Media Jon Jones just tweeted this No Stipe fight.

I would love to see that fight. Stipe takes away all of Jones usual height and reach advantage. Their wrestling cancels out each other, so it would be a striking contest. Stipe has better hands, while Jon is the better kicker. Stipe has the power to KO Jon as well. Leaning 60/40 Stipe

Why doesn't Jones wanna fight Stipe? Prove he is one of the all-time greats?
Scared of losing Jon? Still asking for silly money that you know very well they're not going to pay you?

Jon Jones is never going to fight Ngannou and it doesn't much sound like he wants to fight Stipe. who DOES he want to fight??? A Contender series HW newbie??

He wants to fight for the belt, he's since also Tweeted after he takes the HW belt he'd gladly fight Stipe if Stipe has a title shot coming. Now he might be talking out his ass, I dunno.

Why didn't stipe get the trilogy?
A bunch of reasons probably. Stipe's wife is pregnant, probably due in August or September. Plus if he thinks he needs to bulk up to 250 to beat Francis, that takes time. So Stipe isn't fighting this summer.

Also, today is the 4-year anniversary of the last time Stipe fought someone other than DC or Francis. Would the UFC really want to hold up the division by running this back so soon? What do you do if Stipe wins, book Stipe-Francis IV?

A bunch of reasons probably. Stipe's wife is pregnant, probably due in August or September. Plus if he thinks he needs to bulk up to 250 to beat Francis, that takes time. So Stipe isn't fighting this summer.

Also, today is the 4-year anniversary of the last time Stipe fought someone other than DC or Francis. Would the UFC really want to hold up the division by running this back so soon? What do you do if Stipe wins, book Stipe-Francis IV?

Is Stipe's wife pregnant or Stipe? I'm certain a warrior named Khabib fought Barboza the night his wife gave birth to his child.

I'm not that interested in seeing him fight Stipe unless it's for a title.

TBH, neither have much to gain from that fight while the fight that would inevitably come after it is the one they are both lobbying for right now.

I think also Stipe V Frank is the fight to see now... so I see Jones V Frank as the fight to make.

Not even gonna get in to Lewis

Who was getting excited about him vs Stipe?

Stipe is done and Jon is a boring point fighter now

Back