Jon Jones Destroyed Shogun after just 3 years of MMA training. he was still a rookie back then

but he was roided at a level of 75 million

Everyone was shot when they fought jones according to his deniers/haters.
Going back to this, I love how depending on the day, I am labeled a Jon Jones hater or fanboy....... It's hilarious because I am a fan of Jones and my post history would show that.... I just don't blindly accept anything a guy I like does like many fanboys on Sherdog.

Beating shot Shogun is still a great win because shot Shogun is still in the top of the LHW division, which is quite sad to be honest.

Rampage is a great win. Machida is a great win. Rashad is a great win. Both DCs wins are great wins but hey, I'm just a denier and a hater. so I am probably lying.

That's one of the best feats in MMA history, he completely destroyed shogun and make it look like he doesn't belong there with him after just 3 years of MMA training. Current jones is a way better fighter now than when he was 23. and this should tell you that both Gustafsson and Cormier are also a level above other LHWs like Shogun,Machida and rampage
He didn’t win the title after just 3 years of training. He won it 3 years after going pro. Still impressive, but let’s not go super exaggerated here.

I think it's pretty funny that a shot Shogun won the LHW title to begin with.

He was at his zenith when he won the title - better technically than he was in Pride for sure. His own manager said that the shape he was in for Liddell and Machida was his peak. After that second surgery after getting the title, he was never the same. he looked terrible against Jones, but despite Shogun being my favourite fighter ever - I don't think that's a fight he could've won even at his peak. The size difference was huge; a fit shogun against Machida cut less than 5 lbs water. He could've made 185, just like Machida did later on but never had the discipline. Chael was bigger than him when they fought FFS.

I sadly admit that I didn’t believe in Jones until he won the title.

A lot of people predicted he had the right stuff but I wasn’t convinced he was ready for a title shot.

Well he was wrestling before that. Plus teh roids

I think it's pretty funny that a shot Shogun won the LHW title to begin with.

He matched up well with Machida stylistically. Don't think Shogun would have been able to beat Rashad.

He was at his zenith when he won the title - better technically than he was in Pride for sure. His own manager said that the shape he was in for Liddell and Machida was his peak. After that second surgery after getting the title, he was never the same. he looked terrible against Jones, but despite Shogun being my favourite fighter ever - I don't think that's a fight he could've won even at his peak. The size difference was huge; a fit shogun against Machida cut less than 5 lbs water. He could've made 185, just like Machida did later on but never had the discipline. Chael was bigger than him when they fought FFS.
Oh I don't think anyone in the history of the LHW division is better than Jon Jones. I'd pick him over anyone from any era.

He matched up well with Machida stylistically. Don't think Shogun would have been able to beat Rashad.
He sure did and Rashad would have been a really bad matchup for him. Shogun would have a chance but I definitely would have favoured Rashad.

Roids, eyepokes and him being a late replacement for his teammate kinda helped

LMAO you are a clown.

Didn’t know Jones tested positive for steroids after the fight…also what helped was Jones knee fucking Shogun up for the remainder of the fight, we’ll, until he tapped to strikes.

That's one of the best feats in MMA history, he completely destroyed shogun and make it look like he doesn't belong there with him after just 3 years of MMA training. Current jones is a way better fighter now than when he was 23. and this should tell you that both Gustafsson and Cormier are also a level above other LHWs like Shogun,Machida and rampage

BIG FACTS!!

Shogun way past his prime

I happen to be a Jones and Shogun fan and Shogun was shot. That isn't a Jones hater bias, it's a fact. See his fights with Coleman and Griffin for your evidence. He was opportunistic in his timing thereafter. Took out Liddell at the end of his career and beat Machida (twice) in order to get the belt. Hasn't beat a top 5 guy since.

Everyone was shot when they fought jones according to his deniers/haters.
Shogun, 30 years old, multiple injuries and surgeries. He only got a title shot in the first place because he defeated Mark Coleman and Chuck Liddell, both of whom were past their primes.

Rampage, 33 years old, three years removed from his title reign (2008), went on TRT the following year (2012), and lost his next two fights.

Machida, 33 years old, was 1-2 when he got a title shot against Jones, with his win being against a shot Couture, and later moved down to Middleweight.

Evans, 33 years old, three years removed from his title reign (2009), injured his knee in 2011 (which is why Jones got the title shot), went 2-3 in his next five fights before moving down to Middleweight.

Belfort, 35 years old, 16th year fighting, came up from Middleweight for the fight, went back down to Middleweight after the fight.

Sonnen, 36 years old, coming off loss to Silva at Middleweight.

Gustafsson, 26 years old, comparable size to Jones, arguably won the fight.

Teixeira, 35 years old, got the title fight by defeating Bader.

Cormier, 36 years old, but Jones had suspicious T/E levels and allegedly hid from drug testers.

-50% of Jones' title defenses were against former/current Middleweights.
-Only one of Jones' title defenses was against a fighter under 30 years old.
-Only one of Jones' title defenses was against a fighter comparable in height/range.

When your reign consists primarily of undersized and/or older opponents, then it's hardly "hating" if you point it out when these sorts of conversations get brought up.

That being said, Jones has one of the most overrated title reigns in UFC history, and I don't care if I'm called a hater for saying it.

Gus wrecks Jones sorry breh.
ROFL then you wake up. Gus lost the first fight and he will never fight Jon again.

The only thing Gus will ever be known for is almost beating Jon. Almost.

Hilarious.

the fight was very,very,very,very, veeeeeeeeeeeeeery (imo Gus won) close.

Gus wrecks Jones. He improved (added nasty ellbows etc.)

Jones is ded.

#dealwithit

Shogun, 30 years old, multiple injuries and surgeries. He only got a title shot in the first place because he defeated Mark Coleman and Chuck Liddell, both of whom were past their primes.

Rampage, 33 years old, three years removed from his title reign (2008), went on TRT the following year (2012), and lost his next two fights.

Machida, 33 years old, was 1-2 when he got a title shot against Jones, with his win being against a shot Couture, and later moved down to Middleweight.

Evans, 33 years old, three years removed from his title reign (2009), injured his knee in 2011 (which is why Jones got the title shot), went 2-3 in his next five fights before moving down to Middleweight.

Belfort, 35 years old, 16th year fighting, came up from Middleweight for the fight, went back down to Middleweight after the fight.

Sonnen, 36 years old, coming off loss to Silva at Middleweight.

Gustafsson, 26 years old, comparable size to Jones, arguably won the fight.

Teixeira, 35 years old, got the title fight by defeating Bader.

Cormier, 36 years old, but Jones had suspicious T/E levels and allegedly hid from drug testers.

-50% of Jones' title defenses were against former/current Middleweights.
-Only one of Jones' title defenses was against a fighter under 30 years old.
-Only one of Jones' title defenses was against a fighter comparable in height/range.

When your reign consists primarily of undersized and/or older opponents, then it's hardly "hating" if you point it out when these sorts of conversations get brought up.

That being said, Jones has one of the most overrated title reigns in UFC history, and I don't care if I'm called a hater for saying it.

its actually funny...people say that khabibs/MMs resume are overrated, but what about jones? lmfaoo

Goes to show how pitiful Pride was, when Shogun was the best one.

Back