Media Jon Jones just tweeted this No Stipe fight.

well....as good as Jones is (and he is)..... Daniel Cormier, his arch-nemesis won the title at LHW, and then went back to HW and won it there too. Which, considering Cormier is literally 5'9" tall (he is not taller than that, trust me) is an amazing feat.

I have no doubts about Jones' skill and accomplishments at LHW but....if he is so superior and he is 6'4" tall, he should easily be able to move up to HW (happy days no more weight cuts!!!) and show us all how good he really is. IF he was actually confident of winning against basically any HW and I simply do not think he IS confident.
- I think he is scared of losing his undefeated record (let's ignore the Matt Hamill thing, ok) and he has deliberately asked for an unpayable amount of money (if the reports are true, they're probably close enough) to fight Ngannou as he doesn't ACTUALLY WANT to fight Ngannou. And now....he has said "nope I ain't fighting Stipe".

So...WHAT is the plan Jon?? an all-time great does not go out and pick some 5-2 opponent to demonstrate how great he is.

One difference there is Cormier had already fought somewhere between half and a dozen HW fights earlier in his career. Jones will go into HW with only his training experience at that weight.

Him fighting for anything less than the undisputed title would be a disgrace. Suggesting he should fight anyone other than the current world champion is laughable.

Anyone supporting anything other than Jones-Francis next is supporting Uncle Dana's Mandingo Farm.

4a6b0664d6f9c4355a4d28215d837f1e.gif

No chance, we've already seen what a flop looks like when guys move up a weight class for superfights and essentially waste everyones time including the guys like Lewis and Glover who already ran the gauntlet and properly earned their title shot.

I'm done with the unearned gifts from Uncle Dana and his Disney overlords who will sell their own grandmas down the river to appease casuals who will pay any crazy fee to watch these "super" fights. If anything Jones owes us the hardcores at least one warmup fight considering how long (about 10 years) he's been balking at a chance to finally move up to HW

Nice cover up for not paying Jones vs Francis. Nobody wants to see bum Stipe.

At this point I just feel like Jones is probably just giving himself time to get off the juice. He hasn't fought in 15 months with no bout in site.

.... Except for the fact that fighters get tested regardless of whether they fight. The only way the testing stops is if you exit the testing group. In that case you can't fight for a time period after you become active again. If he did that it wouldn't be able to stay secret.

WHen he said daddy is coming home and then continued to slide further away from the division, I began to feel bad for his family. He probably told them daddy would be home, got them all excited but got distracted shooting at homeless and then had a car accident on the way home.

We suffer as fans, but his family gets it worse.

One difference there is Cormier had already fought somewhere between half and a dozen HW fights earlier in his career. Jones will go into HW with only his training experience at that weight.
that is quite true, yes indeed Cormier started at HW and beat a lot of good HW's.

I'm really not trying to bash Jon Jones here (I know it may appear that way a bit) but in reality i just wanna see him FIGHT. He is very good and I enjoy his fights and they're just too infrequent at the moment. Whatever he decides to do, I hope he gets on with it, and doesn't use "not enough money" as his mantra for why he isn't fighting. End of the day, we're all MMA fans and we want to see these legends actually commit to a fight and go through with it.

Since July 2019.....he has fought only ONCE. It's coming up to two years now and just one fight. It's a bit sad.

Last edited:
that is quite true, yes indeed Cormier started at HW and beat a lot of good HW's.

I'm really not trying to bash Jon Jones here (I know it may appear that way a bit) but in reality i just wanna see him FIGHT. He is very good and I enjoy his fights and they're just too infrequent at the moment. Whatever he decides to do, I hope he gets on with it, and doesn't use "not enough money" as he mantra for why he isn't fighting. End of the day, we're all MMA fans and we want to see these legends actually commit to a fight and go through with it.

Since July 2019.....he has fought only ONCE. It's coming up to two years now and just one fight. Sad.

Your posts seem realistic. We have to filter out all the drama queen hater posts which sometimes makes it harder to judge the posts where someone has an honest opinion. lol.

Some people also think I am a fan of Jon Jones because I defend him. I just like to see him fight. I don't care about any fighters' personal life. I also like to see valid opinions of his fighting or plans to fight but it is hard to find on Sherdog.

Jones is scared.

He ran from Reyes who pushed his shit in.

I'd bet my soul itself that Jones vs Stipe would have happened already if Stipe beat Ngannou.

Jones is a scared man.
got the fuck out of here creyes is a nobody

Jones is scared.

He ran from Reyes who pushed his shit in.

I'd bet my soul itself that Jones vs Stipe would have happened already if Stipe beat Ngannou.

Jones is a scared man.
Lost a decision equals "pushed his shit in"

Just tell Jonny he's allowed to take his dick pills if he fights Franc or Stipe

Why doesn't Jones wanna fight Stipe? Prove he is one of the all-time greats?
Scared of losing Jon? Still asking for silly money that you know very well they're not going to pay you?

Jon Jones is never going to fight Ngannou and it doesn't much sound like he wants to fight Stipe. who DOES he want to fight??? A Contender series HW newbie??

I agree with you.

I have more than $500,000 in the bank, and I would bet it all that Stipe would outclass, and out-gut, Jones in the trenches.

I don't think that Jones could last a full fight with Stipe. He's too skinny and too fragile.

Him fighting for anything less than the undisputed title would be a disgrace. Suggesting he should fight anyone other than the current world champion is laughable.

Anyone supporting anything other than Jones-Francis next is supporting Uncle Dana's Mandingo Farm.

4a6b0664d6f9c4355a4d28215d837f1e.gif
Slap yourself in the face. He's not fighting Frank, not now not ever.

Back