Jon Jones' reach is now 0.63 inches longer than Struve's

Of course Jones reach has magically spurted up yet again.

It's pretty frustrating actually that they do this.

Height and reach are just as important statistics as weight. They don't lie to us about weight, we get to see them weigh in.

So don't lie to us about everything else.

My opinion is we are lied to about weight every single fight because they don't have fighters step on a scale as they enter the Octagon. We should have a fight weight stat like boxing.

Hell we still see padded records occasionally. Look at Nikita Krylov The UFC presented him as an undefeated fighter despite losing two fights to the same man before losing in the UFC in his debut. They cannot even get fighter's records correct which is pretty pathetic.

Last edited:
I make up my own mind about height and reach when the fight starts. Fuck paying any attention to the UFC stats.

Exaggerating size always worked for pro wrestling so why not the UFC?

Kinda dumb idea to exaggerate Jon's reach imo, they obv want him to be the posterboy of the UFC but by doing this you are only going to gave people more material to hate on.

He was probably cutting reach in his last fight so he can shutup the critics. Not so much for this fight

ibq9ILn0olWvfj.gif

According to the last video "blog" of Alex, they remeasured and Jones was 83 and Alex was 79.
It's weird that it can fluctuate so much.

We only get see that they made weight. We don't know anything about what these guys actually weigh during the fight, which is what matters.

Actually, you're wrong. Since they both agreed to weigh in the day before, it's the weight at the weigh-ins that matters. That agreement makes cutting part of the game, whether you'd prefer it wasn't or not.

Kinda dumb idea to exaggerate Jon's reach imo, they obv want him to be the posterboy of the UFC but by doing this you are only going to gave people more material to hate on.

thats what i was thinking, I thought they would boost gus' and lower jones

And when it comes to measurements, it's simply not true that people's height is some static, fixed number. It fluctuates a fair amount even during the same day. I don't know whether the same things is true of "reach", but the taller you are, the more your height varies.

I know we all like to think of ourselves as a specific height, but in reality the difference can be up to an inch for an average height person between morning and evening. I'm fairly sure they exaggerated Carwin's height, but a lot of these supposed kayfabes are probably due to natural variance, sloppy measuring and human error. Oh, and altitude plays some part as well.

...or why they don't just measure arm length and leg length. I love how Rogan is always going on about how they need some kind of system for measuring "leg reach" when HD net/Axs TV has been showing leg measurements for years on low rent MMA shows.

For all the stuff that Zuffa does right, there's a bunch of shit that they're behind the curve on for no intelligible reason.

In kickboxing they don't show leg length, seems like a silly thing to be asking for given everything else they should be looking at fixing.

Idk man. Dude's got long ass arms but idk if he has a damn 7'1"+ reach.

...or why they don't just measure arm length and leg length. I love how Rogan is always going on about how they need some kind of system for measuring "leg reach" when HD net/Axs TV has been showing leg measurements for years on low rent MMA shows.

For all the stuff that Zuffa does right, there's a bunch of shit that they're behind the curve on for no intelligible reason.

I agree wih you about showing leg reach. I enjoy that aspect of the AXS cards.

Back