Jones admitted to having poor endurance from powerlifting and weighing 220 lbs.

I remember when this original photo was uploaded, like a decade ago or something.

Their legs weren't cropped out, and you can see a VERY SIGNIFICANT difference...

Attachments

• 08C1362E-6B6A-4D27-806B-85EDBD4D25CD.jpeg
    08C1362E-6B6A-4D27-806B-85EDBD4D25CD.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 9
He's not a true HW? The guy makes HWs look small when he was fighting at LHW. Sure, he has skinny legs, but you don't need Tyrone Woodley's ass and legs to be a successful MMA fighter. The only reason Jones has been able to make LHW is due to his skinny legs, the rest of him is HW frame.

Jones Genetically is a very large man. Look at his 2 brothers. All Jones needed to do is start eating more and weight training to put on massive amounts of weight. He already had the frame for it.

Maybe he made changes in the way he bulks up so that his endurance doesn't have the same negative impact it did previously

I agree with this. It is very different when you don't have to cut in the same way. Fighters have poor endurance during fights partly due to the cuts. Their bodies were literally drained dry a couple of days before the fight. Not having to do that means different results.

Looking like a "stud" doesn't equate to good performance in the octagon, also that photo is with really good lighting and a pump

690.jpg

On the left Jon is lean, on the right Jon has no or very little more muscle than he does on the left... he is just fatter, and holding a lot more water

wait how do you know he’s holding more water in the other pic. Not debating, I just want to know how one can tell.

Wtf tell us more stories about Jon Jones and Jackson wink gym

Strangest time of my life. Showed up at Jacksons in December of 18 and stayed for the winter. When I arrived Jon was in camp for the second gus fight and Carlos was preparing for chiessa. There was only like 10-15 people in the gym for that first month because of the holidays so I got to know Jones and the gang pretty well. I have a bunch of stories from those times and some of them are pretty fucked up. All of the rumors of jacksonwink being dysfunctional and filled with dark energy are true. Jon was extremely nice to me but also scared the shit out of me. If you have any specific questions hit me up. overall though i learned a shit ton, made some great friends and wouldn't have done anything different

Funny how I've heard people say he's a weight and height bully. He's a natural LHW with skinny limbs and looks overweight at HW

You do realize you can gain muscle?

Peak lean body mass has most factors to height and frame.

Yes Jones was never a heavy LHW. He ranged from 215lbs to 224lbs during his LHW career

And in the time since even on roids there is no way all the mass he has gained is mostly muscle and functional. So I do agree that he should be impactes negatively

BUT being 217lbs in your early, mid and late 20s then adding 15lbs of muscle and 5lbs of fat is feasible. Considering Jones was never the strongest at LHW before

217lb+20lbs is a very dooable realistic bulk = 247lbs

Funny how I've heard people say he's a weight and height bully. He's a natural LHW with skinny limbs and looks overweight at HW

Most Heavyweights weigh around 240ish. That was Jone's walking weight. If he didn't bulk up he would still be able to hold his own against HW's. He would undoubtedly be a ranked fighter in the division and likely champion

If he’s got the technique it shouldn’t make any difference.

Cormier admitted he’s 5’9” and stomps through heavyweights with a spare tire around his midsection.

If Jones can’t, then that means his success has more to do with a size advantage than actual skill.

Looking like a "stud" doesn't equate to good performance in the octagon, also that photo is with really good lighting and a pump

690.jpg

On the left Jon is lean, on the right Jon has no or very little more muscle than he does on the left... he is just fatter, and holding a lot more water

You be surprised how many athletes dont know about proper elite dieting and cutting or lean bulking.

I bet you Jones sees his weight increasing and is seeing his PR #s increase and assumes it is mostly muscle and some little fat

But the reality is even with PEDs this

50lb weigjt gain cant in this short of a period be as much muscle as he thinks.

Alternatively he may also think he is gaining a lot of musxle and fat and then plans to cut. Most people think it is "smart" to bulk not so lean, gain the most weight wjile lifting hard and eating huge protein surpluses then they gain some fat then go on a cut. The issue is 1) they factuslly gain way less muscle than they expect during their dirty bulk or not so clean bulk

2) they gained a lot of fat and glycogen

3) when they do cut they do it too hard and lose fat of course but also muscle

Their end net result is a tired body that has more muscle but was put through a yoyo cycle that didnt need to happen to begin with...

I trained with Jon at Jacksonwink and he's the farthest thing from a natural lhw. I weighed 185 and it felt like being next to a literal giant

You think Jon is over 6'4?

Jon seems at least 6'5 to me. A guy who's 6'5 225ish lbs is gonna be giant compared to a 185lbs guy.

If he’s got the technique it shouldn’t make any difference.

Cormier admitted he’s 5’9” and stomps through heavyweights with a spare tire around his midsection.

If Jones can’t, then that means his success has more to do with a size advantage than actual skill.

DC is used to be the smaller guy, though. Jones is way too used to being the longer and taller guy.

I rank DC as the most skilled fighter of all time for this reason. He's 5'9 and fought very well in the heaviest division against guys who had 7 inches of height and 8 inches of reach.

"They don't lol, if they did they would all be fat, which they aren't"

Lmao okay bro that's enough, go have a protein shake

I don't think he needs to get quite that high but if he does it's because he is bulking.... Like every athlete that competes in a weight class sport does and then cuts down when they are closer to competition. You know, that thing literally every fighter does before a fight?
Lol all you guys that talk loads of shit can't get specific, and can't answer questions

Back