Jon jones "the problem was I concentrated too much on my boxing for this fight"

Jones will always ahve problems taking Gus down. All of Jones take downs originate off the clinch. His dragvand thorws are great but he doesn't posses a power double worth mention. Gus footwook and circling are very good and it is hard to get clinched with him.

To me it looked like Gus was circling to Jones right hand all night and many times with his own hands down but Jones never threw it. I was surprised. He played almost like someone would for Xbox. Spam head kicks and spinning elbows

Jon Jones problem is he thinks he's an all-around genius. After outwrestling Chael, he thought outboxing Gustaffson would be his natural path

Jon Jones problem is he thinks he's an all-around genius. After outwrestling Chael, he thought outboxing Gustaffson would be his natural path

In his defense. He outstruck the alleged best strikers in the division. Making one tap to strikes and dropping the others on their heads. So the confidence wasn't unwarranted

His boxing is poor, his overall striking works, but I can now see why his coaches advice him to stretch out his fingers and use knee teeps - he'd be flashy, yet a open target without them.

Bones was clearly still violently concussed when making that statement.

Boxing is Jones worst aspect. Have always said he lacked KO power and was often very hesitant when it comes to striking with his hands. Gustafsson lit him up with his hands, thank God Jones has great kicks and a nice spinning elbow.

Jon's best weapon is his elbow, by far. Then its his long legs which he can whip out pretty hard. His punches really don't look that effective

LOL what a BS excuse. No Jon, your problem was the fact that you couldn't take Gus down. You tried 12 times and only succeeded once remember?

LOL what a BS excuse. No Jon, your problem was the fact that you couldn't take Gus down. You tried 12 times and only succeeded once remember?

What excuse was there.

He is saying he should of practiced his wrestling rather than focusing on his striking and it showed.

It was a strange comment. He was throwing twice as many kicks.

To me it looked like Gus was circling to Jones right hand all night and many times with his own hands down but Jones never threw it. I was surprised. He played almost like someone would for Xbox. Spam head kicks and spinning elbows

Awesome because it's true.

honestly, I think he's just used to being longer than his opponent, and that his length helps with his throws and trips. But Gus was about his equal in size so he may not have felt like he had the same leverage in certain situations which may have led him to not really commit further.

I dunno though, never wrestled.

I have wrestled, it's a lot easier to get trips on people if you are much taller, it also helps to have stronger hips, Jones was shorter than Alex and has a weaker lower body. I thought Jones would have trouble with trying to wrestle Alex but not nearly as much as he did, Alex is clearly stronger than Jones and worked with Phil and some of the other wrestlers he works with on takedowns from the clinch a lot.

Alex was also able to drag Jones to the cage and stand right up when he did get taken down which showed just how strong his hips are. I don't think anyone in the division is as strong as Alex is.

if he got two to the arm for every time he flinched in this fight Gus would still be punching him

Back