Media Jon Jones tells Ariel Helwani he is NOT surprised that he's become the GOAT.

You seem dense. You can’t make an argument for anyone to be the goat without being able to compare them to other candidates. Nothing is stand alone. Is that hard to understand? If you say he’s not you need a better alternative.

You start by listing the achievements of the person you are arguing for.

You seem REALLY dense.

Name the top five elite opponents Jones beat.

Bruh, Jones was already coming into the fight injured and still beat your overrated Hero. So that's the best your hero could do is a close decision and still lose. FUCKING LOL. You Jones haters are so desperate you will take anything you can get, even if its a close decision, pathetic.

Now what is your excuse for your overrated hero Gus getting totally destroyed by Jones easily and effortlessly in their second fight?

I've already called Gus a gatekeeper in this thread, and i was a big JJ fan until he got busted multiple times for PEDs.Hewould have been banned for four years if it wasn't for the snitch clause.

That's no GOAT. That's an asterisk. Case closed.

I would bet pretty much every thing I own he will not still be at the top of the sport in another 10 years times. No way...especially not if USADA sticks around

I would bet pretty much every thing I own he will not still be at the top of the sport in another 10 years times. No way...especially not if USADA sticks around

Won't be at the top of the sport when he is 42? Oh, really going out on a limb there, man.

That makes sense and that could be the case. Or, he HAS to be cautious because of how good his opponents are as well. It could be one or the other or both.

I also think he has a lot more to lose now - the pressure of every fight is immense and everyone is gunning for his title and to give him his first legit loss. Everyone wants to be "that guy" who finally knocked JBJ off.
yeah. it is easy to dismiss how the pressure mounts with each victory.
Now he has to win, it is just expected of him, regardless of the opponent.

I think it must be a little bit of everything. After all, everything we said probably impacts him.
From age to the demands of his fans, his agents, sponsors, the UFC, etc....

Won't be at the top of the sport when he is 42? Oh, really going out on a limb there, man.
Maybe you arent great at reading but I was only responding to Jon's own prediction

Fedor has had the greatest career of any MMA fighter IMO - Jones could eclipse that, even with his PEDS usage. Though 'MMA' then was almost a different sport to what it is now.

Fedor is the GOAT of the wild west frontier of fighting, more dangerous, dynamic pride (or other) ruleset, fought under various rules and condition, various environments, round lengths, etc. starting in the era of anything goes as it moved towards everything becoming 'standardised' under the cage and unified system... this has made it more a 'competition' rather than a 'fight' compared to back then. And Fedor is STILL fighting at a high level.

Jones, perhaps GSP is the GOAT of the Unified/cage competition, but GSP has hung up the gloves and Jones has a little while yet to match the career of Fedor IMO, though he's closing in.

Back