Jon Jones: "Would i even get points for KOing Chuck?"

Jones was a little baby back in 2006 when Chuck Liddell was killing everybody.

Chuck would've knocked Jones the fuck out had they fought in that era.

It's a completely different era buddy. That's like saying Jones will knock out Mike Tyson, yeah only because they're fragile now.
Triggeredv

Chuck wasn't KOing everybody, he was fighting in a 2nd rate organisation. Even in his own time, he wasn't the best 205er in the world. Even if he was prime now, he wouldn't hang with Johnson, Cormier, Gustafson or Jones.
He was exciting, but probably the most overrated guy in the history of MMA
QFT
The only thing really legendary this guy did was help bring the UFC into the mainstream as a coach on season 1 of TUF. The Babalu fights were pretty weak, Jeremy Horn came out of nowhere to fight for a title, the Couture fights were flukes, skull fucked him with a thumb the second time and then capitalized on a slip the third, the Ortiz fight was already after Ortiz was over, and every other fight was pretty much so so.

Some people, myself included, would say he actually lost the Belfort fight.

I would still watch Chuck vs Henderson or a rematch with Shogun at this point not gonna lie

It's a completely different era buddy. That's like saying Jones will knock out Mike Tyson, yeah only because they're fragile now.
Dude do you actually believe a prime chuck Would ko Jones? Chuck would die in the octagon in front of our eyes.

Points for what? It's the UFC, not @Midnight.

I think you underrate Chuck a bit. He did beat Vitor standing, who beat Johnson. He'd also probably beat Gus, and have a good chance against Cormier - Gus gave Dan a tough time, and Chuck had similar TDD but hit harder. Jones is.. well, Jones.
I dunno I think Gus has got better boxing than Chuck, and at least as good TDD, considering Jones has never had any trouble taking anyone down, but struggled majorly with Gustafson.

Whats the context of this question? Not sure why he is asking.

You're an idiot if you really believe that. Tyson would drop Jones with the first punch he lands.
You're an idiot if you think he'd even land one. Theres no way Tyson gets inside against Jones, and even if he could, he ends up flat on his back with no idea what to do

You're an idiot if you really believe that. Tyson would drop Jones with the first punch he lands.
Hahahahhahahahahahaahahah
Yea like James tones did to couture. Mike Tyson is 5'10 on a good day. Jones would have a 13.5 inch reach advantage. Lol. Tyson would get no where near him.

Except Chuck was just quoted a couple days ago saying he would still give Jones trouble. Chuck was making comments about fighting Chuck TODAY. Not when he was in his prime. So Jones is saying "If I KO'd chuck would I get credit for it? "

(Sigh) like I said before, Tyson would kill Jones STANDING.
If you're talking straight boxing then I'd agree. But if you're talking standing with all 4 limbs, Tyson would get hurt quickly in there.

Hahahahhahahahahahaahahah
Yea like James tones did to couture. Mike Tyson is 5'10 on a good day. Jones would have a 13.5 inch reach advantage. Lol. Tyson would get no where near him.

Uh Couture immediately shot for a TD on Toney and rightfully so. Straight up standing, Tyson kills Jones.

This is such a strange tweet, I wonder if it was real? People do make up fraud tweets these days.

Can anyone confirm it?

Was Jones talking to another user? Why is he saying this?
Yes it's real. Fans were tweeting him asking about Chucks comments about being able to give him problems if they fought today.

I'm talking straight up standing with no wrestling.
How would Tyson adjust to getting kicked from such distance. Dude 13.5 inch reach with just the arms. Do you know where Jones would be kicking from. And Tyson would be punching upwards the whole time. It wouldn't even be close man.

How would Tyson adjust to getting kicked from such distance. Dude 13.5 inch reach with just the arms. Do you know where Jones would be kicking from. And Tyson would be punching upwards the whole time. It wouldn't even be close man.

Jones doesn't have KO power, Tyson does. Plus if they're using boxing gloves, Jones won't be able to extend his fingers. Also, Tyson wouldn't stay on the outside.

Back