Jon Jones' reach is now 0.63 inches longer than Struve's

It's pretty frustrating actually that they do this.

Height and reach are just as important statistics as weight. They don't lie to us about weight, we get to see them weigh in.

So don't lie to us about everything else.

We only get see that they made weight. We don't know anything about what these guys actually weigh during the fight, which is what matters.

Two guys can have similar weight on the official scales and be nowhere near each other come fight time.

5aay.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Gus had around the same reach as Shogun and I'm pretty sure that's 76". He too must too have been cutting reach all along.

I still don't know why they don't just call "reach" "wingspan"

Carwin cuts height lmao

I still don't know why they don't just call "reach" "wingspan"

...or why they don't just measure arm length and leg length. I love how Rogan is always going on about how they need some kind of system for measuring "leg reach" when HD net/Axs TV has been showing leg measurements for years on low rent MMA shows.

For all the stuff that Zuffa does right, there's a bunch of shit that they're behind the curve on for no intelligible reason.

Don't care, proud bones hater. As a fighter his skillset is amazing, his physical prowess is just as amazing. I just do not like him as a person, but not to a actual hate, i hope he has a long good fighting career i like watching him fight, i believe once he loses he'll have a different outlook and thats all i want.

The shit he talks is nonsense most of the time, he fighter bashes all the time and it is just an ugly look for him. Once he loses i'll probably like him more.

He gets hate like any successful black guy does in amercia. How does he come across so badly to you? Compared to so many of the other tuf coaches he came across very well IMO. For his abilities he's not even arrogant, it's just stupid the hate.

Weight at weigh-in is one of the most stats they always post!

Why don't they post their punching & kicking PSI.

But at least they don't give their college name like the NFL. (Who gives a flying f-k?!)

He gets hate like any successful black guy does in amercia. How does he come across so badly to you? Compared to so many of the other tuf coaches he came across very well IMO. For his abilities he's not even arrogant, it's just stupid the hate.

"DUI, snitch, said that he could be Shogun after he was scheduled to fight him, walks around with a smug look on his face, throws shoes to crowd while arrogantly making everybody wait for him to weigh in etc, etc, etc,...."

-MMA Fans

Last edited:
I think Jones' reach is what will eventually be his downfall. I have been curious for a while now as to what happens when someone gets right up in Bones' face with the ability to stop the takedown while working a close range offense. His whole striking style relies on his length. So, what happens when someone figures out how to negate that?

I think Jones' reach is what will eventually be his downfall. I have been curious for a while now as to what happens when someone gets right up in Bones' face with the ability to stop the takedown while working a close range offense. His whole striking style relies on his length. So, what happens when someone figures out how to negate that?

They probably have to figure how to negate his elbows and knees from the clinch and his chokes.

Dana's growing boys....

He must be proud.

Gus put on nearly 5 inches of reach. He must be training with Dhalsim.

Jones with a 90 inch reach by 2016!

I don't trust the UFC stats. I'm wondering what will happen if they start remeasuring the reach of the HWs now. I'm guessing some of them who's reach was under 80 will now be over 80.

Got a longer reach than Nikolai Valuev now. That's impressive.

Valuev%20jab.jpg

Its irrelevant but its still a weirdly WWE thing to do, like calling the Big Show 500lbs.

Back