Jones admitted to having poor endurance from powerlifting and weighing 220 lbs.

I trained with Jon at Jacksonwink and he's the farthest thing from a natural lhw. I weighed 185 and it felt like being next to a literal giant
WW's are the "natural LHW", and some might be above 205lbs on a good day off-camp, MW's are next and some like Costa or Romero have fought over 205lbs so that would make them natural HW, the only "natural" fighters in MMA are the HW's, most dont cut to make 265lbs, current LHW's fight in the 220's range, just like Jones did, he might be taller than most, but still, every LHW is actually a small-ish HW cutting weight.

No, he looked like a stud at 230 lbs. He diets and avoids weightlifting to fight at LHW

jonny-bones-jones.jpg

yeah he just switches up his peds to avoid this size

You don’t need to bulk to gain muscle as a natty, that’s a myth. And Jon looks to have more BF than a lot of pro bodybuilders when they’re bulking lol. If he does cut back down to the same body fat he was at LHW, he will realize he has gained 0 muscle.

"You don’t need to bulk to gain muscle as a natty, that’s a myth."

Uhhhh no... It's especially apparent as a natty as you don't have the aid of PEDs to help with muscle growth and accelerated recovery that comes with them. You cannot show me a study that shows you can gain meaningful lean muscle mass in a caloric deficit where test subjects are not taking any extra "substances" or are genetic outliers. Exceptions would be if you are someone that has never weight trained before or are obese, which does not apply to Jon.

"And Jon looks to have more BF than a lot of pro bodybuilders when they’re bulking lol. If he does cut back down to the same body fat he was at LHW, he will realize he has gained 0 muscle."

Of course he has a higher BF than them, he's not taking anywhere near the amount of gear that pro bodybuilders are and doesn't share their genetics....

When you say you're a fan of bodybuilding/powerlifting, do you mean you follow youtubers and instagram models? Because you seem to not have any idea what you're talking about.

Looking like a "stud" doesn't equate to good performance in the octagon, also that photo is with really good lighting and a pump

690.jpg

On the left Jon is lean, on the right Jon has no or very little more muscle than he does on the left... he is just fatter, and holding a lot more water
I dunno man, I think he looks like hes carrying a lot more muscle on the right. That looks like a Freshman vs. Senior yearbook picture to me.

I mean right after the OSP fight he obliterated DC
You mean the one where he popped for steroids?

LOL!
Sherdog still hasnt figured out Jones is
"A natural HW scared to fight HW"
or
"A LHW scared to fight HW"

View attachment 881028
I think Jones' frame and weight are best suited for Light Heavyweight and it's his natural weight class; he has a huge torso but small legs, so people get the wrong impression about his size (Usman has the same thing). Jones was actually 216 lbs leading up to UFC 200 before he got popped for PEDs.

That being said, his overly sensitive ego has compelled him to talk about moving up to Heavyweight for the last nine years so that no one accuses him of being scared, but as soon as Ngannou became champ (and showcased improved wrestling), Jones priced himself out to save face and I think he's just waiting for Ngannou to lose the title before moving up (or Jones will ultimately just retire and use money as a scapegoat).

"You don’t need to bulk to gain muscle as a natty, that’s a myth."

Uhhhh no... It's especially apparent as a natty as you don't have the aid of PEDs to help with muscle growth and accelerated recovery that comes with them. You cannot show me a study that shows you can gain meaningful lean muscle mass in a caloric deficit where test subjects are not taking any extra "substances" or are genetic outliers. Exceptions would be if you are someone that has never weight trained before or are obese, which does not apply to Jon.

"And Jon looks to have more BF than a lot of pro bodybuilders when they’re bulking lol. If he does cut back down to the same body fat he was at LHW, he will realize he has gained 0 muscle."

Of course he has a higher BF than them, he's not taking anywhere near the amount of gear that pro bodybuilders are and doesn't share their genetics....

When you say you're a fan of bodybuilding/powerlifting, do you mean you follow youtubers and instagram models? Because you seem to not have any idea what you're talking about.
Yeah you need to be in a surplus... like a 500 calories surplus, not a 2000 calorie one. I assumed that's what you meant when you said bulk... obviously Jon is well beyond a calorie surplus, he doesn't even have visible abs

Lol natty bodybuilders would be included as well, do you somehow think the fatter you get the more muscle you put on? Yes you need to be maybe 10 or 12% BF rather than 8%, but you don't need to be 20% body fat lol

Ok I have no clue what I'm talking about, we will see if Jon comes to HW 260 lbs. of muscle and shredded... do you actually think that will happen?

