Jones Beats DC and is still seething at press conference.

Look Jones knows the score when it comes to being a black fighter.

He knows that white folks expect him to be humble. Remember he fought at Jacksons when Rashad was getting all the hate for being cocky and arrogant for saying and acting like a bunch of other white fighters who got praised when they had the same attitude.

In this society, there is a huge portion of white folks, (NOT ALL White Folks) who want Black Fighters to at least not act too uppity. And this applies to other athletes as well. Remember when Richard Sherman got called a thug for shouting around for a couple of seconds? And in the arena of politics, a politician like Obama knows they can never be the angry black man but someone like Romney is celebrated for being a fake tough guy who makes threats. One is permissible and the other isnt.

So Jones goes along with it to a degree but he knows it's an act and is hardly even trying to sell it anymore.

Basically I see Jon Jones giving people what they want until the facade of humility is too dumb for anyone to take seriously.

It wasnt about what Jones said. It was about the fact that he was so intense and seething with anger just under the surface. You obviously completely missed that.

Nah, he seemed ok to me. Just like friends I have speaking their minds. I wouldnt have been afraid of someone like him. Would you?

He knows that white folks expect him to be humble. Remember he fought at Jacksons when Rashad was getting all the hate for being cocky and arrogant for saying and acting like a bunch of other white fighters who got praised when they had the same attitude.

In this society, there is a huge portion of white folks, (NOT ALL White Folks) who want Black Fighters to at least not act too uppity. And this applies to other athletes as well. Remember when Richard Sherman got called a thug for shouting around for a couple of seconds? And in the arena of politics, a politician like Obama knows they can never be the angry black man but someone like Romney is celebrated for being a fake tough guy who makes threats. One is permissible and the other isnt.

So Jones goes along with it to a degree but he knows it's an act and is hardly even trying to sell it anymore.

Basically I see Jon Jones giving people what they want until the facade of humility is too dumb for anyone to take seriously.

This thread is not about race. Its about Jones.

Heard a comedian the other day do a bit on Paul Mooney (they are friends) and how Paul would sabotage himself by being overtly aggressive and then blame it on white people being afraid of any black man who isn't smiling because he seems threatening then. And while Mooney probably was his own worst problem, he also wasn't necessarily wrong. There are reasons why Bill Cosby and Wayne Brady are so popular. Ironically Bill Cosby hates white people but put on a sweater and say 'jello pudding pops' in a funny voice and nobody looks to deep! So the problem is magnified for a black fighter because fighting is already an aggressive activity. And no matter what color he was he would still be a scary dude so practicality plays a role as well.

But bottom line is, in the beginning anyway, it makes more sense to act the act. But a man with self-respect, well that kind of thing would annoy them on the inside. Plus, I think it sincerely bothers Jon that people don't like him but as a self-defense mechanism knowing this isn't likely to change has taken a "fuck it" approach now. For as much as people love to hate him, he is 27 years old and has been dealing with a lot of things since most people could legally drink that the pressure would be too much for most people. For some people to think it won't even take its toll on him is just not thinking it all the way through.

Cormier is black as well. Lots of black fighters in MMA. I dont give a shit about that. Im talking about a PERSON that seems to have a very thin skin and also deep anger issues.

You can't separate the two IMO. it goes to part of the reason he may have a chip on his shoulder

Ok then, explain why all the other black fighters dont have this intense chip on their shoulder. Wow this thread is getting sidetracked by the race card. Unbelievable.

Ok then, explain why all the other black fighters dont have this intense chip on their shoulder. Wow this thread is getting sidetracked by the race card. Unbelievable.

You really don't understand how race could play a factor?

I find it surprising you started a topic so above your head.

Not all black athletes are dealing with the irrational hate directed at Jon as a person as well. Or working for a company whose main face (Dana White) has publicly sold him out repeatedly, including blaming him for the downfall of an event and airing bad footage about him. Or had a community he had previously felt a part of (wrestling community) side so completely against him. Or been at the very top where so many people are always gunning for them. Or not all black athletes have had other black people call them "practically white" on top of having to deal with discrimination from some white people. So race and some of the obstacles that can still come with it from both sides is probably just one of many things that make up why Jones has a chip on his shoulder. I am sorry I couldn't provide you a super simplistic, generic answer so you didn't have to address anything outside your comfort zone but the real world is often inconvenient like that.

And just a bit of advice. It isn't up to you to tell people what a thread is about, even if you started it. That doesn't make you its censor.

Last edited:
Cormier is black as well. Lots of black fighters in MMA. I dont give a shit about that. Im talking about a PERSON that seems to have a very thin skin and also deep anger issues.
Well then fortunately for you, nobody was talking to you.

