if 100+ fighters didnt have one strike.. its really a pretty common occurence/ Usadsa claim in 2016 they had about a 95% success rate on visits.. out of 2000 test sessions that would suggest 100 tests were missed in 2016 alone

on C i would totally agree with you. But i dont entirely rule out Jones going full retard

He took a lie detector test, and passed, so he was tested...

It makes zero sense to me and I've asked @dimspace about it but haven't heard a logical explanation. IMO once an athlete fails, they should be tested more frequently, not given an automatic pass to dope more while awaiting the conclusion of their case. Otherwise once an athlete pops they should immediately start a cycle or two because they'll know when they might next be tested, and they can easily prolong the decision to insure they complete their cycle.
What ever happened to that rule where a fighter that tested positive isn't allowed to train with other fighters on the UFC roster. I remember this being discussed here on sherdog when UFC anounced the new USADA testing.

Novitisky is already covering for him and back tracking. Saying it doesn't make sense. They're gonna say Jones was maliciously drugged on purpose. Lol some bullshit like that. Yet Mir gets 2 years for the same drug on a first offense.

the only potential loophole that Iain explored in his peice was that if an athlete leaves the testing pool it is not made public. And that on returning to the testing pool they have to sit out six months but that can be reduced or waived by teh UFC.

thats the only loophole that entire piece comes up with . And one of that would apply to Jon Jones because it is cvery clearly detailed in the ADP that you only get credit for time served against a suspension for each day spent in the testing pool with no potential for waiver of any kind.

The fact hes gone 6-7 months without a test is not particularly unusual. Holly Holm was one of the most tested athlete in 2017 and yet she went more than five months without being tested in the middle of the year. Conor is the most tested athlete on the roster, yet he has had six months periods without a test. Yoel is one of the most tested on the roster, he too has had periods of five-six months without a test. Its not unusual.

The most likely scenario remain that either USADA havnt tried to test him in that period (which isnt unusual as stated above) or that he has missed tests.

You mentioned Conor, Holm and Romero. Let's look at their testing result breakdown for the 3 complete years that USADA has been part of the UFC anti-doping program:

Romero: 11 tests. 0xQ1, 4xQ2, 2xQ3, 5xQ4
Holm: 10 tests. 6xQ1, 0xQ2, 2xQ3, 2xQ4
Conor: 11 tests. 5xQ1, 0xQ2, 3xQ3, 3xQ4
Jones: 7 tests. 3xQ1, 3xQ2, 0xQ3, 1xQ4
Romero: 11 tests. 3xQ1, 3xQ2, 3xQ3, 2xQ4
Holm: 15 tests. 2xQ1, 4xQ2, 3xQ3, 6xQ4
Conor: 6 tests. 1xQ1, 2xQ2, 2xQ3, 1xQ4
Jones: 9 tests. 1xQ1, 2xQ2, 5xQ3, 1xQ4
2018​
Romero: 10 tests. 6xQ1, 4xQ2
Holm: 3 tests. 2xQ1, 1xQ2
Conor: 3 tests. 2xQ1, 1xQ2
Jones: 0 tests. 0xQ1, 0xQ2

However you look at this, Jones' complete lack of random drug testing in 2018 is highly unusual, especially considering his high profile and history. Can you name another UFC athlete with similar profile and drug testing history, who hasn't been tested for 2 quarters in a row?

And no, missed tests would not really be any part of the case against him unless he racked up three. strikes are very common. I would not be at all surprised if 100+ fighters didnt have one strike.. its really a pretty common occurence/ Usadsa claim in 2016 they had about a 95% success rate on visits.. out of 2000 test sessions that would suggest 100 tests were missed in 2016 alone

95% success rate means only 5% athlete ever miss, that is a very small percentage. Jones is facing a unique problem and has to use a character trait defense to get leniency from USADA, since based on his commission hearing, he could not come up with a legitimate supplement defense. He would have to demonstrate that he is of otherwise impeccable character when it comes to drug testing. The average whereabouts failure rate in the UFC is 5%. If Jones missed 1 whereabouts in 2018, that would be a 100% failure rate in 2018. How on earth can he make any character trait argument in that case?

To answer you "why wouldnt they go straight back". they dont do that. knowing an athlete isnt where they are meant to be, deliberately re-attempting the session could be seen as deliberately trying to rackup strikes against them. If they get a missed test the procedure is to inform them and give them time to respond and appeal the miss. Not to deliberately target them to try and get them to rack up three misses.

