Media Jon Jones interview on Stipe fight: “It’s gonna be the last time, more than likely”

Do you think Bones should (needs to) fight Aspinall after?

• Total voters
It will solidify nothing if he wrecks Aspinall because if he wrecks him it was because Aspinall was overrated and only beat overrated Pavlovich and some old folks.

If Aspinall later comes to dominate the division it was because Aspinall was still green when they fought and Jones wouldn't have a chance against this new Aspinall.

It's the Sherdog logic.

Yeah, that's nonsense. Aspinall beat Blaydes, Pavlovich and Volkov...didn't just beat them, he fucking shredded them..he's also 8-1 at Heavyweight in the UFC with his 1 loss being an oddball injury. Even the Spivac win us super respectable. Tom is in his prime, he has 1 legitimate loss his entire career via submission, the other losses were a DQ and a injury in the first round. He's super well rounded, athletic and dynamic...clearly one of the best talents we've ever seen in MMA at 265lbs. The Stipe fight is a joke, the Aspinall fight would count for a lot in regards to Jones legacy. If Jones heavyweight career is ducking Ngannou and Aspinall it'll be a sad asterisk on the end of a GOATs career.

37 is not young. Jones hasn't looked good in a while. His performances against Smith, Santos, and Reyes were the worst of his career. He had a short and easy fight with Gane, and then got injured. It's been years since he has fought.

He is making an intelligent decision.
Then he should vacate the belt and fight Stipe for a non-title fight.

Sitting out for 18 months and then refusing to fight the interim champion & consensus #1 contender is unacceptable.

Yeah, that's nonsense. Aspinall beat Blaydes, Pavlovich and Volkov...didn't just beat them, he fucking shredded them..he's also 8-1 at Heavyweight in the UFC with his 1 loss being an oddball injury. Even the Spivac win us super respectable. Tom is in his prime, he has 1 legitimate loss his entire career via submission, the other losses were a DQ and a injury in the first round. He's super well rounded, athletic and dynamic...clearly one of the best talents we've ever seen in MMA at 265lbs. The Stipe fight is a joke, the Aspinall fight would count for a lot in regards to Jones legacy. If Jones heavyweight career is ducking Ngannou and Aspinall it'll be a sad asterisk on the end of a GOATs career.

That's all fine and dandy right now but that's not what the people will say if Jones destroys Aspinall.

Remember, nobody was ever any good.

DC cracked him a few good times in their fights, Jon has a good chin but he is hittable. I think Rumble would have found Jon’s chin if that fight had happened

Fight goes down like Gane. Jon would have taken his neck and tapped him inside 2 rounds.

Rumble ain’t Gane, he had one hitter quitter power in his fists. Gane is more of volume tko kinda guy.

If he landed on Jones something may have happened. But I don't see Rumle landing those shots on Jon, he would play it safe and get the fight right down on the mat.

I got no problem when veteran fighter is doing side-quests. Problem is that this Jones vs Stipe bullshit is played like its relevant.
Stipe is done. For some reason Ganes did not fight back (fuck that fight, it was horrible) and Jones had very close fights against Reyes and Santos.

This is why Jones talk about retirement. They can sell this shit for people who dont want miss out. So many bands do that shit these days..."last tour....part 34"

If he landed on Jones something may have happened. But I don't see Rumle landing those shots on Jon, he would play it safe and get the fight right down on the mat.

Rumble landed on dc, sent him flying across the octagon. I see no reason he couldn’t have cracked Jones the same way. Rip Rumble.

Rumble landed on dc, sent him flying across the octagon. I see no reason he couldn’t have cracked Jones the same way. Rip Rumble.

Well, DC was a shorter man with a 73" reach, Rumble was able to easily get in on DC wit that overhand right. I dont think those scenarios play out the same way with 6"4 and 84" reach Jones. And we saw how that fight played out for Rumble, same as the rematch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronaldbattle93
Back