Media Jon Jones tells Ariel Helwani he is NOT surprised that he's become the GOAT.

HW GOAT is the GOAT. Jon has been caught too many times too. I know most pro athletes are on something, blah blah blah, but damn dude, you should at least put in some effort to not get caught.

It makes me a person who's making a fair observation.

You know what's shameless? Calling yourself the GOAT when you have been caught with steroids 3x while being the biggest LHW in the sport and still ducking HW like a pussy.
He’s been penalized for steroids once in his career.

The GOAT discussion really just depends on how you rate Jones' USADA suspensions.

On paper, Jones has a better resume than anyone in the sport. But if you take USADA + what happened with Jones as a huge factor in his career, then that puts him behind GSP/Fedor/Silva

Sugar ray Robinson is considered the boxing goat in just about every poll. Often with no reference to p4p.

Somehow I still think that Ali would beat him...

Ariel Helwani: You know, people call you the GOAT, you are still at the top of your game, you are cleaning out the division, deep down in your heart, did you think it would turn out like this or are you even surprised by how good of a fighter you've become?

Jon Jones: Deep down inside, I did feel that I would be in the situation that I am now, and I am excited to see me ten years from now. I believe I still will be at the top of the sport. I've always had a very strong conviction that I could be the greatest ever, and sure enough ..

I agree with him, it is still exciting to see Jones evolve as a fighter despite him already being considered the greatest ever.

GOATs don't cheat or starve and dehydrate themselves to avoid fighting guys their own size. You are a good LHW but far from a great, overall.

Not in the polls.

Ali was voted The Greatest Athlete of the 20th century. Don't know what polls are you taking about.

Anyway, if we agree that Fedor would KO Jones stiff, but you think that Jones is better p4p, that's your opinion...

I love Jones, but I think he knows as much as everyone else, that to be top 3 goat, he needs to beat some top HWS.

I bet you're one of those morons who thinks Jose Aldo is still in his prime because hes 33.

Here is a news flash you fucking idiot, It's not your age it's how long you have been fighting unless you're a steroid abuser like Jon Jones and Dan Henderson who was feeling like a 25 year old at age 40 when he KOd Fedor.

Like I said, fat Americans who dwell in mid American basements shouldnt post about sports or martial arts.

Fedors prime was 2005. He lost to steroid guzzling Hendo in 2011...

Sooo angry with personal attacks.. I almost feel bad because you seem upset lol

Fedor got knocked the fuck out by a middle weight. That's a fact. Sorry man!

Ali was voted The Greatest Athlete of the 20th century. Don't know what polls are you taking about.

Anyway, if we agree that Fedor would KO Jones stiff, but you think that Jones is better p4p, that's your opinion...
Espn, ring magazine, sports illustrated...

I don’t know who would win between fedor and jones. Both have ways to win and strengths in different spots.

people act as if fedor at his best was some big knockout fighter. He wasn’t. People want to say he was already past his prime for arlovski then also use that fight to say he was a big knockout fighter in his prime.

Jones barely won a split decision against a kneeless middleweight journeyman. Many people believe that he lost that fight.

Many more people think he won, and he wasn't knocked the fuck out - he took it easy because he thought he had it. Tactical error, but he was obviously the better fighter.

He didn't get knocked the fuck out as a HW against a 40 year old middleweight.

Its a very well known fact that he is the GOAT at this point, any rational MMA fan agree with this statement.

Inb4 GSP fangirls

So....steroids don't matter? I'm confused. If Jones is the GOAT, then does that mean Lance Armstrong is the GOAT cyclist too?

Many more people think he won, and he wasn't knocked the fuck out - he took it easy because he thought he had it. Tactical error, but he was obviously the better fighter.

He didn't get knocked the fuck out as a HW against a 40 year old middleweight.

Henderson also got KTFO by Vitor twice and crushed as soon as he got off TRT. I'd like to have seen that fight again when Fedor was in his prime, and Dan was not using TRT. I have a feeling the results would be a different.

Why do you feel the need to lie about this? Henderson weighed 207 when they fought. I have no idea why this lie keeps getting told over and over again.

He weighed 207 because he didn't even cut any weight lol that is a MW bro. How is that a lie? Why are you so upset about that?

Espn, ring magazine, sports illustrated...

I don’t know who would win between fedor and jones. Both have ways to win and strengths in different spots.

people act as if fedor at his best was some big knockout fighter. He wasn’t. People want to say he was already past his prime for arlovski then also use that fight to say he was a big knockout fighter in his prime.

Yeah, interesting view... In his prime Fedor would usually rock you and than gnp or finish via submission... You dont rock prime Fujita and Mark Hunt unless you are a knockout puncher. Also rocked Mirko standing, also Mark Coleman. Many others were clearly tentative standing with him...

Henderson also got KTFO by Vitor twice and crushed as soon as he got off TRT. I'd like to have seen that fight again when Fedor was in his prime, and Dan was not using TRT. I have a feeling the results would be a different.

Too bad it only happened once and Fedor got flatlined by a middleweight.

Jon Jones: Deep down inside, I did feel that I would be in the situation that I am now, and I am excited to see me ten years from now. I believe I still will be at the top of the sport. I've always had a very strong conviction that I could be the greatest ever, and sure enough

Duh

giphy.gif

Back