Jon Jones Destroyed Shogun after just 3 years of MMA training. he was still a rookie back then

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's one of the best feats in MMA history, he completely destroyed shogun and make it look like he doesn't belong there with him after just 3 years of MMA training. Current jones is a way better fighter now than when he was 23. and this should tell you that both Gustafsson and Cormier are also a level above other LHWs like Shogun,Machida and rampage

I think it's pretty funny that a shot Shogun won the LHW title to begin with.

You don't just need the Shogun fight. Jones destroyed all those guys.

Roids, eyepokes and him being a late replacement for his teammate kinda helped

Only fighter that I'd be confident in picking over Jones is a prime Cain. Everyone else probably loses

Everyone was shot when they fought jones according to his deniers/haters.
So wait, you're saying a guy who had multiple surgeries and showed a decline wasn't shot?: Ummm ok, sure.

Shot Shogun put up a good fight with Gus.... Really on another level I tell ya.

I actually wanted to go to bed, but thats another classic thread from.

@3sumrock

old dog shit Shogun was competitve vs Gus.
He wasn't competitive at all lol, what were you watching? I think one of the scorecards had it 30-26, literally the only moments of success Shogun enjoyed were a failed leglock attempt and an overhand right that couldn't even rock Gus.

That's one of the best feats in MMA history, he completely destroyed shogun and make it look like he doesn't belong there with him after just 3 years of MMA training. Current jones is a way better fighter now than when he was 23. and this should tell you that both Gustafsson and Cormier are also a level above other LHWs like Shogun,Machida and rampage

All of this seems pretty obvious. I don't see anybody arguing otherwise.

So wait, you're saying a guy who had multiple surgeries and showed a decline wasn't shot?: Ummm ok, sure.

Shot Shogun put up a good fight with Gus.... Really on another level I tell ya.
every fighter have some sort of surgeries in their career but they still bounce back and keep evolving. shogun is no exception.
and shogun wasn't competitive with a young gus at all.

every fighter have some sort of surgeries in their career but they still bounce back and keep evolving. shogun is no exception.
and shogun wasn't competitive with a young gus at all.
...... not all injuries are created equal and not everyone bounces back from them,....... Did someone actually tell you otherwise?

jon was linked to ped back than as well.

Everyone was shot when they fought jones according to his deniers/haters.

fucking troll.

I call that an excuse.

"but he didn't take Gus seriously" and i think even Jones said that he didnt train that much.

he is P4P one of the dumbest guys and the worst when it comes to lying.

excuse/lie number 1
Jon Jones: "I was only fighting at 70%"

excuse/lie number 2
Ariel:"Is there one fight in particular that you didn't take so seriously, one that you thought you should of been more prepared for?"
Bones: "The Gustafson fight actually. Everyone was saying he's the same as jon jones. Well hes not jon jones, I am. I thought that there was no way that he was going to be on my level."

...... not all injuries are created equal and not everyone bounces back from them,....... Did someone actually tell you otherwise?
Did I say all injuries are created equal? a lot of fighters torn their Acl like Conor and Cruz but they still bounce back and keep evolving

He wasn't competitive at all lol, what were you watching? I think one of the scorecards had it 30-26, literally the only moments of success Shogun enjoyed were a failed leglock attempt and an overhand right that couldn't even rock Gus.

its actually hilarious how hard you try.

Shogun should have retired years ago.

Back