Jon Jones Destroyed Shogun after just 3 years of MMA training. he was still a rookie back then

Steroids and eye pokes. Not talent. Not one single win without multiple forms of cheating. Most over rated "talent" of all time.

Goes to show how pitiful Pride was, when Shogun was the best one.
Except he wasn't.

AnotherElderlyApe-small.gif

He was 29 and just knocked out undefeated Lyoto Machida in 2 minutes.

<{Heymansnicker}>
He'd had multiple injuries/surgeries by then and got that title shot by defeating an old Coleman and chinless Liddell, while losing to Griffin.

Last edited:
I happen to be a Jones and Shogun fan and Shogun was shot. That isn't a Jones hater bias, it's a fact. See his fights with Coleman and Griffin for your evidence. He was opportunistic in his timing thereafter. Took out Liddell at the end of his career and beat Machida (twice) in order to get the belt. Hasn't beat a top 5 guy since.
Shogun looked better against llidell and machida than he ever has in his career, especially in terms of his defense, but the blowing his knee for the third time in the second Machida fight was where he fell off. And hard.

That's one of the best feats in MMA history, he completely destroyed shogun and make it look like he doesn't belong there with him after just 3 years of MMA training. Current jones is a way better fighter now than when he was 23. and this should tell you that both Gustafsson and Cormier are also a level above other LHWs like Shogun,Machida and rampage
Sokoudjou beat Arona and lil nog with his first 2 fights in pride.

amazing what size, reach, youth and peds can do for a fighter

Was this dick pills jones or cocaine laced with creatine laced with steroids jones?

Someone got a hand up your ass and you call people :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. You're gay Kevin even your name sounds fruity.

Jones made Shogun his bitch. Made him tap to strikes. Turned him into a turtling f-ing coward.

Nothing you say/post will ever change that :)

Jones made Shogun his bitch. Made him tap to strikes. Turned him into a turtling f-ing coward.

Nothing you say/post will ever change that :)
You aint no killa you a clown. I couldnt care less how that fight went. Im a fan of neither, dumbfuck. Everything I said was factual.

Nah I just dont like you. You ran your mouth at me first.

I "stepped to you"?

Sorry, I drink while I post (like a man) so I don't remember every boy I school.

But hey, if I chose to school you that means I saw something...some sort of potential.

That's a compliment kid ;)

Shogun, 30 years old, multiple injuries and surgeries. He only got a title shot in the first place because he defeated Mark Coleman and Chuck Liddell, both of whom were past their primes.

Rampage, 33 years old, three years removed from his title reign (2008), went on TRT the following year (2012), and lost his next two fights.

Machida, 33 years old, was 1-2 when he got a title shot against Jones, with his win being against a shot Couture, and later moved down to Middleweight.

Evans, 33 years old, three years removed from his title reign (2009), injured his knee in 2011 (which is why Jones got the title shot), went 2-3 in his next five fights before moving down to Middleweight.

Belfort, 35 years old, 16th year fighting, came up from Middleweight for the fight, went back down to Middleweight after the fight.

Sonnen, 36 years old, coming off loss to Silva at Middleweight.

Gustafsson, 26 years old, comparable size to Jones, arguably won the fight.

Teixeira, 35 years old, got the title fight by defeating Bader.

Cormier, 36 years old, but Jones had suspicious T/E levels and allegedly hid from drug testers.

-50% of Jones' title defenses were against former/current Middleweights.
-Only one of Jones' title defenses was against a fighter under 30 years old.
-Only one of Jones' title defenses was against a fighter comparable in height/range.

When your reign consists primarily of undersized and/or older opponents, then it's hardly "hating" if you point it out when these sorts of conversations get brought up.

That being said, Jones has one of the most overrated title reigns in UFC history, and I don't care if I'm called a hater for saying it.

Using age in the heavier weight classes to downplay an athlete is misleading, throughout the UFC's history the heavier weight classes have been dominated by athletes 30 and above even when the divisions were solid.

I love watching the skill set of a smaller fighter such as a Conor, GSP, Khabib, Silva, Aldo, BJ, TJ, etc they are fighting in the smaller division for a reason and that is they match up better with someone their own size. Jon Jones undeniably has talent, I am a fan of the way he fights and how he reads his opponents in the UFC's second heaviest division.

There aren't too many smaller fighters who step up to fight in open weight, it's why I have so much respect for BJ, he fought a 235 Machida in an open weight fight. Smaller fighters fight in lighter divisions because they can't contend with the size of a bigger fighter, therefore it's why the heavyweight champion in any fighting discipline has more prestige than someone with a similar skill set at a lower division.

Jones tested himself against all contenders in his division, the greatest LHW to do it however I would love him to test himself in the UFC's HW division and I believe he can do well. Definitely don't see his title reign as over rated and I see it as extraordinary to have so many defences in such a tough divison.

I "stepped to you"?

Sorry, I drink while I post (like a man) so I don't remember every boy I school.

But hey, if I chose to school you that means I saw something...some sort of potential.

That's a compliment kid ;)
Yep you are sorry. Keep drinking and talking shit if it makes you feel like a man.

Last edited:
Back