Immediately means in the same quarter. Are you saying if an athlete misses a drug test, USADA would not attempt to test them again for the entire quarter? That sounds like the dumbest thing and a massive loophole anyone can exploit. USADA is not that incompetent.

Aren't suspensions that begin retroactively predicated on the fighter remaining in the testing pool? If so, it looks like he won't be able to return until 2022.

Run over there and give him a hernia check.

Novitisky is already covering for him and back tracking. Saying it doesn't make sense. They're gonna say Jones was maliciously drugged on purpose. Lol some bullshit like that. Yet Mir gets 2 years for the same drug on a first offense.

What the golden snitch did there was highly unprofessional for someone in his position. It's clear that he was instructed by the UFC to do PR damage control.

I meant moreso in the case of Brock not having to do so.

and when he didn't it was a huge back fire pr wise. plus any one with a ped problem has to do 6 months of testing.

Could you source that? It's not that I don't believe you, on the contrary, from the fighters I've looked up on USADA's website that failed tests, I noticed that they too weren't tested from the time their positive test results were announced to the time their suspensions were announced. If it's actually part of their policy and not athletes using the "retirement" loophole, that's a head scratching vulnerability in their policy.

Even if it does, he won't be able to return until 7/28/21, and Jones will be 34 years old by then.

duh but is seems jones blind followers don't understand that.

Jones to USADA:

OVjQODF.gif
Dana to USADA:

dana-white-holding-money.jpg

It's because Jones is innocent

#pRiSoNwIfELyFe

You mentioned Conor, Holm and Romero. Let's look at their testing result breakdown for the 3 complete years that USADA has been part of the UFC anti-doping program:

snip.......

However you look at this, Jones' complete lack of random drug testing in 2018 is highly unusual, especially considering his high profile and history. Can you name another UFC athlete with similar profile and drug testing history, who hasn't been tested for 2 quarters in a row?.​

But I have more than quarterly breakdowns. Quarterly numbers dont tell you when in the quarter they were tested.

You are also comparing active competing athletes to an inactive, non-competing athlete, there will obviously be different testing strategies.

however...

Jones - currently at 36 weeks

Holly had a period with only 1 test in 35 weeks (thats for someone who was actively fighting)

Conor has a period with only 1 test in over 30 weeks (and was a title holder at the time)

Yoel went 25 weeks without a test in 2016.. again, an active fighter

Ronda, went 28 weeks in 2016 withuot being tested

and no, its not "highly unusual", there are currently 90 fighters with no tests in 2018, Jon is one of those.

There are 15 fighters that have gone more than 6 months.. (not counting fighters that ive moved to the inactive list)

Rivas, Tucker, Wilson, Lim, Beltran, Jones, Abdurakhimov, Bamgbose, Taisumov, Akilyama, Rountree, Oliveira, Jeon, Stun Gun, Silva, Trujillo..

and again, we dont know if there is a complete lack of testing of Jones. For the third time, it is possible he has missed tests in that period, and for reasons already explained, no, they dont immediately try and retest them in the instance of a missed one.

is it ideal? no
Is it unusual? no
is it a sign of something mysterious? no
is it completely normal in anti doping to go for periods without being tested? yes

and no, its not "highly unusual", there are currently 90 fighters with no tests in 2018, Jon is one of those.

So you cannot name me another athlete in the history of the USADA program who has Jones' profile or past history, who has ever not been tested the amount of time that he has. If that's not highly unusual I don't know what is.

and again, we dont know if there is a complete lack of testing of Jones. For the third time, it is possible he has missed tests in that period, and for reasons already explained, no, they dont immediately try and retest them in the instance of a missed one.

First of all that is irrelevant. The gaps in testing from other athletes can also be due to failing their whereabouts, yet nobody with Jones profile or testing history has ever had this big of a gap in testing since 2016. That's highly abnormal.

Secondly, the whereabouts program has a failure rate of 5%. FIVE PERCENT. If Jones missed any tests in 2018, his whereabouts failure rate would be at ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. How is he going to be able to present USADA with a character trait argument with a 100% failure rate? They're going to tell him to go pound sand. There's no way he'd be missing test while walking on egg shells, unless if he's truly gone full retard, or if there's something else fishy going on, something none of us are made aware of.

Back