Jon Jones: "Would i even get points for KOing Chuck?"

Jones doesn't have KO power, Tyson does. Plus if they're using boxing gloves, Jones won't be able to extend his fingers. Also, Tyson wouldn't stay on the outside.
Now we're putting on boxing gloves??? This is a fight period. No gloves. Tyson getting no where near Jones. Do you think Tyson has some ridiculous magical power that no one in the ufc could ever possibly match or something? Get off Tysons nuts.

If Tyson came inside he would get Plummed and kneed into Bolivian.

Now we're putting on boxing gloves??? This is a fight period. No gloves. Tyson getting no where near Jones. Do you think Tyson has some ridiculous magical power that no one in the ufc could ever possibly match or something? Get off Tysons nuts.

Ok straight up fight standing,no gloves, Tyson still knocks him out. And I'm not even a Tyson fan. Although I do think he's hilarious now.

The light heavyweight division is so weak, I think it's actually feasible for Liddell to make a comeback and easily slide into the top ten.
  • Would probably beat Tom Lawlor and Tim Boetsch.
  • Could beat Lil' Nog and Cavalcante.
  • Rematches with Shogun and Evans are toss-ups.
  • I could even see him pulling off an upset against Bader or even Gustafsson (ala Rumble).
  • Then he would get mauled by either Jones, Cormier, or Rumble (imagine saying that in 2006 when Liddell was the light heavyweight champion and Rumble was a welterweight).

I hope it's a joke ?
I'm not even sure he would get past Boetsch at the end of his career, let alone now after a , the guy can't take a punch anymore..
He got knocked out thrice in a row and that had a five fucking years hiatus without fighting training..
How can anyone imagine him winning against any top 15 LHW ?

(Sigh) like I said before, Tyson would kill Jones STANDING.
Nope, he still wouldn't. Boxing is far too one dimensional. Jones would be able to keep him out of reach with teeps and side/spinning kicks as long as he wants, and Tyson wouldn't even get into range.
Someone like Hoost/Hari, sure, Jones is getting put out, but a boxer? They're way too limited to compete

Ok straight up fight standing,no gloves, Tyson still knocks him out. And I'm not even a Tyson fan. Although I do think he's hilarious now.
Seriously you need to get off them nuts. No where near. He's getting kicked at range and once he gets close, he's getting clinched and kneed all night. Tysons got power but like I said were nothing talking about a amateur fighting. Jon has felt power before. I think you believe Tyson had magic in his hands or something.

Chuck wasn't KOing everybody, he was fighting in a 2nd rate organisation. Even in his own time, he wasn't the best 205er in the world. Even if he was prime now, he wouldn't hang with Johnson, Cormier, Gustafson or Jones.
He was exciting, but probably the most overrated guy in the history of MMA

That's just the impression you have because it's happening NOW.

Nope, he still wouldn't. Boxing is far too one dimensional. Jones would be able to keep him out of reach with teeps and side/spinning kicks as long as he wants, and Tyson wouldn't even get into range.

IFWT_Tyson-x-Jones.png

Nah, Tyson would land eventually. And when he does Jones is going to sleep.

Seriously you need to get off them nuts. No where near. He's getting kicked at range and once he gets close, he's getting clinched and kneed all night. Tysons got power but like I said were nothing talking about a amateur fighting. Jon has felt power before. I think you believe Tyson had magic in his hands or something.

Lol Jones has never felt anything close to Tysons power.

That's just the impression you have because it's happening NOW.
Even at his peak he wasn't the best, in 2006 everyone knew Shogun was the best on the planet, and even prime Shogun wouldn't beat Jones

Jones was a little baby back in 2006 when Chuck Liddell was killing everybody.

Chuck would've knocked Jones the fuck out had they fought in that era.

It's a completely different era buddy. That's like saying Jones will knock out Mike Tyson, yeah only because they're fragile now.

If current Jones fought 2006 Chuck, he'd still beat him. Even 2011 Jones wins. Chuck wasn't invincible back then. He knocked out a few guys in a row, but he had some pretty weird/bad fights before and after that 2006 run.

He wouldn't be feeling it if he fought him either. Someone like Hoost who has than a left hand and a right hand would put him down, but if thats all you've got? Forget it

Actually he has. Tyson was never measured but was known to have around 15-1700 pounds of force on punching power by ppl who have been in the ring with him. Lots of fighters actually said he hit hard but others hit harder. It was often the accuracy of those punches.

FYI. Rampage was measured on sports science of having almost 1800 pounds of force punching power.

you sound like a fanboy
I don't even really like Jones, honestly thought Cormier would beat him, but you don't have to be a fanboy to say he'd beat Chuck, in the same way you don't have to be a fanboy to say RDA would beat Sherk. We're comparing the elite of now to the good of ten years ago. It just wouldn't be close

How would Tyson adjust to getting kicked from such distance. Dude 13.5 inch reach with just the arms. Do you know where Jones would be kicking from. And Tyson would be punching upwards the whole time. It wouldn't even be close man.

Bruh, I'm a big Jon Jones fan, I see him as the inevitable MMA GOAT, but in a standup only fight, Prime Mike Tyson would have no trouble closing in on Jon Jones or most any other MMA fighter LHW and up. His head movement, power, speed and explosiveness was legendary for a HW. Throwing strikes at Mike Tyson is dangerous as F*ck if you aren't an elite Boxer. Tyson would slip, step, close the distance and rip on strikes like this.

cormier%2Buppercut.gif

If that was Tyson's hands instead of DC, it would have been over. Doesn't even have to be to the head either, he can put HWs down with body shots just as easy. If Jon Jones could use his wrestling against Tyson, Jon Jones wins easy. But you take away grappling and it is no longer MMA, the chances of a KO artist Boxer like Tyson is very high at the point. I mean we all see how dangerous Rumble's hands are, Mike Tyson was a whole nother level of danger.

I hate to say it, but Jones destroys any kind of Chuck.

Bruh, I'm a big Jon Jones fan, I see him as the inevitable MMA GOAT, but in a standup only fight, Prime Mike Tyson would have no trouble closing in on Jon Jones or most any other MMA fighter LHW and up. His head movement, power, speed and explosiveness was legendary for a HW. Throwing strikes at Mike Tyson is dangerous as F*ck if you aren't an elite Boxer. Tyson would slip, step, close the distance and rip on strikes like this.

cormier%2Buppercut.gif

Doesn't even have to be to the head either, he can put HWs down with body shots just as easy. If Jon Jones could use his wrestling against Tyson, Jon Jones wins easy. But you take away grappling and it is no longer MMA, a KO artist Boxer like Tyson is very high at the point. I mean we all see how dangerous Rumble's hands are, Mike Tyson was a whole nother level of danger.
Tyson is able to that because there's no threat of knees and kicks. He's never had to defend against those and probably doesn't even know how to check. He would get obliterated at distance. 71 inch reach vs 84.5.

comparing them in their prime, jones would have destroyed chuck. Eaaaaaaasily.

Lmao Jones is the goat but he couldnt bust a grape. He would not ko Chuck. Even today's Chuck.

Back