Why did you even jump in?

Do you really think this is YOUR thread?

Grow up TS

You really don't understand how race could play a factor?

I find it surprising you started a topic so above your head.

Not all black athletes are dealing with the irrational hate directed at Jon as a person as well. Or working for a company whose main face (Dana White) has publicly sold him old repeatedly. Or had a community he had previously felt a part of (wrestling community) side so completely against him. Or been at the very top where so many people are always gunning for them. Race and some of the obstacles that can still come with it is probably just one of many things that make up why Jones has a chip on his shoulder. I am sorry I couldn't provide you a super simplistic, generic answer so you didn't have to address anything outside your comfort zone but the real world is often inconvenient like that.

And just a bit of advice. It isn't up to you to tell people what a thread is about, even if you started it. That doesn't make you its censor.

So Jones is angry because he's dealing with racism. Is that what your saying?

Well then fortunately for you, nobody was talking to you.

Why did you even jump in?

Do you really think this is YOUR thread?

Grow up TS

Its the thread i started which has nothing to do with race. Its a thread about Jones.

So Jones is angry because he's dealing with racism. Is that what your saying?

lol

No

Your either being purposely obtuse or you just aren't very smart

Go back and read it again. Especially the part that goes over how it is probably just one of MANY factors

I don't see any reason to hold the hand of a wanna-be censor any longer. If you aren't smart enough to understand there is almost never going to be just one thing or some one simple explanation for why someone may have a chip on their shoulder then you can't be taught. A person is the sum of their experiences.

Its the thread i started which has nothing to do with race. Its a thread about Jones.

lol

Grow up T.S.

You starting the thread doesn't give you any censor rights over people posting in it

It is a thread about whatever anybody feels is relevant.

Sorry, you don't get to take your ball and go home. But you are more then welcome to leave. The ball is staying though. It belongs to the site.

Man Jones still seemed so angry and like he was seething at the post fight press conference. He's one angry dude with a big chip on his shoulder. Didnt seem happy that he won the fight. What is making Jones such an angry young man?

He's probably annoyed that no matter what he does or who he beats, it's never good enough for people.

Apparently he was fake and cocky after beating Glover, now he's seething with hate after beating DC. Jones has said the DC got to him, DC has said that he hates Jon Jones. This fight was like 6 months of shit talking from both guys, with Jones being picked apart by armchair critics on twitter, booed at press conferences, and trolled online.

2 minutes after the press conference, people on this forum started talking about how Jones 'called out Cain' and how Cain would wreck him and that Jones is a pussy for not immediately moving up to heavyweight....whilst at the same time saying that Gustafsson will wreck him and that DC was old/small/dehydrated/overhyped etc.

I imagine he's starting to get annoyed that no matter what he does people will find a reason not to like him, so he's finally just saying "Fuck 'em".

lol

No

Your either being purposely obtuse or you just aren't very smart

Go back and read it again. Especially the part that goes over how it is probably just one of MANY factors

I don't see any reason to hold the hand of a wanna-be censor any longer. If you aren't smart enough to understand there is almost never going to be just one thing or some one simple explanation for why someone may have a chip on their shoulder then you can't be taught. A person is the sum of their experiences.

I dont agree at all that racism plays a part in Jones anger. I think he has a thin skin and a huge ego.

I dont agree at all that racism plays a part in Jones anger. I think he has a thin skin and a huge ego.

So that is what your tantrum and attempt to censor was about? You didn't want anybody interjecting reasons that could be seen as legitimate because your purpose of this thread was to bash Jones?

Gotcha. I made the mistake of thinking you were sincerely wondering and wanted an adult discussion. You are just a troll trying hard to hide that fact. Even the most ignorant person would normally concede whatever reasons might be the fault of Jones that surely there are also external circumstances that are not his fault that at least play some role. But not you huh?

lol

Grow up T.S.

You starting the thread doesn't give you any censor rights over people posting in it

It is a thread about whatever anybody feels is relevant.

Sorry, you don't get to take your ball and go home. But you are more then welcome to leave. The ball is staying though. It belongs to the site.

You keep trying to put race into it. Your wrong.

So that is what your tantrum and attempt to censor was about? You didn't want anybody interjecting reasons that could be seen as legitimate because your purpose of this thread was to bash Jones?

Gotcha

So if Jones has anger issues, im bashing him? You need to focus dude.

So if Jones has anger issues, im bashing him? You need to focus dude.

He doesn't have anger issues, so yes you are bashing him.

If I put up a thread called 'DC is pussy for crying' that would be bashing a guy for showing emotion. Jones doesn't like DC, all he did was show that emotion.

Nick Diaz is still fighting in hospital, thats proper hate

Back