Jon Jones Takes Plea Deal in Drag Racing Case

not a jones fan at all, but i'm happy to hear this.

from the video that cop clearly had an agenda, glad charges were thrown out, though you can be sure that the cop see's no supplemental discipline

Ever see a new Corvette drag race but not exceed 30 mph? Me neither.... It does 0-30 in 1.6 seconds, not sure that is a drag race by any measure. Yet the cop claims the other "racer" slowed down, that is just not possible in that time.

Wow, my response was because you called the cop a dumb piece of shit. If Jones wasn't guilty he would not have accepted a plea. Just because he did doesn't verify the cop was wrong or dumb. If anything it means his lawyers felt that they couldnt beat those charges in a trial.

i see someone doesn't understand how the system works... :rolleyes:

Ever see a new Corvette drag race but not exceed 30 mph? Me neither.... It does 0-30 in 1.6 seconds, not sure that is a drag race by any measure. Yet the cop claims the other "racer" slowed down, that is just not possible in that time.

only when a black guy was driving

Last edited:
It goes both ways for sure. I have a hard time believing Jones high powered lawyers would accept a plea if there was a good chance of a not guilty verdict.
Very good point/argument. Thank you. I won't even contest it. I would just say that in this case I would think it's because he has already recently been to court on traffic violations stemming from moving violations so he won't look great in the eyes of any judge trying the case so they will look very hard for sticking points to get him with. 6 charges for revving your engine at a light is simply so if 1, 2, or 3 doesn't pan out you still have 4, 5 and 6. This is also a case where if he goes to trial and wins the money is still spent. You would have to think taking the deal is the best way especially considering his lawyers probably aren't very cheap.

Jones next record will be "most times stripped of title"

Still winning and staying a step ahead of the law. He's got momentum going into the USADA case.

He supposedly has Howard L. Jacobs as his attorney. The best attorney around for handling a case such as this. They will claim tainted supplement it seems. If he gets only 6 months, he could be eligible to fight by the Spring. Maybe earlier if they give him time served.

Last edited:
200.gif
Anybody ever edited this gif to play in reverse? Sure would be useful around here...

He was fined 143$.

Wow.

Not sure he can afford it. Maybe Sherdoggers should chip in for the fine?

Say what you want about Jones but the cop who put him in this particular situation is a douchebag, it is bullshit he is having to deal with all these issues because some guy was on a power trip when he revved his engine

I'm not a fan of Jones inside or outside of the octagon, but I 100% agree with this. Revving engines ain't exactly crime of the century.

Back