Media Jon Jones tells Ariel Helwani he is NOT surprised that he's become the GOAT.

cdRpesUUHtG3n0sC1Ygm8jqT0krtnqtMTLm3WqtOlkM.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-2_15-33-12.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-2_15-33-12.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
Greatest ever.... but has multiple failed drug tests and multiple long-term USADA suspensions.... that puts a question mark on a lot of things. It’s really sad because I feel like Jon is the best martial artist on the planet and he didn’t need to take PEDs to help his case.

But I think he feared losing to DC so much that he and his team came up with a plan for when he would fail. The first time they fucked up the timing and was removed from the card on fight week. The second time they got the timing down and he popped after the fight was over.

Again it’s to bad and it’s funny how he’s only failed these tests against DC. The one opponent he really feared the most could potentially beat him and Jones took the cowards way out. For that & the fact that he honestly isn’t a good person at all based off of everything he’s done when he has a family at home. I’ll never respect him. But he is a great fighter regardless, I can’t take that from him.

Ariel Helwani: You know, people call you the GOAT, you are still at the top of your game, you are cleaning out the division, deep down in your heart, did you think it would turn out like this or are you even surprised by how good of a fighter you've become?

Jon Jones: Deep down inside, I did feel that I would be in the situation that I am now, and I am excited to see me ten years from now. I believe I still will be at the top of the sport. I've always had a very strong conviction that I could be the greatest ever, and sure enough ..

I agree with him, it is still exciting to see Jones evolve as a fighter despite him already being considered the greatest ever.

Too bad it only happened once and Fedor got flatlined by a middleweight.

Where did you read Henderson was a MW? I have no idea why you feel the need to lie about that. Show me the article that says he weighed in at 185 the night they fought.
I think you're just mad that Henderson got the shit beat out of him as soon as he got off TRT, was never a champion, and couldn't even beat Bispings sorry ass. Your obsession is very strange. I really don't get it.

Where did you read Henderson was a MW? I have no idea why you feel the need to lie about that. Show me the article that says he weighed in at 185 the night they fought.
I think you're just mad that Henderson got the shit beat out of him as soon as he got off TRT, was never a champion, and couldn't even beat Bispings sorry ass. Your obsession is very strange. I really don't get it.

I literally said nothing about Henderson outside that he KO'd Fedor cold as a much smaller man, and that is fact. Don't put words into my mouth lol

Greatest ever.... but has multiple failed drug tests and multiple long-term USADA suspensions.... that puts a question mark on a lot of things. It’s really sad because I feel like Jon is the best martial artist on the planet and he didn’t need to take PEDs to help his case.

But I think he feared losing to DC so much that he and his team came up with a plan for when he would fail. The first time they fucked up the timing and was removed from the card on fight week. The second time they got the timing down and he popped after the fight was over.

Again it’s to bad and it’s funny how he’s only failed these tests against DC. The one opponent he really feared the most could potentially beat him and Jones took the cowards way out. For that & the fact that he honestly isn’t a good person at all based off of everything he’s done when he has a family at home. I’ll never respect him. But he is a great fighter regardless, I can’t take that from him.

This is exactly the problem. How can a guy be a GOAT when you know he's cheated for most of his career? I'ts really strange. People just assume he'd have won all his fights if he were clean? That's a huge assumption.

This is exactly the problem. How can a guy be a GOAT when you know he's cheated for most of his career? I'ts really strange. People just assume he'd have won all his fights if he were clean? That's a huge assumption.
Yeah because all of Jones opponents were clean...

You must've forgotten Jones ragdolling the likes of Bonnar, Chael, OSP, TRT Vitor, Machida ...

Yeah, interesting view... In his prime Fedor would usually rock you and than gnp or finish via submission... You dont rock prime Fujita and Mark Hunt unless you are a knockout puncher. Also rocked Mirko standing, also Mark Coleman. Many others were clearly tentative standing with him...
I don’t remember him rocking hunt or mirko. Neither were close to being finished on the feet.

Jones and anyone else who thinks hes the GOAT is delusional.

You cant get caught with roids 3 different times and duck HW like a pussy and still be considered the GOAT.

Jones will always be a cheating chump compared to the likes of the reel GOAT Fedor.
I find it amusing that he ducks HW and criticizes Israel for not immediately jumping ship to LHW.

