Jones Beats DC and is still seething at press conference.

Omega Man

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Man Jones still seemed so angry and like he was seething at the post fight press conference. He's one angry dude with a big chip on his shoulder. Didnt seem happy that he won the fight. What is making Jones such an angry young man?

They don't like each other and he was still all fired up. Pretty simple

Man Jones still seemed so angry and like he was seething at the post fight press conference. He's one angry dude with a big chip on his shoulder. Didnt seem happy that he won the fight. What is making Jones such an angry young man?

I think a big portion of the [irrational] fans discredit his wins i.e: Too much reach, eye poking, too big, lost to Gus etc. I guess he wants to get back to training, beat Gus and silence the haters + Of course he really doesn't like DC as well.

Thing is, I'm not so sure he can beat Gus in a rematch. Time will tell.

Jones is a big spoiled child which explains why he always acts like big spoiled children do

I can relate more to his reaction than when fighters kiss and make up after the fight after months of trash talking.

They don't like each other and he was still all fired up. Pretty simple

He wasnt fired up, he was seething with hate after just soundly beating his rival and retaining his title. Jones seems to be getting to be a real dark guy the longer his fight career goes on.

I loved him at the presser. If anything, he won me over with how matter of fact and honest he was at the presser.

He basically said what he did, what he was going to do and that he was going to get even better. I think he was just mad that people doubted him and he proved everyone wrong yet again. It's like what else does he have to do at this point?

He probably wanted to knock him out. And he's Jones.

I can relate more to his reaction than when fighters kiss and make up after the fight after months of trash talking.

Im not saying he should make nice with DC but he looked like someone raped his sister.

It was a fight with a lot of emotion built up and his career was threatened pretty bad by DC so its not the most unreasonable thing...

When you have a lot of haters/doubters/detractors after your continued success, yeah it can piss you off.

He wants to maintain his mental focus and sharpen his dominance over his opponents.

Same here

Half the time is it like basically admitting it was all bullshit to sell wolf tickets

I don't mind when a legit fight raises the mutual respect and they squash the beef but why would anyone have a problem if after months of trashing each other as publicly and as personally as possible that somebody doesn't want to be friends after? It just shows you how few people that post have been in any fights let alone competitively. It isn't designed to be a friend-making activity.

Not to say I haven't experienced the mutual respect thing. But if I truly disliked to the verge of hating someone before the fight and didn't respect them as a person, why would that change? Jones said he respected DC as a fighter, that DC busted his lip and gave him a black eye and how do you not respect an athlete like that? but as a person he isn't friends with DC and doesn't want to be. I can't tell if this complaint by people is bullshit and they just want to latch onto anything they can and will stoop to feigned moral outrage or they actually don't get this. Pretty crazy either way IMO.

He is just more honest than a lot of fighters. Most fighters don't have enough of a distinct personality to say anything other than:

"great fight, my opponent was really good."

that's all you hear from these guys, Jones was great in the post fight presser. Cormier talked a lot of shit and didn't back it up, he should feel like a failure. This is the sport of fighting, there is no honor in what they do.

Same here

Half the time is it like basically admitting it was all bullshit to sell wolf tickets

I don't mind when a legit fight raises the mutual respect and they squash the beef but why would anyone have a problem if after months of trashing each other as publicly and as personally as possible that somebody doesn't want to be friends after? It just shows you how few people that post have been in any fights let alone competitively. It isn't designed to be a friend-making activity.

Not to say I haven't experienced the mutual respect thing. But if I truly disliked to the verge of hating someone before the fight and didn't respect them as a person, why would that change? Jones said he respected DC as a fighter, that DC busted his lip and gave him a black eye and how do you not respect an athlete like that? but as a person he isn't friends with DC and doesn't want to be. I can't tell if this complaint by people is bullshit and they just want to latch onto anything they can and will stoop to feigned moral outrage or they actually don't get this. Pretty crazy either way IMO.

It's not being friends, it's just that after a few rounds of hard fighting most people don't feel any negative emotions anymore, it's probably some kind of unconscious instinctive thing. Not Jones, apparently.

And it's not like he had some legit reason to dislike the guy, it was all a kind of "he said, she said" situation where their trash talk spun out of control.

He shoulda taunted DC when DC started crying.

Once again, im not saying he should like DC after the fight. Im just seeing Jones as a very angry, dark energy guy after winning a huge fight and retaining his title. He got no joy from the win. And Jones just seems to get more intense and dark as his career progresses. He's just a real angry dude.

You realize that DC has been talking shit about Jones for YEARS, right? You think that's going to evaporate as soon as he gets his hand raised?

He wasnt fired up, he was seething with hate after just soundly beating his rival and retaining his title. Jones seems to be getting to be a real dark guy the longer his fight career goes on.

Siege mentality.

It's lonely at the top and every hates you after a while. A lot of great managers/coaches in football are great at this.

If a team are dominant champions, they are OBVIOUSLY gonna be less hungry than those guys in 2nd place. To keep them motivated, they will adopt this approach. \

"FUCK EVERYONE"

It's not something you can turn on and off... It's what you become after a while. JBJ gets so much hate as it is. It doesn't surprise me at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back