Media Jon Jones just tweeted this No Stipe fight.

I can see Jon Jones becoming a Nick Diaz type fighter where all we get are teases and maybe a fight or three before they're really done. Jones really doesnt seem to want Ngannou after the stipe KO. I think Jones could beat him too. He obviously deserves a title shot right away though.

Because he wasn't to just right at the Champ. Bones doesn't take second place.

I agree with you.

I have more than $500,000 in the bank, and I would bet it all that Stipe would outclass, and out-gut, Jones in the trenches.

I don't think that Jones could last a full fight with Stipe. He's too skinny and too fragile.
It's certainly a very interesting fight. (if it happened).
Stipe is about the same height as Jon and he has said that he is bulking back up from his current fight-weight and I think Stipe Miocic would sign for that fight in a heartbeat. I hope that at some point we DO get to see that : Jones at HW fighting the former HW champion. That will tell us a lot about Jones' current ability to deal with bigger fighters and all that stuff that goes with it. Jones seems to not do so great with taller opponents.

I hope UFC can get that done. Just pay Jones enough to make that fight, everyone would BIG TIME watch that fight. And Stipe would be very motivated coming off his recent loss to Ngannou.

Dana giving the fans what they want as usual - liking Bellator more and more.

Jones deserves fight for the belt not the lewis who got manhandled like a little girl by 5'8 cormier

Bull! If he beats any top ten HW first then he deserves it. He is COMPLETELY unproven at HW. Especially to be demanding 30 million. Get a frikken clue!

One more thing : it's abundantly clear now from multiple statements from Dana that it's really up to Hunter Campbell to talk Jon Jones into a new fight / new deal. Hunter Campbell is point-man for the UFC for all Jon Jones stuff.

It's certainly a very interesting fight. (if it happened).
Stipe is about the same height as Jon and he has said that he is bulking back up from his current fight-weight and I think Stipe Miocic would sign for that fight in a heartbeat. I hope that at some point we DO get to see that : Jones at HW fighting the former HW champion. That will tell us a lot about Jones' current ability to deal with bigger fighters and all that stuff that goes with it. Jones seems to not do so great with taller opponents.

I hope UFC can get that done. Just pay Jones enough to make that fight, everyone would BIG TIME watch that fight. And Stipe would be very motivated coming off his recent loss to Ngannou.

Agreed :D

I thought Jon would go through with it but if he really wanted to fight a heavy weight it would have already been booked, he was fine fighting at LHW for 1000% less pay than what he wants at HW.
He's just showing lack of motivation and confidence to compete with the big guys.

Even though Ngannou/Jones is probably the biggest fight the UFC can make right now, I don't feel like people are all that excited to see Jones anymore. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see a lot of people saying that they don't care all that much if he returns. His last few fights were underwhelming. If the UFC isn't feeling a big surge in excitement for Jones then they aren't going to shell out the money Jones is asking for. Feels to me that Ngannou is the A-side and the UFC may think that too.

Well no shot. He’s fighting for a title for the money he can negotiate with all parties happy and he will fight for the title.

Why doesn't Jones wanna fight Stipe? Prove he is one of the all-time greats?
Scared of losing Jon? Still asking for silly money that you know very well they're not going to pay you?

Jon Jones is never going to fight Ngannou and it doesn't much sound like he wants to fight Stipe. who DOES he want to fight??? A Contender series HW newbie??
If your Jones, there's it's high risk for minimal benefit. He's supposed to be looking out for himself, it's clearly a fight that won't help him much. And for all people want to bitch, Jones-Stipe is a bad idea for the UFC. The UFC's end goal here is feed Jones to Ngannou to give Ngannou a scalp and build his drawing power. Jones is a ticking time bomb, sooner or later he'll fuck up in or out of the cage, so the move for the UFC is just feed him in as soon as possible.

I thought Jon would go through with it but if he really wanted to fight a heavy weight it would have already been booked, he was fine fighting at LHW for 1000% less pay than what he wants at HW.
He's just showing lack of motivation and confidence to compete with the big guys.
Pretty much this. ThumbsUp-50pix7.png

Jones could have retired 5 years ago and been an all time great. He’s just the goat now for years.

jones needs to prove himself? Champion at 21 and defending a title isn’t good enough to fight for a title in the division up?

think of any champ that went up a class and fought for the title. Now compare what bones has done.

as you can see all of those guys are t close to his level.
Lol the only one keeping Jon Jones from fighting for HW title is Jon Jones

No shit Jones isn't fighting Stipe. Jones was struggling and pretty much lost to Reyes and Santos.
Stipe would KO Jones inside of 2 rounds.

Jones has a longer reach than strive and does everything better and he kod and beat stipe pillar to post. He also dominated the guy when he was younger who stipe went life and death with.

arr you selective with the fighters or just make idiotic statements similar to me trying to match you?

smh, sherdoggers disrespecting the GOAT as always. Jon Jones does whatever the fuck he wants.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

I'm torn, normally I wouldn't say a fighter is ducking but is it really a bad thing to duck the HW division?
The money argument makes zero sense. If he wanted money he should have kept the LHW title moved up and taken the HW title and THEN asked for 30 million. He still wouldn't get it but holding both belts would have possibly given him the leverage for a payday close to that.

Instead he willingly gives up the only leverage he has.(LHW title) to tease a move to HW where he is now sitting out until he gets a payday? Doesn't make sense. Sitting out only hurts himself and the fans. Dana and the UFC dgaf.

One day fighters will learn the UFC wants theirs first. They are not giving up shit for anyone. It doesn't matter if the fight will draw 10 million views if you want 50%, it doesn't matter if the fighter deserves it, it would set a precedent the UFC does not want to set for a percentage they won't accept.

Back