Jones Beats DC and is still seething at press conference.

You realize that DC has been talking shit about Jones for YEARS, right? You think that's going to evaporate as soon as he gets his hand raised?

Jones has a chip on his shoulder and almost anything can set him off. Its like he has to keep himself in check or he will kill someone. And this chip he's got is only getting bigger the longer he is the champ.

Siege mentality.

It's lonely at the top and every hates you after a while. A lot of great managers/coaches in football are great at this.

If a team are dominant champions, they are OBVIOUSLY gonna be less hungry than those guys in 2nd place. To keep them motivated, they will adopt this approach. \

"FUCK EVERYONE"

It's not something you can turn on and off... It's what you become after a while. JBJ gets so much hate as it is. It doesn't surprise me at all

Good points. That makes sense.

I loved him at the presser. If anything, he won me over with how matter of fact and honest he was at the presser.

He basically said what he did, what he was going to do and that he was going to get even better. I think he was just mad that people doubted him and he proved everyone wrong yet again. It's like what else does he have to do at this point?

Gus and I were not impressed by his performance

It's not being friends, it's just that after a few rounds of hard fighting most people don't feel any negative emotions anymore, it's probably some kind of unconscious instinctive thing. Not Jones, apparently.

And it's not like he had some legit reason to dislike the guy, it was all a kind of "he said, she said" situation where their trash talk spun out of control.
Like I said, I understand it either way it goes. Both make complete sense depending on the circumstances and the person

It isn't just fighting as a form of the physical toll on the body where you burn out the aggressiveness that you need to fight to begin with. This is about how someone feels about their opponent as a person in general, not just someone they need to beat in the cage. And if you don't like someone as a person before the fight, nothing that happens in the fight changes that fact.

Now if you didn't know the guy much and you find things to respect about how he battled then sure it can end positive. Or if the beef was superficial or even fake. Or if the animosity was geared solely among an obstacle in your way and now that the fight is over there is no more reason to be at odds. But Jones doesn't like DC. And i don't care what DC said up there, he still doesn't like Jones. In fact, he didn't say one good thing about Jones AS A PERSON. He simply wasn't asked. Both complimented each others as fighters and Jones was honest about the personal feelings. Just because DC made more compliments about Jones the fighter (which in part helps ease the loss that the guy is just that good) doesn't change a thing. And people, and sorry if this sounds like a dick way to say it, are crazy if they think otherwise. DC still hates Jones, I would bet my house on it

He wasnt fired up, he was seething with hate after just soundly beating his rival and retaining his title. Jones seems to be getting to be a real dark guy the longer his fight career goes on.

You know, people can be angry, too... :cool:

For example, Fedor has been mellow at times but there are times when he was super aggressive.

I thought Jones was pretty laid back and the only shot I remember him taking at DC was at the end when the "reporter" tried to get him to admit he felt bad for DC, which is when he said he didnt feel bad for DC cause DC would have been trashing him had he won.

I thought Jones was pretty laid back and the only shot I remember him taking at DC was at the end when the "reporter" tried to get him to admit he felt bad for DC, which is when he said he didnt feel bad for DC cause DC would have been trashing him had he won.

It wasnt about what Jones said. It was about the fact that he was so intense and seething with anger just under the surface. You obviously completely missed that.

Ive never seen someone so butt wet after defending the title.

It wasnt about what Jones said. It was about the fact that he was so intense and seething with anger just under the surface. You obviously completely missed that.

Some people cant read underlying emotion. I saw it

he's a christian, Christians love to hate.
And ironically it seems to always be non-Christians in here making bigoted comments based on stereotypes which is in and of itself, hateful behavior. It also makes you a hypocrite. And someone who can only regurgitate a few of the same talking points sensationalized by his 'side' which also makes you the perfect candidate for 'ignorant voter'. It is weird that you would willingly announce yourself as part of society's lowest common denominator, the ignorant bigot demo. But I guess if you were smarter, you wouldn't be in that demo.

I can relate more to his reaction than when fighters kiss and make up after the fight after months of trash talking.

Yeah, he's being honest with his reaction. He's still pumped up after the fight, and fighting a person you hate doesn't mean you're friends immediately after the fight. It doesn't make him right, though. He did apologize for being classless coz he really hated DC, if they ever fight again I think there'll be no more bad blood and trash talking.

I really like what cerrone said that fighters shouldn't let their emotions get the better of them, like he did when he lost to Nate. It leads to anger, poor execution and trash talking, which means you either win, or embarass ypurself and eat your words.

Siege mentality.

It's lonely at the top and every hates you after a while. A lot of great managers/coaches in football are great at this.

If a team are dominant champions, they are OBVIOUSLY gonna be less hungry than those guys in 2nd place. To keep them motivated, they will adopt this approach. \

"FUCK EVERYONE"

It's not something you can turn on and off... It's what you become after a while. JBJ gets so much hate as it is. It doesn't surprise me at all
agree w these points

Ive never seen someone so butt wet after defending the title.

The first saying was bad enough

Don't try to start your own catch phrase variation

It reeks of desperation for internet validation. Just saying. The last two guys who tried with "make a son out of him" and "step-son him" in their own 'clever' variation of "who's your daddy?" didn't have any success either if it helps any.

Back