Jon Jones: "Would i even get points for KOing Chuck?"

Welcome back for the 10th account, Joseph.
You guess about as well as you post. But no one can deny what fine job you've done with all those cute bells and whistles about you. Must have put a lot of thought and work into it. You should change your name to LOOKatME

Jones was a little baby back in 2006 when Chuck Liddell was killing everybody.

Chuck would've knocked Jones the fuck out had they fought in that era.

It's a completely different era buddy. That's like saying Jones will knock out Mike Tyson, yeah only because they're fragile now.

Prime Jones destroys prime Liddell.

why is he even saying this? did chuck say something, or is jones just trying to shift attention away from his criminal activity?

Chuck was saying that if he fought Jon Jones in his prime he'd give him trouble.

You guess about as well as you post. But no one can deny what fine job you've done with all those cute bells and whistles about you. Must have put a lot of thought and work into it. You should change your name to LOOKatME

You shouldn't have just changed your name to 'I B Gone Soon'.

See you in your next iteration. I appreciate your criticisms. They're as valid as your current account has been around.

Chuck wasn't KOing everybody, he was fighting in a 2nd rate organisation. Even in his own time, he wasn't the best 205er in the world. Even if he was prime now, he wouldn't hang with Johnson, Cormier, Gustafson or Jones.
He was exciting, but probably the most overrated guy in the history of MMA

I think you underrate Chuck a bit. He did beat Vitor standing, who beat Johnson. He'd also probably beat Gus, and have a good chance against Cormier - Gus gave Dan a tough time, and Chuck had similar TDD but hit harder. Jones is.. well, Jones.

It's a completely different era buddy. That's like saying Jones will knock out Mike Tyson, yeah only because they're fragile now.
I was literally about to write the exact same thing!!!!

Chuck wasn't KOing everybody, he was fighting in a 2nd rate organisation. Even in his own time, he wasn't the best 205er in the world. Even if he was prime now, he wouldn't hang with Johnson, Cormier, Gustafson or Jones.
Came to post this, thank you. Prime Chuck went to PRIDE and got his ass handed to him by Rampage. Rampage wasn't even the best LHW PRIDE had, so that should tell you something about how overrated prime Chuck is.

And I don't like Jones, but I can't blame him for this tweet. Chuck has said MANY times that he would beat Jon Jones, which is absolutely delusional. Jones is the best LHW in HISTORY of MMA while Chuck Liddel in his prime wasn't even the best LHW of the time lol.

You shouldn't have just changed your name to 'I B Gone Soon'.

See you in your next iteration. I appreciate your criticisms. They're as valid as your current account has been around.
Ouch, you really got me there. You haven't a clue who I am but I sure as hell remember you. So you should at least feel special about that.

True. Chuck is one of my favorite fighters ever but he just wasn't as good as todays elite LHW's. This happens in pretty much every sport.
The talent evolves, the training changes, the dynamics change. This is why it doesnt really make sense to compare old fighters to todays fighters.
If Chuck was fighting right now and was Jones's age he would most likely be training in a completely different way than he did when he was coming up.
Its like saying Babe Ruth wouldn't be the dominant hitter he was in the 1920's if he faced modern pitching. Babe would be training and practicing in a completely different way than he did when he was playing and he would be practicing against modern pitchers. If Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano were boxing today they would be training completely different with modern advancements etc....The talent was there but the advancements in training and the ability to absorb all the knowledge from all the past athletes wasnt at the level it is today. And thats how it will be forever. Athletes in all sports will keep getting better always. Yes I know there are freaks like Michael Jordan.

If Chuck was in his 20's and training today he would probably be a completely different fighter.

But if you are just looking at it from a prime vs prime standpoint. The Chuck that fought Vernon White and Renato Sobral would most likely get absolutely mauled today. He didnt really block punches. He was a beast for sure but you cant just absorb Jones spinning elbows and Rumble Right hands and DC uppercuts like you could absorb Randy Couture punches and Tito Ortiz punches

The light heavyweight division is so weak, I think it's actually feasible for Liddell to make a comeback and easily slide into the top ten.
  • Would probably beat Tom Lawlor and Tim Boetsch.
  • Could beat Lil' Nog and Cavalcante.
  • Rematches with Shogun and Evans are toss-ups.
  • I could even see him pulling off an upset against Bader or even Gustafsson (ala Rumble).
  • Then he would get mauled by either Jones, Cormier, or Rumble (imagine saying that in 2006 when Liddell was the light heavyweight champion and Rumble was a welterweight).

Gus and Bader would knock Chuck out in the 1st round. He'd be a sitting duck for those guys.

OK, probably ref stoppage, or win via exhaustion.

Chuck was saying that if he fought Jon Jones in his prime he'd give him trouble.

Ahhh, well, nothing wrong with that. I mean, whats he supposed to say, " jones woulda beat my ass in my prime".

That being said, jones most likely would have had little problems with prime chuck, but thats progression in the fight game as well. A lot has changed and it really isnt even fair to do these what ifs most of the time...

The fighters however cant be expected to aknowledge that someone else could have beaten a prime version of themselves.

why is he even saying this? did chuck say something, or is jones just trying to shift attention away from his criminal activity?
Chuck I believe had been recently making comments that in his prime he'd have found a way to beat Bones, by KO. All in all, it's just Chuck with that look in his eye talking here while remembering his glory days, and Bones should'be paid no mind to this at all. Apparently not though lol.

Had a prime chuck fought now and jbj k.o'd him well yea I think that's quite the accomplishment

What is it with these idiotic comparisons? First of all Jones is not a professional boxer so why would he engage in a boxing match why Mike?

Yeah, that era was so amazing. Like when Keith Jardine beat Chuck. And Rampage knocked him the fuck out.

Jon would murder Chuck during any era with 1 arm tied to his back.

Back