Yeah you need to be in a surplus... like a 500 calories surplus, not a 2000 calorie one. I assumed that's what you meant when you said bulk... obviously Jon is well beyond a calorie surplus, he doesn't even have visible abs

Lol natty bodybuilders would be included as well, do you somehow think the fatter you get the more muscle you put on? Yes you need to be maybe 10 or 12% BF rather than 8%, but you don't need to be 20% body fat lol

Ok I have no clue what I'm talking about, we will see if Jon comes to HW 260 lbs. of muscle and shredded... do you actually think that will happen?

You might want to do some reading into why high level athletes have diets of 2000+ calorie surpluses...

No you don't have a clue "You don't have an eye for this sort of thing" lmao. What a retarded thing to say to someone when you have no real world experience in these industries. No I don't think Jon will come to heavyweight anywhere near 260lbs, which is why I said that in my first response to you.... You're not a good reader.

You might want to do some reading into why high level athletes have diets of 2000+ calorie surpluses...

No you don't have a clue "You don't have an eye for this sort of thing" lmao. What a retarded thing to say to someone when you have no real world experience in these industries. No I don't think Jon will come to heavyweight anywhere near 260lbs, which is why I said that in my first response to you.... You're not a good reader.
They don't lol, if they did they would all be fat, which they aren't

You aren't actually saying anything other than I don't know what I'm talking about, and you should read into this really general thing...

So how much muscle do you think he will actually gain?

And why do you think he needs to get to 275 lbs. to get to that weight? If it's "no where near 260" what?

You mean the one where he popped for steroids?

I think Jones' frame and weight are best suited for Light Heavyweight and it's his natural weight class; he has a huge torso but small legs, so people get the wrong impression about his size (Usman has the same thing). Jones was actually 216 lbs leading up to UFC 200 before he got popped for PEDs.

That being said, his overly sensitive ego has compelled him to talk about moving up to Heavyweight for the last nine years so that no one accuses him of being scared, but as soon as Ngannou became champ (and showcased improved wrestling), Jones priced himself out to save face and I think he's just waiting for Ngannou to lose the title before moving up (or Jones will ultimately just retire and use money as a scapegoat).

That's one the more persistent fantasies of Jones haters.

Hes been smart and practical about his fight career, which has contributed to him being perhaps the best ever.

The approach hes taking is really the most pragmatic possible which is likely to really upset his haters even more.

They don't lol, if they did they would all be fat, which they aren't

You aren't actually saying anything other than I don't know what I'm talking about, and you should read into this really general thing...

So how much muscle do you think he will actually gain?

And why do you think he needs to get to 275 lbs. to get to that weight? If it's "no where near 260" what?

"They don't lol, if they did they would all be fat, which they aren't"

Lmao okay bro that's enough, go have a protein shake

I don't think he needs to get quite that high but if he does it's because he is bulking.... Like every athlete that competes in a weight class sport does and then cuts down when they are closer to competition. You know, that thing literally every fighter does before a fight?

Looking like a "stud" doesn't equate to good performance in the octagon, also that photo is with really good lighting and a pump

690.jpg

On the left Jon is lean, on the right Jon has no or very little more muscle than he does on the left... he is just fatter, and holding a lot more water
He's fatter but he's definitely carrying more muscle on the right. You don't know what you're talking about

Nice pic, but we don't know how he will move at HW, he might move like Sapp FAWK . Also, his hand speed? Arlovski had tremendous hand speed at HW in his prime (even Fedor had problems with it), cause he was a natural hw and extremely talented one. Jones wasn't even too fast for LHW lately, so it brings a lot of concerns for his HW debut.
I think for the first time we will see Jones gassing out, maybe even in the seconds round. He will have a lot more power, but he will find out that others do too. He will probably be slow for a HW too compared to guys like Gane,Ganu, Stipe..
Also, people at HW will ALL want to take his scalp, cause Jones is the biggest undefeated name in the sport right now. So many killers lined up to make a name for themselves out of Jones.

Is Jon Jones even eligible to fight yet? Don’t be surprised if his next fight gets booked somewhere around march when it’s been about two years since his last appearance.

Big critic of Jones, but this is spot on.
If people wanna say that (some) of his opponents were not natural 205ers, that is fine, but Jones himself is *perfectly* suited for 205 and not a weight bully at all.

Height and reach bully IMO is by the way a stupid label. Sure, being long and tall helps, but i don't think it's fair to criticize fighters for "exploiting" that.
Weight bullies i understand criticisms, because though it's legal, it defeats the purpose of weightclasses.

That's why i'd love to have fighters actually weigh the same while being fully hydrated when they're in the cage.

According to fight night data, Jones is in the low 220s weight-wise. I believe 222.5 and 224.5 lbs in some of his recent fights. For reference, Paulo Costa was 214 lbs against Romero lol.

Jones doesn't even look that big for 205 anymore. Jiri looks huge. Jan looks thick as hell. Corey Anderson was 225lbs, I believe. And Rakic looks larger than Stipe does now. I really want to know Rakic's weight in the cage. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the low 230s.

Back