Ariel Helwani: You know, people call you the GOAT, you are still at the top of your game, you are cleaning out the division, deep down in your heart, did you think it would turn out like this or are you even surprised by how good of a fighter you've become?

Jon Jones: Deep down inside, I did feel that I would be in the situation that I am now, and I am excited to see me ten years from now. I believe I still will be at the top of the sport. I've always had a very strong conviction that I could be the greatest ever, and sure enough ..

I agree with him, it is still exciting to see Jones evolve as a fighter despite him already being considered the greatest ever.

then you are blind.
Jon's last performances were far from the dominant (coke induced) fighter that beat DC (the first time).
Since OSP, he has been flat.
And when he got good victories (i.e. DC, he was on PED/dick pill)...

Heck, his last fight was against a guy who had no knees and he run from him!!!
Old Jones would destroy him!

Yeah because all of Jones opponents were clean...

You must've forgotten Jones ragdolling the likes of Bonnar, Chael, OSP, TRT Vitor, Machida ...

Well, if all the fighters in the UFC are dirty, then you have a point. Is that why you think he's the GOAT? I mean, I have no idea how many fighters are dirty in the UFC.

Jones has already beaten HW DC

DC is over 235 lbs at LHW whereas Jones is at most 222 lbs(there is footage of him at 216 lbs)

So yeah DC was pretty much 15 lbs heavier than Jones in the octagon
DC is still affected by the weight cut though. If Jones was confident enough to beat HW DC then he'd fight him AT HEAVYWEIGHT.

then you are blind.
Jon's last performances were far from the dominant (coke induced) fighter that beat DC (the first time).
Since OSP, he has been flat.
And when he got good victories (i.e. DC, he was on PED/dick pill)...

Heck, his last fight was against a guy who had no knees and he run from him!!!
Old Jones would destroy him!

He was flat when he fucking destroyed Gus and finished him? When he dominated Anthony Smith from start to finish?

He had 1 bad fight so far against Santos and he was never in danger in that fight, he just didn't push hard enough. That is literally all you got.

Sooo angry with personal attacks.. I almost feel bad because you seem upset lol

Fedor got knocked the fuck out by a middle weight. That's a fact. Sorry man!
hmmm... If your narrative is that Hendo was a natural MW, that´s a hespectable assessment.
But then you have to consider that Fedor was not a legit HW either, realistically.

Meanwhile, Hendo was not [mainly] a MW, career-wise.

Kindah tricky, wont ya agree, mate?

Last edited:
Its a very well known fact that he is the GOAT at this point, any rational MMA fan agree with this statement.

Inb4 GSP fangirls

What is a well-known fact is that all the people who claim he's the GOAT cannot except that fact that steroids actually make a fighter much better, and Jones has been on steroids most of his career.

He was flat when he fucking destroyed Gus and finished him? When he dominated Anthony Smith from start to finish?

He had 1 bad fight so far against Santos and he was never in danger in that fight, he just didn't push hard enough. That is literally all you got.
no, that's not.
Gus had already checked out. he was talking about retirement before Jon's fight.
Anthony Smith? LOL
That actually proves my point.
A journeyman at the division below that should have NEVER gone the distance, and yet he took Jon to a decision.
Old Jon jones would end the fight in 1 round.

And let us not even touch this "picogram" subject that only Jon can get positive tests and yet fight like nothing happened..

He weighed 207 because he didn't even cut any weight lol that is a MW bro. How is that a lie? Why are you so upset about that?

He's a natural LHW. He's even admitted that before. He moved back up because he was tired of losing at MW. Don't you remember? The problem was, he had to face guys like Cormier, who were much more dangerous than anybody at MW.

I literally said nothing about Henderson outside that he KO'd Fedor cold as a much smaller man, and that is fact. Don't put words into my mouth lol

Dude...you have issues. You clearly said he got KTFO'd by a MW. You said it multiple times.

I hate Jones as a person. Think the guy is a POS.

With that said there is no doubt in my mind he is the goat. The guy is so dominant it’s ridiculous. He has never lost. Run off a crazy amount of wins against top talent. Cleaned his division out x2. Even his “close” fights aren’t that close. He’s just so good that anytime someone is competitive with him people are shocked. And to top it all of he beats most people at their own game.
You know who is a guy who is a good person and continually does good? Never cheated on his wife and punched old people...
McGregorMandelSherdog2.jpg

Back