Jon Jones Takes Plea Deal in Drag Racing Case

Thursday’s plea deal, first reported by TMZ Sports and later confirmed by the court, pleaded guilty to Unlawful Use of Modification of Exhaust System and Improper Display of Registration Plate. The other charges were thrown out.

Jones was pulled over by Albuquerque, N.M. police on March 24 and issued five citations. The citations included Unlawful Drag Racing and Other Competitive Racing, Unlawful Exhibition Driving, Unlawful Use of Modification of Exhaust System, Failure to Maintain Traffic Lane, and Improper Display of Registration Plate.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-...ng-case?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What a surprise! Told you that cop was a dumb piece of shit

200w.gif

Don't understand how a plea deal works I'm guessing.
I literally posted the only pertinent information regarding the deal. The drag racing charges were thrown out, that's a fact.

Way to fail a real hard attempt at sounding smart and making someone else sound dumb.

Ordered to complete an aggressive driving course...that sounds like a bad ass racing course lol.

there is some justice in this world.
that cop should be fired imo

I literally posted the only pertinent information regarding the deal. The drag racing charges were thrown out, that's a fact.

Way to fail a real hard attempt at sounding smart and making someone else sound dumb.
No, i stated you don't know how a plea deal works, which is apparent.

You reach an agreement on punishment and in return they dismiss other charges. That's the way it works. If he hadn't accepted the deal he would have gone to trial on all charges.

I'm not trying to make you feel dumb, that's just how the legal system operates.

Why doesn't Jones just say f*** this country and go to Rizin or OneFC? Crush cans for the remainder of his career and get paid. Plus since he doesn't speak Korean or Japanese the fans there won't know he is kind of a douche, they will just think he is a great fighter like Beast Sappu!

Cop was power tripping.

My :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Jones free, fuck the opression. Also since his USADA hearing still hasnt been scheduled, it means Malki Kawa managed to finesse the situation and find a supplement like he did with Romero. Jones gonna get 6 months and be back.

You reach an agreement on punishment and in return they dismiss other charges. That's the way it works. If he hadn't accepted the deal he would have gone to trial on all charges.

I'm not trying to make you feel dumb, that's just how the legal system operates.
Jesus Christ, based on this post you actually read my thread title and OP, good job!

Fucking racis.... Wait, never mind. Everything is as it should be. Nice.

Hopefully Jones gets the suspension reduced to 6 months and gets back in there to smash people. 2 years is too fucking long without seeing the greatest fighter of all time in action.

Jesus Christ, based on this post you actually read my thread title and OP, good job!
Wow, my response was because you called the cop a dumb piece of shit. If Jones wasn't guilty he would not have accepted a plea. Just because he did doesn't verify the cop was wrong or dumb. If anything it means his lawyers felt that they couldnt beat those charges in a trial.

Also they don't offer a deal if they believe they can get a conviction on the other charges. A justice or prosecutor will typically do what's best for them when offering a deal. They will present it as the best option for you fact is in a lot of cases based on cost it may be. I'm not challenging they reasons you may offer deals as I don't know you; I'm only stating what is usually done.

You did a fine job of making yourself look dumb without him. Obviously you do not understand how plea deals work.

Also they don't offer a deal if they believe they can get a conviction on the other charges. A justice or prosecutor will typically do what's best for them when offering a deal. They will present it as the best option for you fact is in a lot of cases based on cost it may be. I'm not challenging they reasons you may offer deals as I don't know you; I'm only stating what is usually done.
It goes both ways for sure. I have a hard time believing Jones high powered lawyers would accept a plea if there was a good chance of a not guilty verdict.

Back